Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Well that was a rather fine Monday ride!
  • simondbarnes

The sun was shining so decided to ignore my knackered knee and head for the hills. Glad I did, despite the wind it was glorious out. Wall to wall sunshine and dusty trails. A bit over 60km and lots of hills 🙂

Big day out 1
    Big day out 2
    Big day out 3
    Big day out 4
    Big day out 6
    Big day out 7
    Big day out 8
    20190408_141340
    Big day out 11
    Big day out 13

Mister-P
    Free Member

60km? Hills? Without an ebike? Are you mad?

simondbarnes

60km? Hills? Without an ebike? Are you mad?

Quite possibly 😁

kayak23

Looks lush. On a Monday though? Shouldn’t one be at work or something?

simondbarnes

On a Monday though? Shouldn’t one be at work or something?

The joys of working in a bike shop mean that I work Saturdays. Get Sunday and Monday off though 🙂

Jamze

Looks lovely. Not fair, been like a misty Autumn day here all day.

simondbarnes

Not fair, been like a misty Autumn day here all day.

Was misty when I looked at the Cat & Fiddle webcam this morning but thankfully soon burned off 🙂

theotherjonv

mine’s far less exotic, but one I’ll remember.

My youngest has been through tough times recently, and still is. They’ve always had a bike and have ridden it off and on, but has recently come back to it a bit more seriously, wants to ride to school and so on.

So we went and rode from home to the canal centre at Deepcut, as flat as I could find it apart from over the top of Tunnel Hill. Hardly any singletrack, almost all fireroads and country lanes. just under 30km with 170m of climbing. I had to push them with my hand in the small of their back up a couple of hills and we walked a bit, but we did it together.

We even saw the army having a firefight in the distance looking down from Abbey view over the open land, skirmishing across the open land and giving covering fire.

No pics, just memories.

simondbarnes

That sounds great 🙂

cb

Where is the 3rd photo down?

simondbarnes

Where is the 3rd photo down?

Um, that would involve me having some knowledge of where I actually rode!

I think probably somewhere between Fernilee Reservoir and Whitelees Road. Could be wrong though 🙂

simondbarnes

Have looked at the timestamp on the pic and I was correct 🙂

funkrodent

Looks fantastic. Particularly pleased that I concluded must be the peaks from the pics (before I saw the sign), something about the ridge in that one pic and the pic with the bridge (though I don’t think I’ve ever been there) & the stony tracks. Makes me want to get out there myself!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Due to an administrative error was on my own up in peebles, a short sharp mast and back with a view was mighty fine this morning 🙂

Didn’t get a view with the lads I was up with for the previous 3 days!!

simondbarnes

Makes me want to get out there myself!

Do it! I have the pleasure of being able to ride them from my doorstep 🙂

matt_outandabout

Brilliant looking day.

One of life’s pleasures when I worked weekends was midweek, solo rides at my pace.

binners

I was lucky enough to be working from home yesterday. I spent all morning working, while staring out of the window at the glorious sunshine, then thought ‘sod it! I’m off out’. Went for a great blat up to Waughs Well and the turbines but abandoned Cragg Quarry as it was ridiculously windy up there.

Turns out a couple of the lads had had the same idea, a snapped chain stopped play, suitably bodged up to head for a couple of post-ride pints in the sunshine. 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ftAzhr]Fishermans Retreat[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2e5GW32]Post-ride beers[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

simondbarnes

👍

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Well that was a rather fine Monday ride!’ is closed to new replies.