Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Weekly photo challenge. 4.3.13 – 10.3.13 – Water
  • Water this week. A bit too easy, so try to be creative.

The rules;
    1. Take a photo of your bike with something that matches the theme in the picture.
    2. Interpret the theme any way you like.
    3. Pictures should be taken between the dates in the topic title.
    4. If you post a picture you can either suggest a theme for next weeks challenge or vote for someone else’s suggestion. First suggestion to get two supporting votes becomes next weeks theme, probably.

fatalbert
    Free Member

A couple of photo stops on route to Delamere Forest.

davesmate
    Free Member

IMAG0020 by Daves mate, on Flickr

Coate water, Swindon. A man made lake, originally a feeder reservoir for the canal. Local beauty spot now, regularly voted “Swindon’s favourite day out”. They used to hold diving competitions here back in the 50’s, including world championships. Apparently YOU WILL DIE if you go in the water now though.

Muke
    Free Member

Piggy Dam an area in the NE corner of a village called Old Basing near Basingstoke in Hampshire. The village is probably best known for the ruins of Basing House as featured on the Ch4 TV program Time Team. The footpath follows the route of the River Loddon that flows for 45 KM from Basingstoke in a NE direction to its junction with the River Thames just west of Wargrave in Berkshire.

And an arty farty one using cameras built in polarizer

CheesybeanZ

Sheep dip

richmars

This mornings foggy commute.

Rosss
    Free Member

Easy one for me this week, Lovely little brook about 200m from my house. Shame the woods arent bigger, it’s only good for a little test ride.

GRAEMEJONES

When Sykes Pumps were made in Middlewich, this is where they were tested. Water was pumped out of the Trent and Mersey Canal ( to the right of the photo) then pumped back in again.
    [/url] sykes pump pit by santarocky, on Flickr[/img]

[/url] Untitled by santarocky, on Flickr[/img]

Sandbach Flash.

[/url] Sandbach Flash by santarocky, on Flickr[/img]

twojumpers

The long way home

Trekster

For a few yrs now I have fancied cycling along the banks of the River Nith from Dumfries via the Kingholm Quay down to Glencaple. Tried it last year but got beaten by the tide!
    Given this weeks challenge I thought I would give it another go. Lo and behold the section that beat me now has a durty great bridge over it as has another creek….

DSCN3561 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

Kingholm

DSCN3576 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

Flood line on the banks of the Nith.

DSCN3574 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

Glencaple

DSCN3571 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr
    Manys-a-time I have jumped off the Quay end on a summers night. Not the brightest thing to do unless you are a strong swimmer given the fast flowing tide 😳

DSCN3569 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

Returned via Dumfries

DSCN3582 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

Few more here inc a wee trip through my local woodland

DeeJay
    Free Member

Today’s ride was mostly misty – which fitted with the water theme quite well 😉

Water by Dee P Jay, on Flickr

Trekster

What Trek be that DPJ?

DeeJay
    Free Member

Trekster – its a Rumblefish 29er

clubber
    Free Member

Coate water, Swindon.

I used to do (rowing) regattas there. 20something years ago, mind…

Trekster

Trekster – its a Rumblefish 29er

Thought it was, just doesn’t look it in that pic. How does it ride?

downshift78
    Free Member

Cant get the bike in the shot as I’ve to sit on it to see this view over the wall. Beautiful Spring dayat Gisburn last Sunday.

DeeJay
    Free Member

How does it ride?

Makes me much better that I really am 😀 Got it early December and added wide bars (750mm) and shortened the stem to 70mm and running that inverted. The big wheels do seem to roll across stuff more easily without the stalling effect you sometimes get with a 26er – its great on the downs, really stable and quick to the point that corners arrive sooner than I’m used to! Climbing grip is good especially when stood up. I have taken it to Hamsterley a few times and it is great over the jumps and drops but fantastic on the pumpy bermed section which was a surprise. It is my bike of choice at the moment to take on a ride and as you know I have a few!

Trekster

Cheers. Waiting till next year, significant birthday treat 🙄
    Like to buy stuff once it has been on the market for a bit and any issues hopefully resolved. Something of a hangover from my days in the motor trade.
    Hope to get over your way again sometime this year.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Good man – we’re actually coming your way 23/24th March – staying in Dalbeattie 😀

ton

i can remember certain parties laughing at my 29ers…… 😉

anyway, i am sat on the bike (29r) whilst taking this pic.

07.03.13 puppy 003 by 20ston, on Flickr

DeeJay
    Free Member

i can remember certain parties laughing at my 29ers.

Moi? never 😉 – well only when Jacqui tried to get on it . . . .

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bit of a change in the weather today, so.. So beyond Mr Schmancys front wheel is the Sea, the mist was obtained just for the shot, lighting could have been better but the crew were getting a little miserable from standing for 3.453434567 seconds ( approx ) the sound engineer walked off backwards and stubbed his toe on the only bramble stump within 11 inches so there is no sound so imagine ships fog horns will you. The Director got all shirty so we had to move on quickly, he muttering something about feeling hungry having not eaten for 76 minutes and he needed a pee.

[/url] Untitled by bikebouy, on Flickr[/img]

Trekster

DeeJay – Member

Good man – we’re actually coming your way 23/24th March – staying in Dalbeattie

I am night shift that weekend but off on the Sunday.
    Fancy a “locals tour” of Mabie?

DeeJay
    Free Member

Fancy a “locals tour” of Mabie?

Sounds good – will email you 😀

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

456 by theseaandthesky, on Flickr

Lovely afternoon in Devon today…

slugwash
    Free Member
    houndlegs
    Free Member

WP_20130305 1 by valleys boy, on Flickr

Llanfoist wharf on The Mon Brecon canal.

WP_20130309 8 by valleys boy, on Flickr

WP_20130309 2 by valleys boy, on Flickr

Two from Clydach Gorge.

I had to chop the fence down first, for the last pic 😀

SilentSparky
    Free Member

houndlegs – I would of thought dipping your wheel in the water would of got the poo off of your tyres, but obviously not 😉

Kennet & Avon canal:

EDIT: Next week, churches…

houndlegs
    Free Member

Oi you leave those tyres alone, their pooiness is goddam awesum 😛

velomanic
    Free Member

Port St Mary, Isle of Man:

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Weekly photo challenge. 4.3.13 – 10.3.13 – Water’ is closed to new replies.