• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Weird new pop-ups taking over my screen – just me?
  • DrJ

Following on from the Tudor watches fun, now I get weird popups taking over my browser (Chrome) advertising diamonds and BBC3. Just me? or a new money-making enterprise from STW Towers?

JustAnotherLogin
    Free Member

Me too.

sands
    Free Member

In the last few of days I’ve had a couple of full-screen adverts – Age UK and Volvo cars – only happens when I’ve been viewing STW.

This morning, I’ve just had full-screen BBC3 advertising Zombie Apocalypse and National lottery with a background of diamonds.

I use Firefox on a large-screen desktop PC and I never had a problem with the diver / banking ads.

scotroutes

Have you tried emailing the Mods with screen shots?

Houns

I lost my “P” yesterday. I only found when I visited this site, had the stupid Tudor ad take over my screen, I couldn’t get rid of it in landscape or portrait. Eventually through opening and closing browsers I managed to get on here without it popping up, when I did my iPad crashed due to all the other crappy adverts on here

Meh

allthepies
    Free Member

You’ll only get them once every 24hrs
    They’re needed to keep the site going
    Buy a subscription you tightwad

Delete as appropriate, other reasons are available.

Cougar

We’ve flagged this up.

Mark

I got this last night too. And yes, it took me by surprise. I know how that sounds but it’s really just the nature of network delivered ads. I will kill it as soon as I find it.

Cougar

Have you considered a subscription, Mark? It’s only £1.49 a month.

scotroutes

Genuine LOLS.

Mark, I could send you a “friends” subscription if you’re a bit unsure/broke this month.

Mark

Lollers 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Weird new pop-ups taking over my screen – just me?’ is closed to new replies.