Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Weight Fluctuation
  • mboy
    Free Member

What’s normal as such?

I’m not worried, but I’ve been weighing myself recently, when I go to the gym which I’m doing 3 times a week now. Always same time of day, always before dinner, always wearing same amount of clothing, always on the same scales (to remove as many variables as possible).

It’s just you hear all these (MUCH bigger than me) people saying about how they lost 2 pounds this week, or only 1 pound last week etc. I’m reasonably fit and healthy, have started to eat a bit better of late, not much fat on me etc, but my weight has been fluctuating by as much as 5lb in a week. Last Friday night I was 11st 8lb, tonight I was 11st 13lb!

Is that normal? 😕

EDIT: Oh, and the week before, I was 11st 12lb, week before that 11st 10lb

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think a few lb here or there is pretty normal depending on a number of factors. If you start counting the fluctuation in terms of stones, then start worrying. 🙂

catfood
    Free Member

Weight can vary quite a bit depending on hydration etc, Ive been to the pub and come back a stone heavier before now.

bwaarp
    Free Member

If you hadn’t taken a shit and were more hydrated the 2nd time round, that would account for this.

For me the scariest one was this semester, I’d always found putting on weight and muscle mass hard. Been sat on my arse a lot doing my laboratory dissertation but have been doing a fair bit of weights, I put 16 pounds on in 10 weeks.

Not to much of it was fat either. Don’t know what the hell has changed with my metabolism.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I can lose over a kilo one week and put a kilo the next week with same eating habits and exercise. Overall though if I watch what I eat the overall trend is downwards about 0.5lb per week. I suggest you graph your weight. You’ll probably find it varies around an average.

tinribz
    Free Member

Had a similar experience recently till I discovered the Wii fit doesn’t work too well on a rug.

mboy
    Free Member

Weight can vary quite a bit depending on hydration etc, Ive been to the pub and come back a stone heavier before now.

30 Pints of beer without a piss!!! 😯

If you hadn’t taken a shit and were more hydrated the 2nd time round, that would account for this.

Don’t know that I was noticably more hydrated, took a big dump before the gym today though too…

I can lose over a kilo one week and put a kilo the next week with same eating habits and exercise. Overall though if I watch what I eat the overall trend is downwards about 0.5lb per week. I suggest you graph your weight. You’ll probably find it varies around an average.

Oh yeah totally agree. I’m just quite shocked it would vary this much without any real changes to my lifestyle otherwise…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Weight Fluctuation’ is closed to new replies.