• This topic has 44 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Well I did it, I managed a 100miler sportive…
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

I think you did well. Glad you enjoyed it. And don’t listen to the garbage about 2000m being flat. It aint.

Kevevs
    Free Member

well done and congrats mate! I have yet to do my 100 miles yet, but it’s on the cards before my 40th in December. I can do it. Done 60-70 miles regular now, just got to find a nice day off work, got my route planned and everything! good on ya! 34/27 is my lowest gear on my roadbike also and getting to 100miles in north wales is pretty hard going without a lower gear for me, so I get the satisfaction of what you’ve done 🙂
    It’s defo my next personal challenge..

kennyp
    Free Member

Great effort. There’s always something special about going over the 100 mile mark.

oldgit
    Free Member

100 miles, classic 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Drink.

Dehydration often masquerades as hunger.

Hehe. Don’t know me well mate do you!

I eat like a TdF rider during the tour normally, I’m a one man eating machine! My “normal” portions of food are enough for 2 normal adults, and that’s every meal!

Oh, and I probably drank 5 litres during the ride yesterday, and more when I got home, my piss was crystal clear anyway…

And don’t listen to the garbage about 2000m being flat. It aint.

If it was flat it would have been zero metres of climbing eh! 😉 And cheers for the positive words

kevevs, was in your position until yesterday, my one piece of advice would be pick as flat a route as you think you can manage where you live to do your first 100. I came close to destroying myself yesterday, because of the climbs, I think 100m on the relative flat would have been a fair walk in the park by comparison.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Well I did it, I managed a 100miler sportive…’ is closed to new replies.