Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • Well I,ve been to the police station…
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

After two evenings with stones thrown at my windows I thought I’d better seek help.You to can have nice neighbours,dragged up drunken and violent.Hopefully my housing provider might have something sensible to say tomorrow.Any support advice gratefully appreciated.Neil.

PS-I,m told the gypsies are going to put my windows in this week.

Leku
    Free Member

I’d start with not using the phrase ‘the gypsies’.

perchypanther
    Free Member

My mother in law was constantly getting kids throwing stones at her windows and breaking them. The cops were sympathetic but powerless to do anything even after she had CCTV pictures of them doing it.

The solution was to screw big sheets of clear polycarbonate over the top of the window frames. The view is not noticably compromised and, based on a review of the CCTV,  the look on the little scrotes faces when half a brick just bounces off it is comedy gold.

They soon stopped.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’d start with not using the phrase ‘the gypsies’.

Eh?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Plice can’t do anything?

CBA more like.

Do Aldi do flamethrowers? Sport clothing is quite flammable I hear 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

Plice can’t do anything?

Can’t prosecute 10 year olds.

Their parents don’t GAF.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Has the OP upset anyone recently?

wwaswas

My parents resorted to getting some shutters fitted.

It was a smallish Welsh town and in the end my Mum telling all the old people at the bus stop how much it had cost them and the worry it had caused was enough to get it stopped – word was put out.

OP – As a short term fix something plastic film or carbonate as above, CCTV and some security lights.

I hope it’s sorted but I’d prepare for a long battle, I’m afraid.

funkmasterp

Not really helpful, but me and a couple of friends had this years ago. Kid of about 10 would regularly throw bricks at the front door. One of my house mates went around to the parents house and threatened to kick the shit out of the dad if he didn’t get his kid under control.

No more bricks but also never saw the child again 😱

cynic-al
    Free Member

<div id=”post-10107786″ class=”bbp-reply-header”>
    <div class=”bbp-meta”></div>
    </div>
    <div class=”loop-item-5 user-id-68143 bbp-parent-forum-180317 bbp-parent-topic-10107730 bbp-reply-position-6 even post-10107786 reply type-reply status-publish hentry”>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-author”>perchypanther
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Plice can’t do anything?

Can’t prosecute 10 year olds.

Their parents don’t GAF.

</div>
    </div>

In Scotland there’s a sytem for dealing with kids – involving social work I think – nothing like that in Englandshire?

jekkyl

Throw some stones back at the little shits*

*don’t follow this advice

convert

Needs context.

andybrad

air gun?

derek_starship
    Free Member

andybrad – are you suggesting he shoots the stone throwers with an airgun?

That would be considered a firearms offence and he would go to prison.

So put  a sock in it you idiot.

rene59
    Free Member

If the police won’t do anything, realistically unless you are willing to take matters into your own hands there is not much you can do. That’s just the way of the world for some people, only thing they will respond to is a good kicking.

spekkie
    Free Member

If the police won’t do anything, realistically unless you are willing to take matters into your own hands there is not much you can do.

Whilst I don’t doubt for one minute that this statement is true, the implication of what it means, is truly soul destroying.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Not kids an aggressive drunk.I have had to make some complaints about ASB.Sadly instead of growing up they feel the need to get violent instead.Police are now taking it seriously and showing concern.Not sure I can say the same about my social housing provider.Think I might have to rent privately.Thanks for the sensible responses.I realize I am in some difficulty.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

My friend Gary thinks that in our collapsed society this sort of thing is not unusual.I didn’t use the word gypsies,the yob did.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I really don’t think violence is an option.this,despite the fact I own a pair of 55Rs.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

There is a large CCTV camera at the end of the road.Perhaps something might show up on there.

zanelad
    Free Member

Three hours and no mention of Brexit! What’s this **** place coming to.

kerley
    Free Member

Good point – next April they can be sent back to where they came from.  The fact that is probably England is only a minor flaw in the solution.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I think Zane that the hot weather is a more relevant factor.Police told me they’ve been ran of there feet lately.Of course,it doesn’t help that I live in a severely deprived town where drink,drugs and little education are the norm.I don’t think Mad Max is to far off.Of course non of this solves tonights issue of stones being thrown(no doubt).

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I think we’re getting of the point.

alanl
    Free Member

Where are you?

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Super soaker + piss = vengance….

angeldust
    Free Member

Social housing?  How do you afford your £8K enduro machine they advertise in the mags?

funkmasterp

Per chance does sir have a pair of bombers in his collection of bicycle spares?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Middlesbrough,and I ride a 10 year old BansheeX.I,m a bit concerned about going home tonight.I,ll need to leave the windows open because of the heat.I could get injured.Not much point in going to bed really.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yes funk but not much use really.I would just end up in bother and I have no idea when the attacks will take place.

angeldust
    Free Member

Middlesbrough,and I ride a 10 year old BansheeX.I,m a bit concerned about going home tonight.I,ll need to leave the windows open because of the heat.I could get <span class=”skimlinks-unlinked”>injured.Not</span> much point in going to bed really.

Who else is in your house?  Any chance of getting a mate round for back up?

alanl
    Free Member

Bullies thrive on knowing you are scared, or that they are intimidating you.

You need to square up to him, and either give him a real good punch in the belly, or one to the chin to knock him out.

If you do that, you get on his neck when he’s on the floor, and tell him you’ll be round with a bat to break his skull if he bothers you again.

Works every time. OK, the one time I did it, it worked.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Just me unfortunately.I,m at a friends at the moment but I,ll have to go back shortly.

funkmasterp

All joking aside I really wish there was some genuine advice I could give you OP. I’d end up losing it with the idiot. You’ve done well to stay calm and not knock the shit out of him to be honest.

angeldust
    Free Member

Who is local?  You need a STW show of force.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Middlesbrough? Do they still have windows?

Best one I saw was a neighbour having their windows shot out with a shotgun. Police turned up but didn’t stop (they barely slowed down).

Then there was the fire engine the locals lobbed Molotov cocktails at.

The lads I trained with kept cropping up on world most murdery gangster documentaries a few years back. Well, the survivors did.

Nuke it from orbit…

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Think your right mate.I,m not really keen on going to jail for assault.Plus,he has a little bit more backup than me.Imagine,I paid to move into a civilised work at home space for mature people.I got aggressive anti social yobs who don’t know how to behave.Nuke option would also kill many decent people and cause 50p worth of damage.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thanks for your thoughts folks anyway.I hope some of you are up late,I’ve got a feeling I,m going to need some support.Cheers

funkmasterp

Why can’t the police do anything about it?

Edit – Really not good advice

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ve absolutely no practical advise. But your forum name is the same as a great pub band who do the rounds by me. This is them at my local, at least they might cheer you up a bit 😁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Well I,ve been to the police station…’ is closed to new replies.