Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Weird one – strange graffiti symbol?
  • lamp
    Free Member

A local cult that leads it’s follows to the coven by means of symbols?

tillydog
    Free Member

I’d love to know what this graffiti symbol is all an
    about.

Some sort of resistance movement?

tillydog
    Free Member

I’d love to know what this graffiti symbol is all an
    about.

sirromj

Does it have the letters d a n n y preceding it and/or have you had any lapses of memory recently for which you cannot account your actions?

MoreCashThanDash

Does it have the letters d a n n y preceding it and/or have you had any lapses of memory recently for which you cannot account your actions?

Nicely done

Drac

DannyH it would take seconds to take a picture and about a minute and upload then post on here, a poor description is not going to get an answer as easy.

RichBowman

@tillydog – lol. Deserves more appreciation!

lamp
    Free Member

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/weird-one-strange-graffiti-symbol/page/2/#post-11898568

The last couple of minutes of the bitcoin chart! 😉

dannyh
    Free Member

Or perhaps as an alternative deal with your paranoia that half the British population are Nazis?

Some of what you post Danny is the mirror image of trumpian conspiracy stuff.

Or that a significant lurch to the right of the political mood – signalled by the EU Referendum result and subsequently reinforced by Johnson’s 80 seat GE victory – has emboldened a few proper far right shits to be a bit more overt? Remember the ‘Go Home Polish Vermin’ signs, for example?

Some of what you post, ernie, suggests that you may not be all that concerned about a ‘Britain for the British’ agenda so long as it suits your wider political agenda.

kerley
    Free Member

I went out and got a quick photo of it for you as you can’t seem to be arsed.

dannyh
    Free Member

I went out and got a quick photo of it for you as you can’t seem to be arsed.

😄

BTW – it isn’t that I “can’t be arsed” – it is that the STW forum is seemingly impossible to post anything to other than straight links. Photos I have taken myself seem to need some sort of flickr account and the ‘post image’ function is too difficult to fathom*.

*It probably isn’t, but posting stuff on STW isn’t a life and death matter for me – unlike some people**.

**Although, admittedly, on a thread I had started myself about a visual symbol, it might have been better if I had tried. 🙂

FYI – that is exactly what the symbol looks like – although you have infringed the artist’s copyright as it ain’t me doing it. 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

Move 1

CountZero

And, frankly, this forum is shithouse when it comes to uploading anything other than YouTube links.

But other than those things…. yeah you’re absolutely entitled to be a smart arse 🙄

By deliberately going out of your way to be obtuse, asking for help in identifying something then getting snippy when people point out that a photo would help, and then going all QAnon and suggesting murky right-wing significance is leaving yourself open to piss-taking, quite honestly.
    It’s a very human thing to see patterns in inanimate things, it even has a name, and one of my favourite writers used it as the underlying concept for a book, but reading significance and malign intent in a random tag says more about you than it does about the tag.

BTW – it isn’t that I “can’t be arsed” – it is that the STW forum is seemingly impossible to post anything to other than straight links. Photos I have taken myself seem to need some sort of flickr account and the ‘post image’ function is too difficult to fathom*.

Are you new here? FWIW, posting photos on any forum requires the photo to be uploaded to a photo hosting site, STW is not unique in that requirement, and again you’re being obtuse, using excuses to make things difficult for everyone else then criticising them.
    Flickr is very difficult to use, which is why there are alternatives that actually work, asking nicely will get you information that will allow you to post photos.
    I could tell you which one I use, but I can’t be arsed.

dannyh
    Free Member

I could tell you which one I use, but I can’t be arsed.

Well that makes two of us so…. thread over. 🤷‍♂️

ads678

Upload photo to postimages.org, you don’t need an account. click hotlinks for forums and paste directly into the text box on here.

It really is simple.

dyna-ti

posting photos on any forum requires the photo to be uploaded to a photo hosting site, STW is not unique in that requirement

Er… maybe it is. Im on 5 forums and all except this one allow posting of images direct from your own computer.

Actually I was just thinking today that this forum is rather old hat, compared to others that are more modern.

Retrobike has recently updated to new forum software, and it allows direct uploads of images, as did the last forum host, with was pretty old even by RB standards. Could in fact call it retro forum hosting 😆

Cougar

@tillydog – lol. Deserves more appreciation!

Agreed, that was very good.

Remember the ‘Go Home Polish Vermin’ signs, for example?

I now have some very shiny rats.

Cougar

It’s not difficult, rather it’s not possible as you say. The STW forum doesn’t provide the facility to upload images. You need to first upload them to any one of a hundred other photo hosting sites and then link back. If you have a URL which is [anywhere else in the world .jpg] it will almost certainly work unless they’re explicitly blocking hotlinking, and if your host barfs out bbcode it’ll probably work. Where most people fall down is, Flickr is a prick for embedding from unless you’ve got a bit of tech nous, and Google Drive is for file sharing and not a photo hosting platform but should still work on a hyperlink even if it doesn’t automatically embed inline.

Cougar

Er… maybe it is. Im on 5 forums and all except this one allow posting of images direct from your own computer.

I was once told that the decision not to host photos was deliberate rather than merely a shortcoming of the forum software. Something about swerving potential legal issues I think. But that was a very long time ago. Read into it what you may.

reeksy

Can someone start another thread to say when dannyh actually posts the symbol so i don’t have to check here?
    …Or maybe leave a secret sign somewhere?

kerley
    Free Member

Flickr is very difficult to use,

Yet I used it to post my rendition of what DannyH saw and it took all of 30 seconds. I am an IT “expert” though as have worked in an IT org for 30+ years.

sparksmcguff

Or perhaps as an alternative deal with your paranoia that half the British population are Nazis?

There’s no need to exaggerate. But given the extensive readership of the daily Seig heil and the number of right leaning Tory voters/ Brexiteers it’s safe to say there are a significant number of racist arses inhabiting the U.K. today.

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^

Which is basically where the original query ‘came from’. It is probably one or two tits doing it – even if it turns out to be a ‘tag’ or ‘hobo symbol’. I was just curious is all…

But not as curious as everyone on here has got just because I’m too inept/lazy to post a piccy on here.

Here’s an idea. If I remember and if I can upload it, I’ll take a piccy of one location to satisfy everyone’s curiosity. I’ll be passing by on my regular Saturday morning route.

🙂

Superficial
    Free Member

!remindme two days

Just kidding, the forum doesn’t have that function. Also, I don’t care.

dannyh
    Free Member

Also, I don’t care.

I’m not sure I’m all that bothered after all this….🙄

CountZero

I’ve just spent a couple of hours looking for the rat’s ass I couldn’t give…

maccruiskeen

I’ve just spent a couple of hours looking for the rat’s ass

Have you checked in Badlywireddog’s attic?

dannyh
    Free Member

Right. Attempt #1.

symbol 1

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^^

And there it is. ****ing impossible.

Please close this thread. Please.

🙏

donald
    Free Member

maccruiskeen

And there it is. ****ing impossible.

You’re close but no cigar – you’ve used the right kind of image host but maybe the wrong choice of link – rom the ‘share’ symbol you get a bunch of link options – choose anything that is a straight forward URL without any <clutter in tags> airing it and that ends in .jpg – copy and paste that straight into the text box of your post – if its going to work it’ll show up as an image for you there in the the text box before you post – if it doesnt click the little ‘picture’ symbol image above the text box (the one furthest on the right) and try pasting it there – again if it works it’ll appear in the text box before your post.

You can do it – we believe in you!

twistedpencil

Well considering its location next to the NF symbol I think you have something. I’ve seen them about as well, not far from swastikas…  I go back and deface the swastikas and turn them into hearts.  That reminds me to go and get some new cans.

Seeing this shit turn up again is soul destroying, we really have bollocksed up as a country for this to rear its head. I know we won’t ever rid ourselves of racist scum but they should at least live in fear of being outed as racists and keep it to themselves.

dannyh
    Free Member

symbol #1

symbol #2

symbol #3

I suppose the irony now would be that it is a tag of an anti-tech, Luddite group…😊

dannyh
    Free Member

I know we won’t ever rid ourselves of racist scum but they should at least live in fear of being outed as racists and keep it to themselves.

Well, that’s what happens when it is tacitly legitimised by people that ought to know better.

The other place I have seen it is on the reverse of a village name sign, at least 5-6 miles away. Same person? Probably not. If not, it is something that is known to more than one individual. If far-right, then not good.

DrJ

Groan :-(. ‘Aven’t you got an ohm to go to?

sirromj

Groan :-(. ‘Aven’t you got an ohm to go to?

Aha an electronics joke no wonder I didn’t get it! Maybe Stuart Lee could make a joke about zig zag lines, spray cans, surface resistance and social disobedience but not me.

dannyh
    Free Member

Well considering its location next to the NF symbol I think you have something. I’ve seen them about as well, not far from swastikas…

It’s ok, though, because you must be mistaken too.

Ernielynch, our resident expert on every bleeding thing under the sun, says it is just paranoia and the mirror image of Trumpian conspiracy whatnots…

🙄

👌🍆💦🤦‍♂️

ernielynch

Yeah it’s obviously some sort of elaborate Nazi conspiracy. Probably secret assembly points or sumfink.

Have you reported it to the police? I’m sure they’ll be interested.

dannyh
    Free Member

CountZero

It’s not exactly ’next’ to a clearly old NF tag, it’s several feet away on a gatepost, both on the front and top, which, to me, suggests it’s a marker intended as a waymark or a guide for navigating a route, maybe for a cross-country team. Many such teams have the word ‘Harriers’ included in their name, so a modified ’H’would make sense. If it was anything to do with a Nazi/Fascist group, I’d expect to see ‘18’, as in Combat 18, those being the first and eighth letters in the alphabet, and Adolph’s initials.
    But perhaps that’s too obvious…
    … for some, anyway.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Weird one – strange graffiti symbol?’ is closed to new replies.