Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • weird android banking/google pay problem…..
  • sadexpunk

just bought an honor 10 from here. phones great, just one issue…..

tried setting up google pay on it so i can swipe it at supermarkets etc, all went fine, had to wait for the code that they send by text, it never came, tried again, said 2 or 3 codes had been sent but i never received them. looked a bit deeper into it and it says a text had been sent to ***** ***815 (they put the asterisks in, not me). my number doesnt end in 815, so i had to bail on setting it up.

yesterday i thought id better set my banking app up on it, generate security codes etc etc, had to input a code sent by text and youve guessed it, same issue, we’ve sent a code to your number ending in 815.

ive contacted the original owner who’s also flummoxed, he did a factory reset, plus the number he used on it didnt end that way either.

i can only think that somehow, this number is maybe tied to my google account then, but i had banking/google pay set up fine using this account on my last phone, plus, i cant see any number tied to my google account anyway.

the phone is dual sim, with no sim in the other slot.

any ideas oh great stw minds?

thanks

onewheelgood

What about the number that your bank have for you?

sadexpunk

hmmmm…………good point, altho that shouldnt have changed. this has only been an issue since changing phone, but ill check it when i get home.

thanks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sadexpunk

bingo! they had my real number down as a home no and this *******815 number as my mobile no for some reason. never been a problem before but all sorted now.

thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘weird android banking/google pay problem…..’ is closed to new replies.