Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • weeride with a low stack headset
  • alfabus
    Free Member

Anyone got a weeride on a bike with barely anything proud of the toptube?

From the pics on their website, it looks like it clamps around the top of the headtube, or at worst around the headset cup.

My blur TRc’s headtube is level with the toptube, and has an inset headset cup, so I can’t imagine what it is going to clamp to.

Anyone know better?

Dave

riddoch

The front clamp has a plastic insert the has a top ridge that you can wedge under a expansion of the top tube. I got it to work on a GT avalanche that had very minimal metal from the top tube to the headset. I think the instructions give a minimum. If its any use I can take a couple of picture of it on my current frame.

riddoch

I’ve found a pic of the same frame I had before. My problem was the gusset and the angle

alfabus
    Free Member

The front clamp has a plastic insert the has a top ridge that you can wedge under a expansion of the top tube

Not quite sure what you mean by this… what is it clamping around?

riddoch

On the GT the clamp wasn’t properly perpendicular to the headtube but because the headtube flared out for the integrated bearings it was secure.

timmys

It only needs about 3-4mm above the top of the top tube

Been fine on this;

and this

v666ern
    Free Member

http://www.weeride.com/Testimonials

bout half way down the page – Mommy Living the Life of Riley
    thats the plastic widget bit thats clamps over the headset. I’ve got naff all showing above my headset too, i just clamp it around the headtube as much as i can and dont go mental on it!

Dave, if you want to see how i do mine im in witcombe

OR option 2 – buy a pub bike?

h4muf
    Free Member

This is mine,only trouble is not enough steering lock now.

hot_fiat

Mine works on the fatty and the specialized crosstrail. The on-one has virtually nothing above the top tube intersection with the head tube. Still doesn’t budge. Not tried it with the alpine – might look a bit odd. I have noticed that the metal bracket does scratch the fatty’s welds a little

iain1775
    Free Member

Where you based?
    If local to me welcome to bring your bike round and try mine on it before you commit to buying one

Best bike related purchase I’ve ever made btw, given us so many fun rides over last couple of years and sad my daughter probably only has this summer left before she is too big, towing her along on her own bike on a trail gator won’t have the same interaction

passtherizla
    Free Member

Mine has worked on…

Commie meta
    Onone 456
    Cotic rocket
    Cotic bfe

Very little room on the rocket but it still works.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘weeride with a low stack headset’ is closed to new replies.