• This topic has 54 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Del.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • We'll put it to the vote then…
  • dannybgoode

Those who find my habit of putting ‘Cheers, Danny B’ as a footnote to every post say ‘You’re an annoying barsteward’

Those who are not so bothered by it say ‘move on – nothing to see here…’

Cheers

Danny B

PS (Note – the outcome of this vote may or may not change the said habit – somewhat depends on the strength of feeling one way or the other…).

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I find it odd, a little kooky and unnecessary, but none of those things would make me want to call you an annoying barsteward.

Cheers

Muppet W

fadda

I like.

In fact, I may adopt it myself!

Cheers

Stuart

andrewh
    Free Member

Doesn’t bother me, I don’t read it. Do peeps really get annoyed at that?
    allthegear does it too, don’t know why but if she wants to that’s up to her.
    carry on, nothing to see.

allthegear
    Free Member

My habit is borne from many months of insecurity, I can’t help it now.

Rachel

rossi46
    Free Member

antigee

I’d be careful calling for vote might not deter those opposed to democratic process and are intent on direct action

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have an irrational annoyance of signatures on posts. Its not your fault danny, in fact yours is OK. Its the massive silly ones on mtbr that really anger me, I find myself reading them after every post.

soobalias
    Free Member

me me me me me

somafunk

People actually read what other’s choose to post? – how weird……….

soobalias
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences

soobalias
    Free Member

not a double post

jamj1974

Carry on Danny!

Cheers,

J

JoeG
    Free Member

Signatures are unnecessary. Your user name is at the top of your post. As is whether you are a STW employee, moderator, member, or Lazarus…

Cheers

JoeG

piemonster

Adding signatures to posts sickens me to my very core.

Yours insincerely

Piefiddler

Muke
    Free Member

Its just another minor irritation that can be added to a long list of things that annoy the hell out of me but help maintain my inner happiness by being grumpy.

Cheers Danny B Muke

creamegg
    Free Member

Mild irritation. Cant see why youd go to the effort of adding your name to every post

Drac

’tis silly.

PiknMix
    Free Member

It really shouldn’t irk me as much as it does, that said you obviously like signing off that way so carry on fella.

Legoman
    Free Member

I like it. Not really sure why.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Because it’s pointless and serves no purpose it makes you look silly imo. I imagine you’re probably a teenage kid ?

avdave2

Well it can serve a purpose if your user name doesn’t give any indication of your actual name and you’d like people to know your real name. But in your case it serves no purpose at all and it’s even more of a waste of space if you sign off with your user name.

But at least it’s not a witty, amusing or profound statement followed by a list of your bikes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Debrett’s wouldn’t approve.

konabunny
    Free Member

Hey everyone! Look at my thread!! It’s all about me!!!

philxx1975
    Free Member

I don’t actually mind either way. I find it more annoying, in fact to the point where it’s no actual use even posting on this or another forum ,that some people have to answer every single post or topic regardless of subject

I am unsure if Cooldad is actually under another name on here but I also wonder if people who post that frequently do actually have time to go and ride

THE MINUTE I see some names pop up on a thread it means press the back button.

Bregante

I find it a bit odd tbh.

Can’t say it actually bothers me but it does seem a bit pointless.

Not that you should really care what a stranger on the interweb thinks

Jamie
    Free Member

If it was an automated signature, like for email, it would be understandable-ish. The fact you must have to write it after every post just seems a bit unnecessary.

…but if it makes you happy, then go nuts.

Cheers,

Rachel

I am unsure if Colorado is actually under another name on here but I also wonder if people who post that frequently do actually have time to go and ride

Whut?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Thanking yourself every time you type something does seem a bit odd

zippykona

I’m changing my name to REPORT-POST

robdob
    Free Member

I like it!

LeeW

If that’s what you want to type then who gives?

Cheers,

Dave

edlong
    Free Member

It seems friendly and human, keep doing it if you want to.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I don’t see the point really.

Slainte rob

philxx1975
    Free Member

f it was an automated signature, like for email, it would be understandable-ish. The fact you must have to write it after every post just seems a bit unnecessary.

…but if it makes you happy, then go nuts.

Cheers,

Rachel

I am unsure if Colorado is actually under another name on here but I also wonder if people who post that frequently do actually have time to go and ride
    Whut?

I signed up for Bikeradar also and there is a chap on there called called cooldad who basically non stop posts ,can’t get a word in edgeways and is quite always correct about everything.

Wonder if he is on here under a different name as as I have seen the same names just pop up over and over and over. To be honest some folks like that who have to shout loudest to be heard have put me off posting on here altogether ,even if I do have questions.

Easy answer if you don’t like it go away but why should some spoil it for others?

Drac

You wondering if

there is a chap on there called called cooldad who basically non stop posts ,can’t get a word in edgeways and is quite always correct about everythin

You’re right there’s a few. 😀

footflaps

Fine by me.

Cheers,

Danny B

Jamie
    Free Member

footflaps – Member
    Fine by me.

Cheers,

Danny B

Thank you for your reply. Please note that I am now out of the office until Monday. If you need a response urgently, please phone Deadlydarcy between 9am and 5pm including weekends and public holidays, or email deadly@darcyington.com. If you have an urgent enquiry about stuff in general, please contact Cougar on 07769 111999 or on email cougar@notasinmilf.com

Pigface
    Free Member

I find it a bit odd

Starting a thread about it is very odd

pingu66
    Free Member

I am pretty sure that there are many more things that make you an annoying barsteward than putting “Cheers, Dannyb” at the end of your posts with people here. Such as spelling mistakes, gramatical errors etc. that will tick off the pedants. It doesn’t bother me but thanks for asking and considering how we feel about it.

Cheers

Pingu

transmute
    Free Member

Fine by me.
    Doesn’t always seem necessary on each post in the same thread after the first but really not worth getting annoyed about.
    As long as it doesn’t turn into those awful full width banners with quotes in them like on so many lesser forums.
    Cheers
    M’dears

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘We'll put it to the vote then…’ is closed to new replies.