Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Weekly photo challenge. 28.2.11 – 6.3.11 – Trains
  • redthunder
    Free Member

For the gricer… whats does XP mean ?

XP=Express Passenger. It means the goods wagons are rated for high speed use and can be tagged on the back of an express train.
    Oh, and shouldn’t there be a bike in the picture. 😕

A quick ride in to Bewdley and back via Arley to get some pictures of the Severn Valley Railway. No trains running today.

For anyone who knows the railway line, which is now a Sustrans Route, through the Wyre Forest, this is all that remains of the bridge that used to carry it across the Severn where it joined what is now the SVR.

Goods wagons at Bewdley station. There’s some major track repairs going on at the moment, so nothing has moved here for weeks.

Level crossing North of Bewdley.

Getting a bit dark by the time I got to Victoria Bridge which carries the SVR over the River Severn.

redthunder
    Free Member

@midland

see previous post. There is a bike 😉 Thanks for the XP info, I never knew that 🙂

A suggestion for the next assignment… Boats and Ships 🙂 as per country file .

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

A few from today. The bottom two are about 5 minutes after the rest. 🙂

[/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img]

I was going to ask for suggestions for next week’s theme.
    Boats and ships sounds good to me. Is everyone else happy with that ?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Does to me 😀 easy peasy! (he says from the seaside)

Next week’s challenge here in case it drops off page one and you miss it.
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/weekly-photo-challenge-7311-13311-boats-ships

stanfree
    Free Member

A view from my office today on the Forth Brig.

Well I had 9 1/2 hours to kill stuck on a bridge.

Very rare to see a view of this plaque.

What do I win.?

rOcKeTdOg

nowt, there’s no bicycle in any of the pics, did you take your hand off the DMH to take the first one?

njee20
    Free Member

Stopped innit. Take a folding bike with you next time, can qualify then, and have sommat to do for 9.5 hours, win win!

stanfree
    Free Member

But I had cycling clips round my trousers whilst taking them . 😀

Andituk
    Free Member

Why were you stuck for so long?

stanfree
    Free Member

It was a engineering job as they were relaying new points and sleepers at Dalmeny Station so the line was closed from Friday night to Monday morning.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Weekly photo challenge. 28.2.11 – 6.3.11 – Trains’ is closed to new replies.