Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Well I’m a wreck.
  • Drac

Apple’s Xmas advert probably as I’m tired and it’s a year since I nursed Grandad so he could have his  final wish to die home, so he could be with my Gran but this had me blubbering.

midlifecrashes

Yep, tough gig sometimes.

frankconway

Ah, family memories; always open the floodgates.

jamj1974

The end just gets you.

it’s a year since I nursed Grandad so he could have his  final wish to die home, so he could be with my Gran but this had me blubbering.

Thinking of you.  Take care.

el_boufador

Yes grief is such a wonderful way to sell stuff.
    Lost my dad this year. It’s going to be a tough one for my mum. And the tough times won’t be the distracted ones when all the family is around.
    It will be when she’s on her own and lonely and thinking of past, better times. When she sees me and how lucky I am with my own family and thinking of how frantic yet happy things used to be… but now aren’t for her and that it is almost gone.

That’s what I worry about, anyway.

Taking advantage of emotions around this, to flog stuff, is a cynical load of shit. Imho. I have no patience for it. sorry.

theboatman
    Free Member

@Drac go easy bro 💪

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Just don’t watch ‘Up’. Or do. Tough one.

On the flipside, in a way we’re lucky to miss them so much. I tell myself that every month or so when it wells up.

Anyway, hugsoverthenet. Onwards and uoward…

RustySpanner

If your granddad was with you now, he would want you to be happy.

My old fella died at Christmas, quite a while ago now.
    I still miss him every day, but in a good way. It takes a while.
    If I’m upset or struggling, I dream about him.

At first it was incredibly painful, because I missed him so much when I woke up and realised he wasn’t really there.
    Now, it’s a comfort.

Btw, I’ve never met you, but you are one of the reasons I’m now training to be a Nursing Associate. Thank you.

The fact that you did this selfless thing for your grandparents speaks volumes about you.

Take care.

Drac

Cheers folks I’m actually fine just was emotional with the memories of grandad. It was a tough but lovely time to look after him in his final days so he could be at home. I was also shattered after not sleeping fully for a few days, nights and a bad back see to that.

Rusty that’s great stuff it’s a very rewarding job.

El_bouf I see your point but this is the closest I’ve seen an advert come close to showing its about family. Yes it was to sell an iPad but cleverly done to show the uses they have for kids but that they can also be used for family.

gnusmas

Nice advert, got me too 😢

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Well I’m a wreck.’ is closed to new replies.