Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • weight loss/healthy snacking advice/suggestions pls?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

please help, got a weakness for value digestives but am shocked to see they are about 80kcal each so they gotta’ go!

diets really dull at present, and the booze has gone, i avoid fruit, can anyone suggest cheap, comforting, diet (idave or whatever) freidly snacks?

IHN

Honest answer? MTFU and don’t snack. Eat at mealtimes.

Snacking (I find/found) is more to do with habit than appetite. It’s tricky to break the habit but, once you’ve done it, you don’t miss it.

weeksy

cake…. and cycle more 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

Gave.

You’re beyond help. You’ll be telling us you eat bacon, next.

Here, just be happy.

😀

EDIT:
    but am shocked to see they are about 80kcal each

Really ?….

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

nuts,dried fruit,oatcakes

Solo
    Free Member

nuts,dried fruit,oatcakes

Oh yeah ?, hows that then ?.

I thought that protein was known to slow peristalsis and so keep food in the stomach and small intestine for longer. Thus slowing the onset of the empty stomach signal via Ghrelin release.
    😯

I need to get out more.

Honestly? MTFU and don’t snack. Eat at mealtimes.

I do the opposite – I don’t have mealtimes. I eat little and often all through the day as and when, although this may coincide with breakfast, lunch etc. I never stuff myself and I’m never hungry.

As for the op – a handful of nuts or seeds won’t do you much harm, as long as you aren’t constantly at it between big meals.

Personally a typical day for me might go something like this…

6am get up – coffee
    Sometimes a bowl of Alpen
    9’ish – chicken breast quarter with skin off, at which time I’ll buy a salad box consisting of:
    Some mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, chopped peppers, greek salad (cous cous, feta, olives etc.), 3 bean salad and sometimes an egg.
    This will just be munched on throughout the day when peckish.
    I’ll have some fruit at some point and maybe a bag of low fat crisps, or rice crackers.
    Don’t have a meal at night, but may finish the salad box at ‘tea time’, or maybe have a bit of fish based something or other.

Lost 2 stone and sat at 11.5st (6′) – still drinking alcohol too

Travis

It is difficult, this one works for me.

Do I feel hungry?
    Yes?
    Could I eat (insert huge bowl of favourite food here)?

Yes, eat above?
    No? Wait till you want to eat above.

I also find, doing something, which uses my hands/mind a lot to take me away from food.

Good luck.

Solo
    Free Member

You know what we need here !.

tonyd

Timely thread – I was just in the middle of eating 3 Ryvita crackerbreads with a bit of marmite smeared on them when I saw it.

I’d ummed and aahed for 10 mins or so wondering if I was really hungry or just wanted some chocolate/beer/a cigarette. Decided I was peckish, now I’m not!

Just looked on the packet and each crackerbread thing contains 19kcal. Not really looked at that before.

Edit: I’m still a fat b@stard though 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

I was just in the middle of eating 3 Ryvita crackerbreads

Yeah ?, but you’ll be released early for good behaviour, soon……

I mean, you wouldn’t do that to yourself, voluntarily.
    😯

honeybadgerx

I’ve found plain oatcakes and a cup of tea to be pretty good, also the odd boiled egg.

emma82
    Free Member

Nuts/seeds/cottage cheese&rivita, cherry tomatoes, packs of chicken……. you can snack on anything you like as long as its not processed food or full of bad fats.

tonyd

I mean, you wouldn’t do that to yourself, voluntarily.

They’re surprisingly OK actually. I’ve only started on them recently as my preferred snack would be a snickers 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m with IHN here. You don’t “need” to snack. I currently doing the 5:2 and the weight has been falling off. Knowing I can manage a fast day means not snacking on a feast day is also perfectly doable.

Solo
    Free Member

as my preferred snack would be a snickers

Ok, well, its a start,

😐

Solo
    Free Member

I’m with IHN here.

Meh !.

I have given up eating altogether.

johndoh
    Free Member

So Percy Pigs are a no no then? Not only are they full of calories but the bacon will make me die of bad cancer?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Every time you want a biscuit, masturbate. That should distract you from any hunger pangs.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

and its healthy areobic exercize ,win win

tonyd

Masturbating doesn’t go down well in the office.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

no but the secretary does !!!!!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘weight loss/healthy snacking advice/suggestions pls?’ is closed to new replies.