Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • well done son or send him down.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

This happened opposite work today…

stabbibing

Stoner
    Free Member

Unfortunately he’s going to have a hell of a difficult time going with self defence having brought out a knife. ‘spose it will depend on how bad his “head injury” is.

Cant go round issuing summary justice, however, credit to the guy for standing up to them I guess.

firestarter
    Free Member

he could say it was the dead guys knife 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

This is the grim thing about “self defence”. I was talking yesterday to a friend who had kept a briefcase that about 15 young people had decided was for them. Ideally you’d want a gatling gun on that sort of job….

😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

well done son

Killing someone for atempted theft (of property that is not even your own)?

Hopefully not, though no doubt the usual armchair pro-violence, summary justice “eye for an eye” types will be along to celebrate…

firestarter
    Free Member

to be fair they were willing to harm him for stuff that wasnt theirs either

shands
    Free Member

Really depends on the circumstances. If the supposed thieving toe rags pulled the knife. I am sorry they got what they deserved.
    If on the other hand the lorry driver confronted them armed it does appear to be a bit OTT.

hora
    Free Member

so a naughty-type can carry a sharpened screwdriver yet we the innocent public are armed with a 999 number to confront them with.

Del

no, to be fair, it doesn’t say that anywhere in the report linked.
    however for all we know the driver was buttering a roll when they tried hauling him out of the cab, and confronted with three people, who might appear ready to do harm, you’d be well within your rights to strike first.
    completely different matter if, on seeing the three trying to gain access to the back, the driver goes into his cabin and pulls a bowie knife out, then goes to tackle them. at that point he’s getting into manslaughter or even murder.

Del

so a naughty-type can carry a sharpened screwdriver yet we the innocent public are armed with a 999 number to confront them with.

no. nowhere is there provision for anyone to carry a sharpened screwdriver unless they wish to use it on screws and/or some other inanimate object which they have right to take it to. 🙄

cynic-al
    Free Member

You know this do you? They may have acted purely in self defence.

Have you just made an ass of u and me?

BigDummy
    Free Member

We do not know enough to make a reasonable judgment. But we can make an unreasonable one with the facts we have!

🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

del i would have said the getting hauled out of the cab alone would be indication of them willing to do harm if that were the case

you make me chuckle cynical 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

the way i look at it and it may be a simplistic view (i got taught it in the army so it probably is) . if someone is willing to rob or do harm to you and yours then they deserve all they get, and if some robber gets stabbed then hey ho . they should have thought about that before they left the house 😉

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

totally agree firestarter. ive got no sympathy for them at all,

if you play with feathers, you’ll get your 4rse tickled

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Its similar to the farmer that shot the guy he caught trying to rob him, the guy lived and the farmer got sent to prison.

The robber said he would have done exactly the same if it had been his house.

If someone is willing to step over a boundary then they have to accept the consequences, and if the consequence is the guy you try to rob is a bit of a headcase then, well tough.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Very little info to go on. Doesn’t bode well for the driver, as weapons go a knife is pretty serious. You generally dont carry one unless your prepared to maim or kill – it’s a pretty poor defensive weapon too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The robber said he would have done exactly the same if it had been his house

what via a medium or do you personally converse with the dead?
    The farmer shot and killed him by shoooting him in the back FFS hardly self defence.

cynic-al
    Free Member

if someone is willing to rob or do harm to you and yours then they deserve all they get, and if some robber gets stabbed then hey ho . they should have thought about that before they left the house

Sounds like you are not currently a defence laywer?

firestarter
    Free Member

tony martin wasnt it the farmer , from what i remember the only thing he did wrong was be a poor shot he’d probably have served less time if he’d got the both of them properly

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

He shot the guy in the back as he was running away though did he not?

firestarter
    Free Member

nope 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

i seem to remember him getting one but not the other . i may be wrong tho

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

The case that I am taking about the guy lived, it was in perthshire, years back. If someone breaks into your house then they deserve whatever they get in my opinion,

Like those 3 guys that tried to rob Duncan Fergusons house once. You would have to be daft to try that.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Shiny the farmer “self-defence” story is a whole different issue. The robbers were running away when he shot them in the back, do you really I think you can claim self-defence? I’m saying I agree/disagree with that situation however that is clearly not self-defencea and a different kettle of fish.
    The facts in that news story are so vague they give us NO information what so ever as to what has happened other than an “incident” where someone has ended up dead.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

To complicate matters…had Martin not been robbed by the exact same gypsies 15 times or something? Did he not shoot one in the leg, the other fled and he shot him in the back?

Junkyard
    Free Member

firestarter – Member
    i seem to remember him getting one but not the other . i may be wrong tho

well finally you got something correct.
    he did shoot him in the back
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/tony-martin-the-harmless-eccentric-whose-obsession-made-him-a-killer-721200.html
    wont work as a linky

red orange you cannot kill people because they break into your house it is just wrong. you can defend yourself and your property using appropriate force once the threat is over (they are floored or start to leave run away) any further action is criminal assault on your part. two wrongs do not make a right.
    PS you would be mad to try and rob Big Dunc’s house

cynic-al
    Free Member

GO Junkyard!

FWIW DM type trolls will generally not respond to rational argument (or probably understand it for that matter) so don’t take it all too personally.

firestarter
    Free Member

so what did i get incorrect then junkyard ? did i say the farmer did it in self defence anywhere ?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Junkyard

red orange you cannot kill people because they break into your house it is just wrong. you can defend yourself and your property using appropriate force once the threat is over (they are floored or start to leave run away) any further action is criminal assault on your part. two wrongs do not make a right.

And you cannot know that people who break into your house don’t mean to kill you. Why take the chance? Would you take the chance?

firestarter
    Free Member

btw your link doesnt work smart arse 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

oh yes and my reply of nope after gnargnars post was in reply to cynicals question . just to confuse matters even more

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

All i’m saying is that if someone crosses a boundary they have to accept whatever consequences occur.

I’m not saying its right to kill them, but thats a risk that they have to accept. Don’t go robbing people that are a bit nuts and have easy access to guns!

What happened to the guys that tried to rob big Dunc? My uncle was in Barlinnie at the same time as him, said he was a nice enough guy, liked pigeons apparently.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

re: tony martin. the court notes are on the net somewhere. He shot someone in the back as they were running away and i think the victim bled to death in his garden.

The majority of the time in court was spent trying to prove where he fired this shot from, and whether or not he could see what he was shooting at. He had removed the lower part of the staircase and the court decided he fired the shot from the upper part of the stairs where he could see the guy running away, hence he was sent to prison.

These cases are decided on the details

Junkyard
    Free Member

it does not but i blame STW as it is the correct link but hey will take the blame
    Firestarter i dont know what you are denying anymore do you? 8)

GNARGNAR

And you cannot know that people who break into your house don’t mean to kill you. Why take the chance? Would you take the chance?

yes facts prove that most house robberies are indeed just bungled attepted murders gone wrong sorry my mistake from now on I will kill every mother **** one of them… Junkyard wonders if irony will work where facts dont

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Junkyard

GNARGNAR

yes facts prove that most house robberies are indeed just bungled attepted murders gone wrong sorry my mistake from now on I will kill every mother **** one of them… Junkyard wonders if irony will work where facts dont

Aye very good smart arse – there are plenty examples of bungled robberies were the people getting burgled end up being beaten to death, often pensioners or people in isolated rural areas.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1379800.ece

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2403784/Burglar-murders-nursing-home-residents-after-finding-nothing-to-steal.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1477109/Burglar-murders-grandmother.html

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9504EFD7113EE033A25756C0A9649D946897D6CF

So I take it if you hear someone rooting around your house tonight after you’ve gone to bed you’ll just go back to sleep, safe in the knowledge all the friendly thieves want is your telly?

firestarter
    Free Member

nope lol

im just wondering now how the law would view my ice axes getting stored under the bed , as its nice and safe there for them. and easy to hand if i hear a noise in the night 😉

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

I have a nice baseball bat that I made at school for such occasions 🙂

My shotgun use to live in the wardrobe but when I moved to the big smoke I had to leave it with the old folks. Probably best that way…

Junkyard
    Free Member

You may keep calling me smart arse if it makes you feel superior but the law is as I state

So I take it if you hear someone rooting around your house tonight after you’ve gone to bed you’ll just go back to sleep, safe in the knowledge all the friendly thieves want is your telly?

No I will clearly kill them without asking or saying anything they deserve it as so many people die in robberies etc etc i will use the baseball bat, ice axe, shotgun, bread knife from my personall armoury I sleep with…. the law will support me and you can defend me in court I am confident I will walk free at the end as a hero.
    Junkyard notes facts and irony failed so tries saracasm and goading.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Yeah that works well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘well done son or send him down.?’ is closed to new replies.