Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Weird one – strange graffiti symbol?
  • Premier Icon dannyh

I don’t know if I’m reading anything into it, but I’ve noticed several examples of the same symbol being graffiti’d onto things in my area. It is like a single capital ‘H’ with the horizontal line extended a bit too far either end.

Sinister far-right symbol with ‘H’ being you know who?

Nod to the increasingly ridiculous Call of Duty?

Random local scrote called Horace?

I’ve seen it three or four times now and it one of those weird ones where when you have noticed it once, you keep seeing it. Any ideas?

Premier Icon cb200
    Free Member

Marking properties with dogs to steal 100%

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Basic graffiti tag/signature from a newbie?

Premier Icon cb200
    Free Member

Actually no idea. There’s a lot of pisstaking ATM about paranoid dog owners viewing any sign/cabletie/peanut/cuddly toy outside their property as code.

Premier Icon gwaelod
    Free Member

Helipads?

Premier Icon tomhoward

Random local scrote called Horace?

Seen any blokes on bikes too small for them recently?

Premier Icon dannyh

Marking properties with dogs to steal 100%

One site is the back of a road sign at a junction in the middle of nowhere.

Another is a gate on a byway/footpath, again in the middle of nowhere. In this instance the ‘H’ (if this is what it is) is duplicated on two sides of the post. It is also next to a sign that has the old ‘NF’ logo graffiti’d onto it.

These are what make me have a suspicion around some kind of **** neo fascist sneaky/cunning/aren’t we clever thing…

Premier Icon jambourgie
    Free Member

Random local scrote

Is the right answer. Unless, it means ‘Horse for sale’. Where the ‘Horse’ could mean Heroin, Ketamine, or indeed, a horse. HTH.

Premier Icon goldfish24

I took the liberty of image searching right wing symbols. I’m probably on a list somewhere now, but I didn’t see anything vaguely matching.
    Edit: I’m mostly posting this so that when they check me out I’ve got my story straight.

Premier Icon CountZero

It’s just a tag that’s appearing in random places. It’s what taggers do. It’s really quite possible to read too much into the random actions of some individual with a paint marker or spray can.

Premier Icon kayak23

Premier Icon bruneep

RIP H

Premier Icon csb

Kind of A and H combined? Adolf Hitler springs to mind.

Premier Icon dannyh

It’s really quite possible to read too much into the random actions of some individual with a paint marker or spray can.

I hope so. It probably is. I’m just a bit more attuned to stuff like this in our ‘modern’ era of ‘there is no place whatsoever for racism in this country – unless you want to use it in a nudge-nudge manner to win a referendum or an election’.

Premier Icon RoterStern
    Free Member

I’d love to know what this graffiti symbol is all an
    about. It’s literally everywhere round here on signs, walls, trees, sheds…..

Premier Icon maccruiskeen

When I lived in Glasgow there was someone who sprayed a rubbish scrawly tag all around the area  that looked a bit bike it might be the initials ‘S.E’ but might not have been. It used to really grate on me because what the tagger lacked in finesse he made up for in quantity – it was a bad idea, it was lazily and carelessly executed and  it was everywhere I looked. He obviously lived somewhere close to where I lived – travelled in the directions I travelled and scrawled his mark everywhere he went,

Then one day he tagged my van – so I now really didn’t like him.

A while later… I was in the goods lift of an art venue I did work for -when I noticed that scratched into the stainless steel wall of the lift…. the same bloody tag. There can’t have been more than a few dozen people with access to that lift at the time- which meant this arsehole was probably part professional or social circle. I started eyeing people with suspicion – who did I know that worked there, was from my part of town, and was, despite being someone who worked in the field of art and design, aesthetically incontinent?

A while later still… I flew to Venice for short break, First morning setting out early to explore the city I look over my shoulder and the same bloody tag is in the wall of my hotel! – I’m certain it wasn’t there when we arrived.

I genuinely started to wonder whether I had some sort of split personally – a Mr Hyde character with a can of blue car paint.

…. anyway the OP is called dannyH. Just sayin’.

Premier Icon RoterStern
    Free Member

Cook mey! Somebody has actually written a book about this graffiti! 😳
    https://hitzerot.com/wp-inhalt/uploads/2017/04/VerehrtesPhantom.jpg

It is like a single capital ‘H’ with the horizontal line extended a bit too far either end.

Without a photo you’re sort of describing any spray painted ‘H’….. although hang on a minute – that second example looks a bit like the initials ‘S.E.’ – that bastard has even tagged google.

Premier Icon TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I thought it was Donald Trump’s signature…

Premier Icon dannyh

I thought it was Donald Trump’s signature…

Isn’t that just a thumb print – with a slightly icky tinge of orange just perceivable around the edges?

Premier Icon sirromj

Without a photo you’re sort of describing any spray painted ‘H’….

Maybe that’s been taken into account, it actually extends a ‘bit’ further than those examples. So that could mean the horizontal bar is longer than the H is tall. Fun.

Premier Icon johndrummer

Premier Icon Drac

It’s a real shame no one carries a device that can take photos with them, maybe one day such a thing will be invented.

Premier Icon tthew

Our local newspaper ran a story about local residents in one part of the town being up in arms about their properties being tagged with chalk marks by criminal gangs DEFINITELY planning theft, murder, drugs networks, you name it…

Turns out it was a local running club marking out hashing routes for which they apologised in the following weeks paper. 🤣

criminal gangs DEFINITELY planning theft, murder, drugs networks, you name it…

who needs burner phones and the dark web when you’ve got a box of chalk and a knowledge of Great Depression era hobo signs.

A friend of mine went to college in Hull some time in the 1980s. He was in a small post grad department and all of the student group were from out of town. On his walk to college there was a row of boarded up houses with ‘NYEB OFF’ scrawled in chalk on them.

Taking the to be local slang he started to tell his fellow students to ‘nyeb off ‘and soon they were all telling one another to ‘nyeb off’.

Then – he passed the houses one morning – a guy was coming out of one of the newly shuttered up ones – he nailed the door shut, chalked ‘NYEB OFF’ on it – then got into a North Yorkshire Electricity Board van.

Premier Icon rhinofive

tthew
    Our local newspaper ran a story about local residents in one part of the town being up in arms about their properties being tagged with chalk marks by criminal gangs DEFINITELY planning theft, murder, drugs networks, you name it…

Turns out it was a local running club marking out hashing routes for which they apologised in the following weeks paper. 🤣

we had something similar with a Hare & Hounds route being marked by little piles of flour……..or ‘clear evidence of an ISIS Anthrax attack on the village’ as the great minds of facebook had it

Premier Icon fooman
    Free Member

El Barto

Premier Icon willard

Does it look like this:

https://www.hospitalrecords.com/

Premier Icon dannyh

It’s a real shame no one carries a device that can take photos with them, maybe one day such a thing will be invented.

Yeah, but I really couldn’t be arsed doing a full panorama view to get all the possible context in – so it would, for example, suggest it is not dog theft markings. My description of the ‘tag’ is not exactly difficult to interpret as it is just as I describe it. Other people who have obviously cracked the enigma code of linking to internet images on STW have come up with a likeness pretty easily.

And, frankly, this forum is shithouse when it comes to uploading anything other than YouTube links.

But other than those things…. yeah you’re absolutely entitled to be a smart arse 🙄

Premier Icon sirromj

Can’t you just pop out and take a photo of it please? Don’t need context just need to see it. Every picture paints a story of a thousand words – even just a photo of a capital H 😀

Premier Icon redthunder
    Free Member

picks

Premier Icon ernielynch
    Free Member

It is also next to a sign that has the old ‘NF’ logo graffiti’d onto it.

Yup, racists have gone all PC these days. Racist graffiti used to be along the lines of “**** out” and “**** go home” but now that’s considered to be outdated and too offensive.

So instead they now use much more acceptable and less offensive graffiti, such as the subtle use of the letter “H”.

Premier Icon chrisyork

It’s not a local Gang tag is it? As silly as it sounds, we have one on the way to the local town on a massive roundabout sign. GN I think it is, that’s right outside Goole so is that a Gang borderline for other scrotes to know what area they’re going into?

Anyone in a gang is a Scrote 👍

Premier Icon kayak23

Anyone in a gang is a Scrote

Anyone?

Premier Icon dannyh

Yup, racists have gone all PC these days. Racist graffiti used to be along the lines of “**** out” and “**** go home” but now that’s considered to be outdated and too offensive.

So instead they now use much more acceptable and less offensive graffiti, such as the subtle use of the letter “H”.

Amusing as it is to see responses like this dripping with “I’m so worldly wise that I can see this is so ludicrous” sarcasm….

There have been numerous examples in recent times of the far right using nudge-nudge, aren’t we clever ‘secret’ signs:

1. The dude on telly who had a far right tat that no one realised was any such thing before the program was filmed.

2. The Italian goalie with the ’88’ tat that most people didn’t realise was a far right ‘nod’.

3. The clothing brand Lonsdale taking action to make it difficult to wear whilst just showing the letters ‘NSDA’ – which is, apparently, a ‘thing’ amongst the far right.

Now much of this can be categorised as the equivalent of the bored, nerdy schoolboy who draws runes in his exercise book because he wants to appear ‘hard’ and/or ‘edgy’. But all I was wondering was if this tag I’ve seen in three or four fairly disparate locations was a known far right symbol or not. It would seem not. That’s super.

On all other matters, of course, I bow before the Mighty Ernie and his Font of Infinite Knowledge. I will not bring forth such trifles into the presence of the Oracle ever again. I have learned my lesson and recognise my position as a mere mortal.

🤐

Premier Icon ernielynch
    Free Member

aren’t we clever ‘secret’ signs

Oh yes of course racists are so secretive when it comes to graffiti. And they like to impress people with their cleverness.

Btw you forgot the KKK on a packet of Marlboro, that’s always a good one.

Premier Icon dannyh

I’m not worthy…

🤐

Premier Icon ernielynch
    Free Member

Or perhaps as an alternative deal with your paranoia that half the British population are Nazis?

Some of what you post Danny is the mirror image of trumpian conspiracy stuff.

Premier Icon ThePerfectKiss

It’s a sign I tell thee…

In the early internet days, there was ‘War chalking’, a series of chalked signs to advertise an open Wi-Fi network. Inspired by hobo symbols.

What you’ve seen is either a riff on a ‘Hobo symbol’ or maybe a secret code for dogging enthusiasts going by the location of them?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.