Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Well, howd'ya like that then? Deadly Junior arrived a little early. :o)
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We were visiting a friend’s parents (with said friends) in Lincoln for the Christmas Markets. They go every year on this weekend and invited us this year. “A little too close to due date?” she said? “Nah, it’ll be fine, but just pack the maternity notes in case…”, I said.

Sometime in the early hours of Sunday, deadly junior decided he wasn’t waiting till we got back to Bristol and started making his way out. Our friends dad, a retired paediatric neo-natal consultant asked mrs deadly a few questions and told her “You’re in Lincoln I’m afraid.”

The maternity unit around the corner told us they’d be delighted to see us so we went in between eight and nine in the morning and deadly junior said hello to the world at just before four pm. Given the completely unplanned nature of it all, it went really well, better than we could have expected. The care we received in Lincoln County Hospital from the midwives and doctors was excellent.

We’re back in Bristol now after a bit of a schlep back late yesterday evening. Both mrs deadly and Evan James are getting to know one another and settling in nicely. It’s been an AWESOME weekend. We couldn’t be more pleased. 😀

Special mention goes out to our amazing friends who drove back to Bristol on Sunday night, then back to Lincoln with our car seat on Monday to take us all home last night. And to the surrogate grandparents who shopped for clothes and bits and pieces for Evan and mrs deadly on Sunday and again on Monday. We really couldn’t have managed it without them.

camo16
    Free Member

Congratulations to you, Mrs Deadly and Evan!

😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hurrah for Even-More-Mini-Darcy! 🙂

Congratulations all round, as before!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

top, top stuff.

And having seen a photo of the little fella I can confirm he takes after his father as he too is less than 4′ tall.

shifter
    Free Member

Congratulations and welcome to the new Yellowbelly 🙂

footflaps

Congrats! 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Mate that is top stuff many many congratulations. 😀

mogrim

Congratulations!

footflaps

Have you opened an STW account for him yet?

loum
    Free Member

Congratulations to you and your family. 🙂

wwaswas

“A little too close to due date?” she said? “Nah, it’ll be fine, but just pack the maternity notes in case…”, I said

this conversation will be brought up at every family event for the next 30 years 🙂

congratulations.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Fantastic news – good to hear all went well.
    Welcome to poverty, exhaustion and the best thing that could ever happen! 😀

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Congratulations to you all! Hope you are all well. Its about time the Ireland team had a new Darcy!

yossarian
    Free Member

deadly darcy and new family = awesome

welcome to the new world DD, nothing will ever be the same again 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“Yellow Belly” – 😆

I’ve heard that a few times over the last couple of days. Thanks all. Thing is, I couldn’t wait to get all the official texts and and phone calls out of the way so I could post it here. 😳

matt_outandabout

whooop

Islabikes site is that way —–>

camo16
    Free Member

Pics on the way?

😀

cinnamon_girl

Brilliant news and congratulations to you all. 😀

Sounds as though there was some fantastic teamwork and how nice for friends to have been part of it.

binners

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That’s brilliant news!!! Cingratulations Team Darcy!

And with enough money coming in off your Christmas ad campaign royalties to keep him in Pampers 😀

xiphon
    Free Member

What tyres for….

Nobby

Congratulations!

surfer
    Free Member

Congratulations DD Our eldest was born in Lincoln (we lived there for 2 years)

Both Yellowbellies!

geoffj

Well done to you all – great news 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Special mention goes out to our amazing friends who drove back to Bristol on Sunday night, then back to Lincoln with our car seat on Monday to take us all home last night

A new seat might’ve been cheaper 🙂

Congrats nevertheless.

peterfile
    Free Member

that’s fantastic news DD! 🙂

Congratulations to the DD family 😀

Solo
    Free Member

Sincere Congratulations.

Is happy for you.

😀

MrsToast
    Free Member

Huge congratulations!

Can’t believe you named him after online bike shops though! 😛

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Shit, I knew there was something about the name… 🙂

wallop

Awwww, what a lovely story – congratulations!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Congratulations sparring partner! Welcome to the world of permanent jet-lag!

pingu66
    Free Member

Congrats all round to team Darcy and co, is this your first? How good is the NHS when its really needed.

I too became a Granddad last week to Harry. All went well. Partners daughter not mine so default Granddad.

sv

Congrats to you all.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Congratulations on you’re new addition.

You got a balance bike lined up yet? Mrs eye is due 1st March and I’ve found a possible bike already. How’s that for gun jumping?

kimbers

congrats!

miketually
    Free Member

Congratulations!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Congrats!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Proper busy April we had no? Was it really bad weather and all the TV’s buggered?? Oh hang on, it was really warm and sunny.. Ahh that’ll be it then, the joys of Spring.

Muchos Congratos.

midlifecrashes

Congrats to all, and happy Christmas!

edlong
    Free Member

Congratulations!

ratcatcher

Congratulations from here also
    🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Well, howd'ya like that then? Deadly Junior arrived a little early. :o)’ is closed to new replies.