well that made my christmas eve! what happened on your ride today?

Home Forum Chat Forum well that made my christmas eve! what happened on your ride today?

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • well that made my christmas eve! what happened on your ride today?
  • fastindian

out at 6-30 this morning on the road bike.

almost at the top of the last v steep climb of the day when I spy a very sexy young lady walking along my side of the road, as I get near her she gives me a big smile and wishes me a very merry christmas, quite made my day!

What happened on your ride today?

snowy1

Grid reference please

sc-xc

I put a skirt on and said happy christmas to an ugly fella on a road bike…you should have seen his face!

samuri

I’ll tell you in a few hours.

Thanks to you though I am anticipating some lovely things.

I made it in to work without giving in to the urge to turn round and go back to bed.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

On a night ride a couple of years back, we stopped at the pub. A hen party was leaving the place. As they got out they all flashed us their norks! 😀

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

I met a very sexy young lady who was very disappointed that the last cyclists didn’t stop to give her a snog when she gave him a big smile.

tang

Not on a ride but I got to play on a pro roadie friends training bike today with full di2/rotor, a mad power meter in the bb and fiddled with the battery in the seatpost!

crikey

My granny said she saw a fat indian on a bike who’d lost his glasses.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

I discovered the extroadinarliy-dry-for-the-time-of-year trails have finally turned to the usual winter mudfest.

Still enjoyed my xmas eve ride though.

oldgit

I was slow going up the last big road climb of the day, so coffee was waiting for me. #scrogecyclist

JonBoy

I made it in to work without giving in to the urge to turn round and go back to bed

+1

JonBoy

Why can i never get the quote thing to work?

lizzz

Put [/quote] on the end of the quote to make it work. 🙂

Klunk

post ride homemade mince pies & jam tarts with a cup of tea bloody gorgeous

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

??q??W – ?oquo?

¿??o? o? ?u??? ??onb ??? ??? ????u ? u?? ??M

easy – either type it all in, select it and then press “quote” once, or else you need the [ quote ] at the start and then press again for [ /quote ] at the end

I nearly got hit by a bus because the driver could not be arsed looking properly at a give way.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

oh, and I followed quite a nice bum in my 1st ever spin class

worked up quite a sweat 😳

I put a skirt on and said happy christmas to an ugly fella on a road bike…you should have seen his face!

This made my day 😀 quality, quality!….:D

UncleFred

Got up at 6.30 for the Christmas eve ride, then went back to bed after a marathon 30 minutes on the bog. I think the wife put some pico lax in my tea.

Currently sat on the sofa listening to bing, and watching the girls play with their Christmas Eve present. Gorgeous day outside.

pop larkin

Christmas eve presents- wtf????

What next christmas eve’s eve presents?

anto164

Went for a road ride with the cycling club. 29 people in one big group 😮

Went to the local cyclists café which was serving mince pies and mulled wine.

clubber

had a very relaxed spin round the new Leigh Woods (Bristol) trails with aka_gilo this morning. excellent 🙂

no pretty girls though.

bikebouy

I washed my hair, went to Waitrose to collect a couple of things I’d forgotten the other day, it was empty, seriously no one around.. Drove into town almost on my own, found a parking space peasy as, had to look twice to see if I was dreaming..

Spotted some rather tasty cheeses in the “Cheeseboard” shop so just had to hang around there, got offered a glass of Port but it was 0930 and it’s far too early, took a peek into a motorbike shop to look at a new scooter, came home to MrsBouy and her insessant “final touches to Xmas” routine and thats it..

Lovely and sunny out, bit windy mind.

Markie

I’ve just been diagnosed as having bursitis. My knee is the size of a grapefruit and the antibiotics I’m on make drinking absolutely forbidden. Here’s hoping I’m off them just before new years!

tazzymtb

Pop you’ve already had your christmas eve pressie when joolz got cake and coffee for you to make up for hurting you by forcing you up a muddy gully

BenjiM

Spotted some rather tasty cheeses in the “Cheeseboard” shop so just had to hang around there, got offered a glass of Port but it was 0930 and it’s far too early, took a peek into a motorbike shop to look at a new scooter, came home to MrsBouy and her insessant “final touches to Xmas” routine and thats it..

In Malvern, Sidmouth or Harrogate? Anywy I managed to have a nice 30 miler until some impatient get decided it was easier to clip me with his wing mirror than wait 5 seconds for the car in the opposite direction to pass.

Premier Icon smartay
    Subscriber

My blind great aunt lost her white stick and some passing cyclist didnt even stop to help!! something about fast curry deliveries

fastindian

you wernt outside boots again later were u?

My blind great aunt lost her white stick and some passing cyclist didnt even stop to help!! something about fast curry deliveries

My granny said she saw a fat indian on a bike who’d lost his glasses.

I’m liking all of these 😆

Premier Icon boxelder
    Subscriber

Borrowdale Bash with some extras this morning – made by the fact that the rain held off until we were fireside in the pub, and hardly any walkers out.
    Merry Christmas

pop larkin

Tazzy- but what about the traditional 8 hours to xmas present- i feel hard done to!!

Took monkey jnr and his furry brother round some lakes earlier followed by 1:15hr of sickly intervals on the turbo. Time to start drinking now methinks 🙂

andrewh

Road ride with one Team GB rider/Olympic hopeful and three others who have raced internationally. Managed to keep up, but to be fair I don’t think they were really trying! Have also now come to terms with being beaten by a girl.
    And since when did an S-Works with Di2 and a Pinarrello Prince with Ultegra Sl and DA wheels become ‘winter bikes?!’

Premier Icon Nipper99
    Subscriber

Spin around red route at Brechfa on newly built up Gryphon – happy days.

project

5 very muddy mountainbikers poassed me today on a very we and muddy bridlepath, all screaming with delight as they hit a deep mudddy bit.

Further on me by this time very muddy, stoped at traffic lights, chap in car at side of me, said your mises want be happy with you when you get home, i pointed out i was single, he pointed to the woman driving, and said quietly, i wish i was, i may well buy a bike.

samuri

Well nothing exciting happened to me although a guy in an RX8 did almost kill me when he floored it out of a junction and almost lost control as the back end came round. Normal stuff that though.

I lost my water bottle and so rode 23 miles without a drink if that helps.

I rode around That London’s Famous London on my pub bike. It was ace. A little last minute Christmas shopping, y’see. All done, too!

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

“took a peek into a motorbike shop to look at a new scooter, came home to MrsBouy and her insessant “final touches to Xmas” routine and thats it..”
    In Malvern, Sidmouth or Harrogate?

No motorbike shop near Waitrose in Malvern (at all?), so I can rule that one out for you. Is there something special about those branches of Waitrose you have inside information on?

Sue_W

Went for a spin round the Great Orme … felt like will’o the wisp and nearly got blown out to sea! Passed a few cheery roadies – lots of smiles at this time of year.

CFH – cycling in That London on the last shopping day before Christmas 😯 I don’t think I would have survived.

Town’s pretty much empty, Sue. It’s marvellous at the moment!

Trimix

Finally got to show my permit to the Warden at woburn, 6 days before it runs out 🙂

GW

Just two of us made it out today, highlights were getting taken sideways against my will in the slop while riding both *boner and *strap on.

*If you know what I’m on about you’ll realise what a great day we had.

emanuel

brilliant ride,usual 7hs,but it all seemed to flow so well.
    I think it’s the soil conditions,dry but the cold retains some moisture.
    So,there I was,sitting down,contemplating,full facer,pads,at the top of one of the last descents of the day,a man comes up with 3 kids,and the little girl starts reading a poem to the virgin mary-there’s a little shrine on the top of that hill.
    on the left,first 20secs.
    http://video.mpora.com/watch/hfeipfQx6/

while riding home I pinned it down a longish staircase,in the metro underpass,as I always do.
    a young man shouts out ‘nice!’,so I gave him a thumbs up.and manualled away.

first compliment I’ve ever received,bike related,in 13 bloody years.
    so it made me think of how little support,or interest,I’ve received from family,girlfriends.so **** them.but the ride was brilliant,best I’ve had in a long time.so brill.going out tomorrow as well,and boxing day.
    thanks,random rasta dude.and thanks,little girl with the hairband.

Premier Icon DavidB
    Subscriber

I rode 14 miles with a twatting great salmon in my courier bag

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘well that made my christmas eve! what happened on your ride today?’ is closed to new replies.