Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Well, look what I found in my local gym…..
  • MikeT-23
    Free Member

Just as my enthusiasm for going was on the wane, they have a bit of a refurb and then three of these machines appear…

Now, I know it’s no replacement for the real thing, but still, it is rather involving, and quite funny when you take a tumble. Beats the exercise bike into a cocked helmet as far as I’m concerned. Ye cannae get me aff it now.

null

(dunno why it says ‘null’, but forget that and just see what it’s about)

ratherbeintobago

I assume Missy Giove is endorsing this because you can’t get out to ride much if you’re residing at Obama’s pleasure?

Andy

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Used to assemble them when they first came into the UK a few years ago. Great fun.

LMT
    Free Member

They were featured on the gadget show about a year ago, look great fun, but no subsitute for the real thing.

kimbers

i was hoping for so much more from this thread

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

we’ve got them at ours, much more fun than a normal turbo trainer and much more realistinc than youd imagine with hills etc.

Not as astheticaly pleasing as a spin class though :p

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Dear God Kimbers! If my local gym was attended by those types, I’d be letting my membership lapse.
    I reckon the first one’s photo-shopped and the second one…..pre- or post-opped; it’s hard to tell.

Andy, nae offence, but I don’t quite get your point.
    I saw them, tried them, thought they were fun and wanted to share it. That’s all.

Spoon – so true!

ratherbeintobago

Andy, nae offence, but I don’t quite get your point.

My point was that Missy Giove is one of their endorsees and is a bit of an odd choice; she’s currently serving 5 years for drug smuggling, which might limit her chances to actually ride a bike.

Andy

parkesie
    Free Member

Used a the bogo version of these in spin sessions a while back was were alot of fun.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

MikeT-23 – snap!

[middle aged] I was on a cruise ship last week (sshh, don’t tell anyone) and they had two in the gym there – so much better than regular gym exercise bikes, and whilst a bit limited in performance, way more enjoyable and with a much better action and position than the alternatives too. [/middle aged]!

ampthill

At bike Radar last year my son had a go. He went flat out into a metal post. His shattered body lay bleeding on the ground. Very realistic and quitetraumatic, odd feeling as he was still sat on an excercise bike grinning like a Chesire cat 3 ft from me…..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I like the girl

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Andy,

info I was not previously aware of. Re-reading the original comment, it all makes sense now, kinda. (Two large, strong beers down, and a day spent trying to work out a new phone….)
    Paranoia reigns, as I thought you were referring to me as residing at Obama’s pleasure.

Ampt – yup! I LOL when I dismount against my will, unnerving the more earnest of my fellow fitness freaks. I could excuse it as an endorphin rush, but screw that – it’s just funny, plain and simple.

ratherbeintobago

Paranoia reigns, as I thought you were referring to me as residing at Obama’s pleasure.

I can see what you mean now – sorry. Clearly I should have used the word ‘she’ instead of ‘you’. Oh for an edit button that lasts >15min…

Andy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Well, look what I found in my local gym…..’ is closed to new replies.