Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 182 total)
  • Welcome to the MTFU Daddies breakfast club
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

In light of last nights thread, i thought i’d try and start an early morning Dads club for those desperate/bored fathers who are up in the middle of the night.

Welcome all 😀

Rusty (up since 3!)

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Morning.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

bmx on sky channel 419 if you’re fed up with cbeebies 😉

TooTall
    Free Member

I’m trying to do some homework. She appears to have settled again, but I can’t 😥

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Woo Hoo, he’s nodded off on me. In the cot you go sunshine, i’m back off to bed. 😀

See you all tomorrow, same time, same place.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Peppa Pig is on from 6, no chance getting in a sleep frame of mind now.

globalti
    Free Member

06:17 here – does that qualify me?

althepal

I’ve been up for hours.. But due to work not the wee man. Hopefully he’ll let me get a good sleep today!
    Poss not..

Wally

I’m about to start marking pupils tests – Lazy teachers.

warton
    Free Member

3AM is hardcore Rusty! 5.50 for me, something of a lie in 🙂

schmiken

Good morning chaps.

GrahamS

7am. Little one still sound asleep. 😀

djglover
    Free Member

Ours (3) sleep until 9 unless we wake them!

Bregante

5.40 here. Same EVERY day and I really do mean EVERY day. No exceptions ever.

Except Christmas Day. Christams day is usually about 4.15 👿

jonzo
    Free Member

Enjoy… one day you WILL look back with fondness, bringing back memories just reading this!

yossarian
    Free Member

Morning fellas

My youngest came into bed with us around half four, promptly dId a little wee and then went back to his room. Bastardo!!! 🙂

Eldest was up at 5.45 as per usual

Where’s hora? Probably doing the hoovering

hora
    Free Member

Woke up silly o’clock mrshora couldn’t tell his cries were hunger cries (anyone else notice different cries for different things?).

Sorted.

He then woke up again and I could tell he has a sore throat.

Sorted.

I finally fell asleep just after the alarm went off for 30blissful minutes.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“06:17 here – does that qualify me?”

Does it hell, I usually get up for work at 5:50. Jnr FD was up 2:00am – 3:00am last night (think hes on a growth spurt because as soon as he had milk he went straight back off to sleep)

As I left at 6:30 he was sound asleep 👿

hora
    Free Member

As I left at 6:30 he was sound asleep

😆

Samehere. Why am I laughing 😐

TooTall
    Free Member

anyone else notice different cries for different things?

Yup. Part of the reason we taught her sign language so she could communicate better, earlier. Helps reduce the frustration on both sides.

carlphillips
    Free Member

4yrs old and in our room at 0330 this morn announcing he was ‘up’ and thirsty and was it breakfast time!!!

feeling slightly jaded this morning….

hora
    Free Member

Yesterday before rushing out I was eating my tea with the plate on my knees (yes I know), hora junior came in. Stood, waited until I finished then took the plate into the kitchen.

I was sat there 😮

He’s only 18months old!

Dark-Side

It was my turn for a sleep in this morning, 7.30pm! I shall be in the breakfast club tomorrow though, see you aroung 6am 👿

molgrips
    Free Member

Up at 3am today with DAAADDDDYYYY! coming from her room. Back to bed, nappy change, fruit pouch, DAAADDDYYY! another nappy change, cuddles, lessons on why we need to sleep at night, tears, chastisement, few more tears, more joos and finally quiet, just before the smaller one woke up bright and early at 5am.

So I got dressed and got an earlier train to work.

Btw, do you lot not put gates on their doors to stop them wandering about?

GrahamS

Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002APJCNE

Recommended!

meehaja
    Free Member

I’ve been up at 5 al week for work, got an epic lie in until 7 today. Its sunny and still out there, so when Eddy & mrs meehaja go to breastfeeding club I’m going riding! (new tyres to try out!)

theteaboy
    Free Member

+1 for the Gro clock – it’s like magic. Our 2 year old sleeps brilliantly and part of that is down to the clock.

It’s set for 6.20 in the week and 7am at weekends and, even if he wakes early, he stays in bed until it’s time to get up. We then hear him shout ‘Sun’s up!’ and he charges into our room to say hi.

His sister, on the other hand, is a disaster! Teething, tummy bug, separation anxiety and dummy dependency.

Scamper
    Free Member

Would love to join you all fella’s but my 3 month old sleeps in till 7.30am, having been fed at 2.30am and that’s only as we wake him up half the time. Happy days.

I’m sure things will change, mind. 😕

PJM1974
    Free Member

Morning all dads – both conscripts and civillian volunteers.

One of my stepsons was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and I have to get up during the night to check his blood glucose levels and I invariably end up having to reprogram his insulin pump and/or check for infusion set leakages or stuff his face with glucose tablets if he’s hypoing.

He’s 14 in January and I’ve still got years of this in front of me…

kimbers

ha kimbers jr slept till 6-15 this morning!!!!!

GW
    Free Member

+1 for the Gro clock – it’s like magic. Our 2 year old sleeps brilliantly and part of that is down to the clock.

It’s set for 6.20 in the week and 7am at weekends

😯 you having a ******* laugh!!

D0NK

Btw, do you lot not put gates on their doors to stop them wandering about?

gate on the door but he doesn’t even get out of bed let alone try the door, just lies there shouting “Up….UP….uuuuup”

theteaboy
    Free Member

you having a ******* laugh!!

Ha ha – no.

He sleeps from 7.15ish to 6.20/7 every day. Very rarely wakes up but if he does, he just goes back to sleep/ waits for the clock.

6.20’s ok for him to get up as 1) his sister is awake anyway, 2) it means I get to play with him for a bit before I go to work and 3) it means he’s likely to have a nap at lunchtime.

GW
    Free Member

mine’s asleep now, we did get up at ten to eight this morning tho 😛

we all get up after 9 at weekends.

prezet
    Free Member

Will be joining you all in about 6 weeks…

GrahamS

Will be joining you all in about 6 weeks…

Why are you awake?? Sleep now, while you still can!!

TooTall
    Free Member

my 3 month old sleeps in till 7.30am

We were smug then too. Teething will put you back in the shabby club.

Morning dads. The Two Foot Tyrant is awake. Therefore, daddy is up now. If she wasn’t so damned cute we’d have put her out for recycling months ago.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Morning, 5.30 this morning so a bit of a lay in. Snuffly little fella was struggling to breath last night so he did well to make it this late.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The 2 1/2 year old bitch from hell has been singing Twinkle, Twinkle since before 5.

Need more coffee.

speshspenner
    Free Member

Morning all, just got in from work, Big bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, then its ear plugs in and bed for 6ish hours, wife will be up soon so a nice warm empty bed for me…….bliss!. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘Welcome to the MTFU Daddies breakfast club’ is closed to new replies.