Weight Weenie content: recommend me a 100mm XC Fork …

Home Forum Bike Forum Weight Weenie content: recommend me a 100mm XC Fork …

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Weight Weenie content: recommend me a 100mm XC Fork …
  • Premier Icon grtdkad
    Subscriber

My Whyte 19 is hovering around 22lbs at the mo – and I am looking to update my current 80mm Manitou Skareb Super forks. Any recommendations for a light weight 100mm XC fork please?

The Skareb (which will transfer onto another frame build) is around 1.5kgs, so looking for the same (or lighter!!) 🙄

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

DT XRC100 Race Ltd if you want light over everything.

SID World Cup if you want more stiffness

ti_pin_man

Magura durin sl

pinches

SIDs for sure.

Dan67

I 3rd the sid’s. Mine are awsome light and stiff enough for xc

GregMay

SID’s!

Love mine only 80mm too

cullen-bay

Sids, i love my 2010 team’s.

Premier Icon grtdkad
    Subscriber

Used to own a 2004/05? SID Team which was fab, so happy with reverting to RShx. Just wondered how the Maguras and DTs compare and I guess £s per lb on the SID when comparing spec of World Cup v Team v Race ?

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

DTs are still only 28mm stantions, so rather flexy. Need quite a lot of TLC to stay working properly! Magura’s get good reviews, but struggle horrendously in mud, the twin arches clog horrendously.

SIDs are the heaviest, but just work!

mtbmatt

I really like the Magura Durin forks, although not ridden the SL, which has higher compression damping as standard.

No issues with mud clogging, the arches are really slim. Don’t see that as an issue really.

To me it would come down to cost as I know the SID is a good fork as well, but I prefered the Magura.

Premier Icon Alejandro
    Subscriber

NOT Sids as they twist on a daily basis (mine have twisted once so far and I have had to send them back for new lowers, but they look to have twisted again now 🙁 ) Also a friend’s dad is sending his (few months old) SID World Cups back as they have now twisted… Everyone he knows has had the same problem. They simply have a design flaw and aren’t fit for their purpose. Much better off with Durins or DT Swiss. Though expensive, at least they are made properly.

lovewookie

Cannondale Lefty carbon for lightweight and stiff. (about 1250g)

Not cheap though.

Cost no objective then a Lefty as mentioned above.

Best weight/price ratio has to be the older Reba Race which come in at around 1600grams and can be had for about 300 quid

Premier Icon grtdkad
    Subscriber

Thanks all. While I like the Lefty, I can’t imagine faffing about changing the hubs on my Crossmaxs.
    And my personal doubts that half my front end is missing!

mrlebowski

My WC SIDS are fine – lovely action, yes a little flexy but hey it’s an xc fork. As for twisting? Not yet & I’m a little curious to hear how some ave twisted.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

There was a problem with the casting on early 32mm SIDs that lead to the ‘twisted’ lowers, that’s been sorted. It’s certainly not as endemic as suggested above!

andrewh

DT XRC100 Race Ltd if you want light over everything

Wrong.

DT XCR100 Race Ltd = 1,257g

German A Kilo No.1+ = 1,098g

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Weight Weenie content: recommend me a 100mm XC Fork …’ is closed to new replies.