Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Weird post!
  • verses

This is weird on several levels.

Facts:
    – Hand written envelope delivered by the postie
    – Envelope addressed to me, but rather than “Mr Verses Smith”, it starts with “Mr/s Verses Smith” (I guess shorthand for “Mr and Mrs”, rather than them questioning my gender)
    – No stamp on the envelope
    – Envelope contains only a folded piece of blank card with nothing at all written on it

Questions:
    – Overlooking the stalker-a-gram itself, why would the postie deliver a card with no stamp?
    – The envelope has 2 bands of vertical yellow lines, would these indicate some kind of barcode payment of postage (business franking type of thing)?
    – What the absolute **** is some nut job sending me a blank bit of card for?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Postie has had away with the goodies that were packaged by the bit of card?
    Lsd?

mechanicaldope

Try licking the card. It might be acid if your lucky! 😯

Edit: damn it, too slow.

verses

They’re doing LSD in A4 now!?!? 😀

verses

To be honest, I’m slightly loathed to touch the strange bit of card, never mind lick it!

maccruiskeen

We are discovered. Flee immediately.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Hogwarts?

I think the lines sound like the barcode that the mail sorting machine puts on. I guess at this time of year they are too busy to worry if a stamp is on it.

Handwritten or printed envelope?

Edit: geeky link

maccruiskeen

Have you bought anything on ebay recently? … that the seller now has proof of postage for.

unovolo
    Free Member

Have you looked at the card under a UV lamp incase there is a hidden message.

maccruiskeen

Have you looked at the card under a UV lamp incase there is a hidden message.

Its MI6 writing to tell you that you didn’t get the job

maccruiskeen

[img]http://xcontemporaryart.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/cropped-white-rectangle.png[/img]
    [img]http://xcontemporaryart.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/cropped-white-rectangle.png[/img]

verses

Aaaaargh!

daftvader
    Free Member

Sensible answer… as an ex postie we always delivered cards or hand written stuff even without a stamp. The lines mean it has been through an electronic sorter at a mail centre, so st some point may have had a stamp.

verses

Thanks for the sensible answer.

There’s no sign that a stamp was ever on it, and no postmark either.

Just Kathy Bates’s spidery capitals on the envelope as a clue to who sent it…

I’ve no UV light (belatedly adds one to xmas list)

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Have you bought anything on ebay recently? … that the seller now has proof of postage for.

Someone wants to prove they’ve sent something to you.

ferrals
    Free Member

Anthrax

verses

It wasn’t signed for so there’s no proof it was delivered. Also I’ve no online orders due…

Funny, anthrax wasn’t the first thing I said to Mrs V.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Its MI6 writing to tell you that you didn’t get the job

No, it’s MI6 writing to tell you that DID get the job…provided you can read the hidden message

oldnpastit

It’s a letter you’ve sent back to yourself from the future to warn yourself of imminent doom.

Sometimes the ink comes off in the time machines, especially the cheaper ones.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Did you tell someone you wanted a card for Christmas in a jovial way? . . . You have a card

ulysse
    Free Member

When they find your naked, bruised tightly origami’d corpse in the suitcase….

Can i have first dibs on your bike?

funkmasterp

It’s obviously a Christmas card depicting a really heavy snow fall. Either that or a Dwarvish treasure map. If it’s the latter you’ll need to hold the card up to the sky at the next full moon. This will reveal the treasures location. Can I offer to join the expedition to retrieve it? I’ve got a beard and an axe.

kayak23

Do you have any friends who lack the ability to read or write?
    Could be a card from them.

maccruiskeen

verses

Do you have any friends who lack the ability to read or write?

But… how… did… they… write… the… envelope…

I think I’d be happier if the envelope had been written using cut out letters from the newspaper… At least that way I’d know it was a threat…

johnx2
    Free Member

No need for conspiracy theories. It’s probably part of a rich strand of art, whereby the artist creates space for the viewer, listener, or in this case recipient of correspondence to create their own meanings, and be attentive to context…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN2zcLBr_VM[/video]

(Posted from behind the bushes in your back garden.)

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Weird post!’ is closed to new replies.