Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Weightlifting ands wasps – they dont mix well at all!!
  • organic355
    Free Member

So there I was minding my own business, just upped the weights on my bar by 10kg, struggling on 3rd set rep 8, 2 reps to go, final push, grit my teeth, arms wobbling, red face, take the strain…….and a wasp appears like a gunship on the horizon, level with my eyes coming right for me!

Screamed like a girl, bar got bailed over my head, big hole in concrete garage floor (it missed the rubber mats).

Wasp was then set about with a rolled up newspaper, stunned it and finished it off with a good dose of WD40 and muc-off bike spray.

little buggers wont mess with me in my man cave again!!!

wwaswas

little buggers wont mess with me in my man cave again

well that one certainly won’t.

pin it to the door as a heads-up to the others with a very, very small sign underneath ‘warning – armed response’

scaredypants

I think you may be missing the point with all this atavism, “weight-lifting in my mancave” stuff, princess 😉

organic355
    Free Member

I had to look up the word atavism, and still dont understand the above post.

Cougar

He’s suggesting that whilst in your head you’re beating your chest going “I ARE MAN RAWR!!” the reality of the fact is that you’re a big girl’s blouse.

I think.

organic355
    Free Member

true dat

boxfish
    Free Member

In summary then

So there I was struggling…grit my teeth, arms wobbling, red face, take the strain…….Screamed like a girl, my big hole was then set about, finished off with a good dose of muc.

Solo
    Free Member

The only good wasp ?.

Is a dead wasp.
    👿

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Try Hornets every bloody year.
    Even a can of very strong wasp killer takes 5mins or so to disable fully a hornet after having covered it till it was pure white stuff.

molgrips
    Free Member

Thread title of the year 🙂

Ewan
    Free Member

Try Hornets every bloody year.
    Even a can of very strong wasp killer takes 5mins or so to disable fully a hornet after having covered it till it was pure white stuff.

Can I recommend a flip flop which takes 0.01 seconds, but does require not being a big girl 😉

I’ve been stung by a hornet and it didn’t hurt *that* much.

samuri
    Free Member

Mtfu I think. Wasp stings don’t hurt that much.

molgrips
    Free Member

They vary imo. When I’ve been stung out riding or even outside doing something active it’s been a nasty pinprick, nothing more. When I’ve been stung (admittedly on the head) whilst not doing much it’s hurt like hell and swollen up for days.

tazzymtb

the head whilst not doing much it’s hurt like hell and swollen up for days.

priapism? 😀

althepal

Lol at Tazzy. Ouch tho!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Weightlifting ands wasps – they dont mix well at all!!’ is closed to new replies.