Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Weird crank BB problem…help
  • whytetrash

Fitted some new cranks+ BB (FSA Carbons) a month ago and worked perfectly. BB installed 2 spacers drive side 1 non drive same as Hope it replaced fine for 6 rides but seemed loose on Tuesdays night ride BUT LH crank is bolted tight to axle…axle itself slides 1.5 mm either way in BB! BB is tight and bearings aint moving…hows this happened and hows it fixed?

Installing an extra spacer on the non drive side makes the cranks too tight in the BB ie lots of resistance to pedalling…I know i can shave a spacer down the correct amount by trial and error method but puzzled why/how its happened…anybody else experienced this?

whytetrash

and bump!

Skyliner
    Free Member

Does your model have a crank bolt and pinch bolt set up on the FSA's?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Hope BBs are NOT compatible with FSA cranks

Skyliner
    Free Member

OP not using Hope and FSA.

whytetrash

RR correct new FSA cranks won't even fit into old Hope BB, unlike older ones which did.

New wtee replacements being used with FSA BB …like I said perfect for half a dozen rides…no pinch bolts just an 8mm allen bolt directly into end of axle..done up really tight too…..I'm perplexed…its like a bearings shifted inwards to give room for play (no sign of this with cups out) like I said its weird!

Skyliner
    Free Member

Have you the wave spring washer installed, also worth looking to see if your fsa crank is compat with your fsa bb. Unlike shimano, fsa have incompatabilty accross their own range.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Weird crank BB problem…help’ is closed to new replies.