Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Well done Eddie Izzard
  • jimw
    Free Member

By ‘eck he’s tough

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35856814

-double marathon on the last day!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

If you can get into heels, you’re well prepared for pain.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just came here to start a thread. The man is nails. Epic.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Top bloke.

Drac

Amazing achievement.

nickc

amazing effort. can’t imagine how you’d do that!

leffeboy

**** me that’s hard. And at 54

gears_suck
    Free Member

leffeboy – Member

**** me that’s hard. And at 54
    No. This is hard, and he failed.
    Fridge carrying runner

craigxxl
    Free Member

Much respect to him. The pics of him at the start of these marathons to now shows how much it has taken out of him.

zippykona

Top man.
    Just how hard is what he has done? Who else that we’ve heard of could have done it?

jamj1974

Brilliant achievement! Always liked Eddie.

Merak

Indeed, 27 marathons on 27 days. A fantastic achievement. Most of us wouldn’t even dream of running one!

JAG

He’s a top bloke; tough as nails and very funny; I’ve seen him on stage a couple of times.

He’s also helping to break down the stereotypes surrounding cross-dressing. I guess that’s a good thing?? 😯

richmars

Very impressive. Given that a 54 year old non runner can do it, is this more of a mental challenge? (Assuming your body doesn’t fall apart.)

Hadge
    Free Member

Much much respect to the guy. Incredible achievement.

spekkie
    Free Member

I don’t know exactly where he was running but Jo’burg was 2 months into a heatwave when I left 6 weeks ago and it hasn’t let up yet, although the rains have finally come.

It’s hard to even think when the temp it’s the high 30’s everyday and doesn’t drop below 20 at night, must have been exhausting for him to run in it. Respect..

Coyote
    Free Member

Been a fan for a long time but to do what he has done is truly incredible. His physical strength is not in doubt but his mental strength is super-human. Well done Mr. Izzard.

Cougar

Absolute legend. I’m in awe. Good man.

Been a fan for a long time but to do what he has done is truly incredible

This.

jimster01

A real achievement, absolutely gobsmacked that anyone would dream of doing it.

Meanwhile – [video]https://youtu.be/Sv5iEK-IEzw[/video]

wrightyson
    Free Member

Loved the man for years. His last marathon epic was frankly epic. This one all the more so. And live the death star canteen. Jeff vader????

CountZero

Indeed, 27 marathons on 27 days. A fantastic achievement. Most of us wouldn’t even dream of running one!

I could, possibly, walk one, but I’d be hobbling in pain for the last eight or nine miles, and probably in pain for a week afterwards.
    I have untold amounts of respect for Eddie, to be able to do that is almost superhuman.

pondo

Nigh on unbelievable – it’s the measure of the man that “unbelievable” is within his grasp.

Speshpaul

The man is rock.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Who else that we’ve heard of could have done it?

Glupton probably, but nobody else.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Not sure. I guess if the average person was accompanied by a camera team, medical team, physio, psychologist, a resoucre team, managment, publicist and the chance to make money from publicity via media (TV,internet,mags etc) I’m sure they could have managed it as well 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Who else that we’ve heard of could have done it?

Another mad man/legend his original description was as a guy who liked football, pies and beer. Ran a marathon to raise money after he lost family members to cancer I think then carried on, Ran the length of the UK, across the States and last time across Australia in the middle of summer. Now he’s running around the world.
    http://markallisonjogtole.blogspot.com.au/

Not meant to take anything away from Eddie who has done a heap of good work and it’s still an amazing effort.

mogrim

Also not to take anything away from Eddie, but the world record is apparently one a day for 607 days…

Pigface
    Free Member

Simply amazing but feel like someone should save him from himself.

jam-bo

then carried on, Ran the length of the UK, across the States and last time across Australia in the middle of summer.

didn’t they make a film about him? went on to own a fishing boat?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He only finished Oz a couple of years back. He’s starting the world one now. Not seen a film

zilog6128

Woooooosh! 🙂

Also: well done Eddie; inspiring stuff!

miketually
    Free Member

Is he on Strava? Doesn’t count if not.

footflaps

All seemed very low key to me, he could have raised more money if he’d had more publicity I only found out about it 4 days ago from Chris Evan’s breakfast show…

Dickyboy

Does anyone know what pace Eddie does these marathons at? Been training for a marathon walk and so far only managed one full distance walk & it took bloody ages :$ hats & dresses off to the man

zilog6128

According to a DM article 5h 34m on Day 22 was his quickest. I heard him talking about his previous epic on the radio before he started this one – he said he took his time & liked stopping to chat to people along the way!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

hats & dresses off to the man

That’s not going to help anyone’s times is it 😉

Dickyboy

Thanks zilog, that’s not a bad time in that heat.

Hats & dresses can make all the difference in ultra marathons don’t you know, bit like the baggy v lucrative debate

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Not a big fan of Eddie, but, well, wow, well done, that is awesome levels of awesomeness

miketually
    Free Member

Does anyone know what pace Eddie does these marathons at? Been training for a marathon walk and so far only managed one full distance walk & it took bloody ages

I read seven hours a day, somewhere, so he’s not going much faster than walking pace really.

My wife and I walked the Harrogate Ringway (plus Harrogate out/in) last February which is about a marathon. We didn’t do any training and stopped for three pints and a pub meal on the way round; it took us nine and a half hours.

Dickyboy

I was thinking it was more like walking pace, but even so day after day in heat is really impressive. I am training for a 66 mile event in target of 20hrs, as a similarly aged man just staving off the pain and injuries in training (with plenty of recovery ;-)) is hard enough

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Well done Eddie Izzard’ is closed to new replies.