Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Weight of Pro II with Stans Flow Rims
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

Does anyone run this combination and do you have any idea of the built weight?

I am trying to shed a little weight from my previous XT 776’s and have pretty much decided that this is the combo I am going for, but would just like some idea of weight before I commit to buy?

As I don’t want to end up with a heavier wheelset.

Cheers

awh
    Free Member

The weights of Hope Hoops are on their website, under Products/Wheels/Hoop type/Specification I seam to remember.

JamesD
    Free Member
    ltheisinger
    Free Member

awh – Member

The weights of Hope Hoops are on their website, under Products/Wheels/Hoop type/Specification I seam to remember.

SPOT ON! Thanks buddy!

Clobber
    Free Member

Sam on here (Singular Cycles) is building some at the moment, ask him the weight, they are 36 spoked jobbies though.

nuke

FWIW I weighed a set on my digital scales when I received them …

Hope Pro2 with Flow Front (20mm Adapter): 863g
    Hope Pro2 with Flow Rear: 997g
    (1874g Both)

…so came in a little under the stated weight

MicArms

just a quickie, what are the flows rated as? XC, AM?

mrplow
    Free Member

Sadly I can post 861g 20mm adapted front and 965g qr rear for 32 spoke hope hopes with yellow tape but no valve.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

AM/FR

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies – seems like I’ll save about 200-225g? That’ll do!

nuke

AM/FR

…this is true but does them a slight injustice IMO as their weight is relatively similar to standard trail rims like the Mavic 719 (Flows are only 10g more) so don’t think of them as just heavy duty rims when they are light enough for all day trail riding.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

719’s weight is quoted without eyelets. The flow actually comes out lighter by about 40g per rim.

nuke

Even better!

…although, and this is getting a bit sad, I do happen to also have weighed a Hope Pro2 on 719 and it came in at 866g with QR adapters

From another thread, Stanley’s are selling them off for £235 a set
    http://www.stanleyfearns.co.uk/sale.html

GaryBanham
    Free Member

All I can say is my wheels of this exact combo get delivered this week, red hubs white rims ha ha now why did I do that!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Weight of Pro II with Stans Flow Rims’ is closed to new replies.