Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 182 total)
  • Welcome to the MTFU Daddies breakfast club
  • GrahamS

The sneaky 2 yr-old managed to adjust her sun/stars clock so the sun came up a “little” early.

There is a key-lock function on it. 😀

we’ve always tried to stick to the literal sun and moon clock to avoid the problem you’ve just experienced..

So wake up at sunrise (8:22am), and off to bed at sunset (3:38pm).

How’s that working out for you? 😀

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Surprise lay in this morning, 7am!! 🙂

20 month old has been ill and sleeping a lot during the day this weekend, so didn’t end up going to bed until 9 last night.

5 yr old was the first one up at 7, right result (although we were nearly both late for work this morning).

UncleFred
    Free Member

The twins go to bed at 8pm Babyfred 1usually wakes up at some pint between midnight and 3, comes into ours bed for some milk and then back to her cot until between 5 and 6, back in with us for more milk and then back to slept until my alarm clock goes off at 7. Babyfred 2 will normally sleep until about 6.30 and will chuckle herself until we go and get her. They’re 1 on Wednesday.

yunki
    Free Member

So wake up at sunrise (8:22am), and off to bed at sunset (3:38pm).

How’s that working out for you?

shplendid old bean..

Early to bed early to rise and all that

EdwardH

What I dont get is; how come even though I am up at six / six thirty most mornings with my almost 5 year old, we are alway rushing around like mad men at eight fourty five in a panic due to being late for school.

I have a suspicion that his clockwork timings for a “poo” at eight thirty have something to do with it.

Oh and what joy this morning at losing his three year old brother in tha garden after letting him free of his buggy following the school run. Only to find him helping dig the remainder of the vegetable patch, I was almost tempted to take the hose pipe to him! But came to the conclusion his screams would have the neigbours out.

pedalhead
    Free Member

There is a key-lock function on it.

Ooh, did not know that. Thanks! 😀

carbon337
    Free Member

The weaning her off a 4 am feed isn’t going to well tonight 🙁

Last night she self soothed for 10 mins then back to sleep, tonight it’s been an hour of screaming and cuddling. 11 months yesterday.

hoodie
    Free Member

4am, feed, change, sick all over top, changed that, massive dump….went quiet should’ve known it wad coming….change nappy again…rest of bottle, more yak…now trying to fight the moses basket….7 wks today….feels like 7 yrs

peteroughton169
    Free Member

up since 3 here, cant get back to sleep after 2 hrs of trying so decided to download another urban soundtrack and upload a load of camcorder stuff from memory stick to hdd. full of cold, and work at 7.30. hope the wifeapreciates me being ont sofa!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Woke at 6:15 to Olivia demanding ” a sandwich, a sandwich”

Cheese sarnies for breakfast!! lol

yossarian
    Free Member

Musical beds again last night, but both boys slept through til 6.00am which feels like a lie-in.

lol’ing at the dads with new borns, wait til you’ve been doing this for YEARS. 😆

weeksy

Cracking thread.

MY little man is now a ‘wake up, back to sleep’ kind of thing. This morning he was woken by the rain on the Velux windows, wanted tucking in and then back to sleep after 20sec of a cuddle… Happy until after i left for work at 6.20.

I’ve been fortunate that in all his times of waking i’ve never really struggled for some reason… the wife has though.

I must say, when the clocks change have been the worst days….At them times he was usually waking at about 5.15 anyway… so 4.15am !!!!

I recall one bad night we’d been up, walking to see the horses, had home-made pancakes i made, had a bath, been out cycling… it was 7.35am !!!!! i mean… come on… seriously !!!!

We made a mistake a few weeks ago when he had an ear infection to let him into our bed at about 4am…. the next 3 weeks, every night between 2-5, he’s climbing into bed again… The wife is an easy touch so he gets allowed in…. i then am bombardered with ‘head-hugs’ or ‘trying to climb into your ear’…. which is bascially where we sleep with our heads completely inseperable….
    I’m sure in a new age man kind of way it’s very romantic for the wife to see her boy and me so close… but DAMN… i just want 1″ of space between our heads when he’s snoring away merrily.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Jnr FD has had a bad virus for the last 2 weeks and ended up sleeping with Mrs FD. Virus gone and he still wakes up wanting to sleep with Mrs FD, and Mrs FD relents.

But I’ve had enough, time to make a stand!

Last couple of nights its even started putting him in bed at 7pm with crying. 30 mins later I get him off to sleep. 11:30pm wakes up, leave him for 10mins by which point he’s screaming the house down. Go in to his room, by 12:00am hes at least lying down and quiet. Leave the room, screaming starts again. 12:15 back in the room calm him down, all goes quiet. 12:30 consider leaving the room, and Jnr FD just starts talking (baby talk) and laughing and joking to himself…oh joy. Leave the room screaming starts again. 1:00am back in Jnr FD lies back down, goes quiet, I leave the room, screaming starts. 1:30am I getting peed off with Jnr FD, and he wins the battle 👿 I end up putting him bed with me (yes I know) Jnr FD goes straight to sleep, and I sit there wide awake….think I got to sleep about 2:30 and up at 5:30

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Inlaws stayed over last night due to little fella needing to be off from child minders today because he is ill.

Right result, he was up at 3 and i just rolled over and stayed asleep until 7 while mother-in-law wrestled with him for 4 hours. 🙂

I think the thought of her being up with him was more rewarding than the extra 4 hours kip 😀

crankboy
    Free Member

ha ha 4 months old slept through all night 7 pm to 6 50 before he lay in his cot ?singing? the first time he and we have slept through a night together . Obviously a one off but one to savour.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Morning all. Back in the routine, 5.30 this morning.

Dont you just love it when you get up at stupid o’clock and all they do is cry and shout for mummy who is in bed. Ungrateful little buggers!

rickmeister

Respect to you dads and families after reading this thread…

We dont have kids, just 2 cats and a young kitten and thats driving us to distraction…. you lot have the patience of saints…

molgrips
    Free Member

Crankboy, not necessarily a one-off. You might have one of the good sleepers.. they do exist 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

Well, as usual, mine is still asleep – has been all night, apart from 10 minutes around 2am. You all hate me now, don’t you? 🙂

mrlugz
    Free Member

Just read the whole thread with a wry smile most of the way through, Although the youngest is just 4, its seems all a distant memory.

I am still up at 0520 each morning, but that’s just so I can finish early to do the school run.

I get him up just before I leave so he can have a wee, then he climbs into bed with Mammy till about 0730.

At times it feels like you’re never going to get a good kip again, but its only a couple of years!

GrahamS

Woken up at 5ish this morning.

Little ‘un (20mo) distressed by the wind rattling her window (it was pretty breezy).

We’d normally just soothe and put her back in her own bed, but we have guests at the mo who probably don’t want to listen to a screaming girl at 5am, so she came into our bed, wriggled for two hours then fell soundly asleep – just as we all had to get up for work.

yunki
    Free Member

8pm – 8am as per… 8)

crankboy
    Free Member

molegrips through to 6 20 today slipping but still good.

Scamper
    Free Member

Our 3 month old now sleeping through from 11pm feed till 7am. Apparently this is pretty good for breast fed. Getting the sleep in now before the teething starts.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

morning. 🙂
    5.30 shout this morning. Still in his clothes from yesterday due to tea time melt-down incident 👿

Think i’m on the early shift up until xmas after the wife let me buy a new/2nd hand bike last night :mrgreen:

ps LAST DAY OF TERM!!!

Travis

our 2yo, slept until 7 this morning. Normally it’s 5.30 – 6, so I missed breakfast to get him to Kindergarten for 8.15
    My wife has the rough end though, we have a 2 week old, and is on the nipple, so it’s her duty to be up all hours to look after her.

weeksy

i had 5.30 but with minor reprieve till 6.30

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Going through a Thomas the tank engine sufferfest now. It keeps him happy but i hate it.

weeksy

Watching ‘Time Bandits’ here:)

Classic

althepal

Timmy time Christmas special here.. Been up since about 6.
    First day off after finishing nights as well! Oh well, sal deserves a lie in..

TimP
    Free Member

4:40am today. Mrs P and Ms P have been away all week so have had some decent sleep, but woken at 12 by Mrs P stressing for an interview today and then Ms P up at 4:40 so went downstairs with her for 2 1/2 hours of having my nose and ears pulled and twisted. So glad they are back…

v8ninety

Had to wake our 15m/o terror at 9am today, having slept through from half eight. But that is SERIOUSLY out of character for him!

Riksbar

2yo in with us since 3.30 as he cries when put in his own bed, threatening to wake his brother, who is working hard to get off the naughty list after killing the telly yesterday.

TooTall
    Free Member

Morning dads. Charlie and Lola giving me some respite this morning.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

been up 90 mins and enjoying postman pat

cookeaa

sweet jebus!

a whole week of 2-5am scream fests caused by her never ending cold. finally slept through the night last night but now will not play on her own so since 6am I’ve been being served “breakfast”. We’re on the 35th course now; peas and an orange…

Mog
    Free Member

been up 90 mins and enjoying postman pat

I do hope they get that xmas tree back in time. Snow’s looking a bit thick, mind (what tyres?!)

rob-jackson
    Free Member

all good in the end

Mog
    Free Member

Yup, good old Pat. Utterly dependable. Wish he was my postman.

Haribo
    Free Member

Woop, as of a week ago I can join this club. Tbh (ssshh) wee caelan has been a star gen 4hrs between feeds so far including over night. The wife and I are a good tag team between nappy changing and the feed.

I’ve got one of those weird mini bikes in the garage and can’t help thinking about stripping the cranks / drivetrain off and having the worlds first fs balance bike 😉 think this came to
    me at 4am the other day – no time to act on it yet of course

I’m now going to grab one of those critical hour sleeps before he wakes up to play.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘Welcome to the MTFU Daddies breakfast club’ is closed to new replies.