Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Weeride Cycle Seat Users?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

What bikes are you running them on / how much headtube space do you need for the bracket to attached?

Cheers
    Dave

fuzzhead
    Free Member

i had to buy some longer bolts to fit it on to my Gemini & then Prophet (1.5 Headtube).
    Currently fit mine onto my Blood.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Using one on my 2010 Blue Pig with no issues. Great seat, and Geordie junior really enjoys the view it affords him.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cheers. OK to ride with too? Read stuff about having to lower your seat because you can’t get off the bike forward etc??? Split between one of these (which I think mini-DBW would like more) vs a rear mounted one which I think may impact on my riding less?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

it is slightly trickier to dismount, but apart from that, it’s ace for me and the mini-fuzz. Older mini-fuzz loved it too until he got too big for it.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

How big was he when he got too big? Mini-DBW is 2 in October and is smallish for his age I think. Just want something he can be involved with for a bit until he gets out and about on his balance bike.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Yes, your riding style will have to adapt a bit. I find I cycle like John Wayne now because of clearance issues, but as the furthest we go is about half an hour at a time, it’s not a problem. As for getting off, again, a little more care is needed but it soon becomes second nature.

Geordie junior thinks it’s a hoot, though he likes to keep me on my toes by occasionally grabbing for the handlebars. Not what you want when cycling alongside a canal!

fuzzhead
    Free Member

big mini-fuzz started using his own bike with stabilizers at 2.5 – i think he kept riding with me as well until he was over 3. You can adjust the feet holders up and down a bit to cope with growth.
    The thing to watch out for is when they’re a bit more savvy and their arms have grown, they may like to attempt a bit of backseat driving – holding the bars, changing gear, braking etc 😉
    I can highly recommend the WeeRide.

toys19
    Free Member

Ok on a 2000 giant xtc, saddle down a bit as yes you cannot come forward. Little Toys loves to be up the front. Although having just done double rear seats on the ute, she is now very happy on the back too..

Edit:
    We have the leco seat up front on the ute which my 4 1/2 year old has been using since she was 3 1/2. Good alternative to the weeride, and she likes to steer, albeit with my “loose” grip on the bars, but she can keep it in straight line.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Oh and Geordie junior who’s just turned 2 has had a Strider balance bike that he’s been using for about 6 months now. Yes it has plastic wheels, yes it may not be as light as an Islabike or similar, but you can slam the seat which means they can start getting to grips with it at an earlier age. He’s a real whiz on it now, even though it says 3+ on the box. Like mini-DBW, Geordie junior is wee for his age, but it definitely doesn’t stop him scaring the bejesus out of his dad on a regular basis.

(And I should say, I am in no way a competitive dad, I just thought they looked too much fun to wait until he was older).

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

No, same here. Bought Noel a Scoot a while back and despite slipping the seatpost guts and hacking a cm off the seattube, he’s still too small for it…

Think I might see if I can source a weeride at short notice for next week in the Lakes then.

Cheers all!

fuzzhead
    Free Member

+1 on the Strider, just bought mini-fuzz no.2 one for his 2nd birthday. He loves it 🙂

piemann
    Free Member

DBW – you can have a shot of mine and try it out if you like.

Email in profile – based in Chortlon.

Iain

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Weeride Cycle Seat Users?’ is closed to new replies.