Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Well that was a bit of an adventure – snow pics
  • simondbarnes

I’d heard that cars had been completely buried on the Belmont – Rivington road all week. I didn’t believe it but went for a spin on the road bike for a look see…

Snow banks #sabbath #september by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Untitled by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Sun, snow, shadows #dayoff by simondbarnes, on Flickr

#snowplough by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Well I did ignore the road closed sign! #blocked #snow by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Slow going in places 🙂

hora
    Free Member

There was a pic in the weekends papers of cars buried to their roofs at the bottom of the Pigeon tower!

Vortexracing

are those last two near the bottom of the ice cream run Simon?

simondbarnes

Not far from there – turn right at the end of the road and you get 2nd last pic, turn left and you get last pic (Sheephouse Lane)

simondbarnes

Oh, and I meant to go back and edit so that pics were normal size but I clearly forgot!

hora
    Free Member

I ignored the road closed sign at the weekend…drove up and circa 10ft of ploughed snow in the way. What are the trails like beyond the roads?

simondbarnes

Lots of ice & snow apparently

numpty
    Free Member

Can you get to the pidgeon tower car park yet?

hora
    Free Member

Snow chance. Seriously. I was going to pop up tomorrow pm.

simondbarnes

Why on earth do you need to park there? Too lazy to ride up from one of the barns?

Gary_C

There was a few cars parked in the car park at the bottom of the ice cream run on Sunday.

numpty
    Free Member

Nope, it’s quieter over that way and there aren’t ten thousand sodding gates/stiles to the top, unlike going up from the barns. And when I die coming back down the ICR it’s only a short crawl back to the car! 😛

hora
    Free Member

OP stop sticking your snows in. You are giving this thread a frosty atmosphere.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Well that was a bit of an adventure – snow pics’ is closed to new replies.