Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Weight Watchers…….anyone tried it?
  • dogbert
    Free Member

Chubbiness is my enemy 👿

So today on that there Groupon, there is an offer for Online Weight Watchers, 3 months, 18 quid. Just wondering if anyone had tried it with any success?

I know, go out on bike, eat less and all that, but I’m one of those people that needs a regiment to stick to

leffeboy

Never tried it myself but I have two friends who have tried it with great success, one amazingly so. If you’ve tried other things and they haven’t worked then why not

xcgb
    Free Member

Worked for my missus its partly the peer pressure of being weighed (and paying for the privilege) every week that helps!

Tracey

Worked for me, started about this time last year, went from 11 1/2 stone to 9 1/2 stone and lost 3 dress sizes. Treated my self to a new bike last summer when I hit the 10 stone mark

zilog6128

I see no reason why it won’t work as the principle is sound. Maybe a bit unnecessary to pay someone to tell you to eat less but as said above the “peer pressure” almost certainly helps! The most important thing IMO though is to make a lifestyle change so you continue to eat healthily afterwards (presumably you aren’t going to go to WW indefinitely!) and don’t put the weight back on later.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

As Silog6128 says! I know lots of women who have used it successfully but only for short periods of time, they stop going and pile the weight back on. you NEED to change your lifestyle and attitude to food otherwise you’ll spend all your name shaming yourself into losing weight as when you get on those scales and they tell you you’re a fattie you feel like you need to do something about it.

Just plan you meals at the start of the week, don’t deny anything you want but in SMALL quantities only. Ie if you fancy chocolate have a small piece of dark chocolate to satiate that sweet sugary craving, don’t eat a tobelerone.

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

My sister and BIL have both down it, starting around 2 years ago. It kick started them to change their lives. Tought my BIL to start thinking about what he was shoving into his mouth, being a strict counting system it meant he could focus on counting rather than eating (if that makes sense).

He lost about 5 stone, and has changed his life – now runs, swims 2k 3 times a week, mountain boards EVERYWHERE. Now stable, eats anything, but is aware what he is eating so knows better how to control it.

Sister did it with him and lost a tone too, she ended up the smallest she’s been since she was 14 (and shes now double that age with 2 kids).

Being locked into a system worked for both of them as they had to apply a system to things (both logical people) – it also helped that their kids became WW Nazi’s and despite being 4 and 6 would tell them off for eating things that were high in ‘points’.

Saying that, counting calories on a restricted calorie diet would have had the same result I guess

zilog6128

Being locked into a system worked for both of them as they had to apply a system to things

There is a lot to be said for this psychologically IMO. I found just “eating better” impossible to stick to, it just didn’t work for me. However I found the iDiet extremely easy to stick to because it was very clear with what you could or could not eat. After a few months of that my eating patterns had changed and I found I could be much less strict but had the willpower to eat sensibly. YMMV.

trevh
    Free Member

Did it a few years ago lost 2stone in 4 months I think it’s brilliant re visit on occasions when I need a boost easy to follow and if you exercise as well it will drop off

takisawa2

Yes. Lost 2 stone year or two back. Points system really worked for me but W.W cancelled the group. 🙁
    MFP works ok, but having the regular get together was what spurred me on.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Weight Watchers…….anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.