Weight loss ideas – Bread content

• This topic has 24 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by  paton.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Weight loss ideas – Bread content
  • Boba Fatt

I’m looking for ideas of other foods that I can have to replace bread. Little did I know that rice cakes are supposed to be just as bad as a couple of slice of bread…….who knew? (not me it would seem)

So in the spirit of a Calorie In/Calorie Out dies, what other suggestions have folks tried?

Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

it turns out that a packet of haribo is not a healthy substitute for a galaxy caramel.

Damn these macros

IHN

Why do you want to replace bread?

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

So in the spirit of a Calorie In/Calorie Out dies, what other suggestions have folks tried?

eating half a slice of bread.. 😉

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Reducing the amount you eat? Moving more?

rene59

If it’s for sandwich purposes you can use lettuce as a wrap.

Premier Icon Yak
    Subscriber

Rye bread. Denser so you eat less.

Just had a salad with melted cheese on rye bread and a boiled egg. Spot on. A couple of bits of fruit now and a cake, and i’m good.

How about changing the bread?  I had to lose some pounds so switched from white to granary bread.  Just as many carbs but the wholewheat flour and seeds mean it’s harder to digest so keeps you feeling full longer.  Probably the same idea as yak’s rye bread. Also, I  make my own bread (well the machine makes it, I just throw the ingredients in) so I’m pretty sure I know what I’m eating.

Another thing I did was start reading the nutri content labels on food which led to stopping pretty much all breakfast cereals.  Now I make up a mix of porridge oats, some other grain (spelt flakes just now) and whey protein in semi skimmed milk with some berries and/or cherries chucked in and left in the fridge overnight.  Tasty and filling

Premier Icon sandwicheater
    Subscriber

Raw chicken, will easily act as a bread substitute and, I can guarantee you will loose weight.

Premier Icon burko73
    Subscriber

Oat cakes. Nice with cheese and pickle, tuna mayo, boiled egg and ham etc. Good for reducing luncht8me bread consumption and very filling.

trail_rat

oat cakes for their size are rather calorie dense – that why they are filling

slice of white bread 92cal. an oatcake is 42.

DT78

I swapped out bread a few years back (amongst other stuff).

Breakfast was 3 egg omlettle, lunch was often salad/beans, snacks were oatcakes.

I dropped 6kg without really trying, doing the same level of exercise and not feeling hungry etc..

Sadly I’ve found out oats don’t really agree with me, and now with 2 kids to sort in the morning I don’t have time for anything than a couple of slices of toast.  I’ve put those 6kg back on 🙁

Haze

Crackerbread, 19 kcal a ‘slice’

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Invisibread, very low calorie but really hard to find.

hols2

Raw chicken, will easily act as a bread substitute and, I can guarantee you will loose weight

I’d still take it over bat soup.

Premier Icon oikeith
    Subscriber

I’m looking for ideas of other foods that I can have to replace bread

why? I lost 2 stone eating more bread a few years back!

How about changing the bread?  I had to lose some pounds so switched from white to granary bread

This is what I did, dropped white for Granary, but also looked at the other meals and ensured I was eating correct portion sizes, did it via MyFitnessPal, was shocked at how much larger my evening meal portions were than the recommend portion size!

rene59

I’d still take it over bat soup.

I was looking forward to dinner later but I’ve now lost my appetite. Perhaps bat soup is good for weight loss afterall.

andypaul99

Being that we have bern eating bread for over 30,000 years but the obiesity crisis really has gained ground in the past 10-15 years ld say the bread isnt the issue, more likely what is inbetween it!

Pumpernickel-type bread is supposed to be better for slower energy release.

Anything is better than rice cakes though.

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

What’s this about rice cakes? I wasn’t aware that they were as bad as bread. Can you say more about this?

blader1611

Not sure who does PR for bread but they need to up there game. So many people out there who seem to think that bread is the answer to there weight gain. I heard a group of secretaries saying they had given up bacon sarnies for breakfast at weekends due to piling on the pounds, they now just have a fry up with no toast! I kid you not.

Robz

Neither rice cakes or bread are “bad”.

Carbs are not “bad”.

Fact.

Any “diet”that needlessly prohibits or excludes entire food groups and or macros is completely unnecessary and more often than not unsustainable

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Weight loss ideas – Bread content’ is closed to new replies.