Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Well, I’m glad we’ve got a week booked in Northumberland next week
  • IHN

Timed that perfectly.

Then again, we have an Air BnB place and will be spending most of our time walking around, so as long as we don’t lick any locals I’m sure we’ll be fine.

ahsat

And actually the numbers in Northumberland are really quite low compared to other parts of the NE (and compared to where I live in Leeds, which isn’t locked down!). We have family there, and though of course cautious for them, not massively worried atm. Everything is so spaced out, you’ll be ok.

piemonster

Why would you go to Northumberland if not to lick the locals?

timthetinyhorse

Im a local, numbers are low and the county is not highly populated in the most part. Enjoy the place……were in lockdown because all of the other areas of the NE have such high and rising numbers. Stupid but we have to get on with it…….

Feel free to lick the locals but not ones from Ashington, they don’t taste overly good.

franksinatra

we are off to the area on our usual October 1/2 term break. Nothing in the restrictions looks like they will impact on us. Long walks on the beach with dog, some road riding and trip to Barter Books still all perfectly doable.

amodicumofgnar

Just out of common decency you shouldn’t lick your locals in public – pandemic or no there’s some things that just aren’t done.

IHN

Why would you go to Northumberland if not to lick the locals?

Well, exactly, trip’s ruined now

MoreCashThanDash

Drac is now very concerned….

perchypanther
    Free Member

You wouldn’t want to lick Drac.

He’s super absorbent and would drain your entire body of fun in seconds.

goslow

I’m in the north east and still waiting for the Government to publish the rules some 5 hours or so after their announcement. I have plans for a weekend outside of the region already. Think I can go, hope so.

frankconway

Unless you were planning large scale fraternisation or being in pubs after 10pm – no problem.
    Case numbers per 100k in N/Land are low 20’s; you would have cause for concern if going to Sunderland or South Shields.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

In summary, you must not visit another private house or garden, and you must not have visitors in yours. (But there are exceptions).
    Everything else is advice, and “should not” so take with caution.

https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/coronavirus/Latest-information-and-advice-on-Coronavirus.aspx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Well, I’m glad we’ve got a week booked in Northumberland next week’ is closed to new replies.