Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Weekly photo challenge. 21.1.13 – 27.1.13 – Art
  • Art this week.
    It’s not going to be easy to get a picture of your bike inside an art gallery, so be a bit creative with your interpretation.
    Sculpture trails, murals, old style hand painted signwriting, it’s all good. It doesn’t even have to be visual art.

Not a rule, but it would be nice if you posted a brief note to say where and what it is.

The rules;
    1. Take a photo of your bike with something that matches the theme in the picture.
    2. Interpret the theme any way you like.
    3. Pictures should be taken between the dates in the topic title.
    4. If you post a picture you can either suggest a theme for next weeks challenge or vote for someone else’s suggestion. First suggestion to get two supporting votes becomes next weeks theme, probably

Burger

Impressionist Art??

Today on a hill above Goodshaw, Lancs.

proflexforever
    Free Member

Me after riding back from the Oprah Studio…

Muke
    Free Member

Red Arrows flypast from one of Basingstoke’s many decorated underpasses.

My suggestion for next week is ” Outside your LBS ”

Kato

My SS posing on one of the wooden insects at Leybourne Lakes

Singlespeed grasshopper! by The Kato, on Flickr

Trekster
    speckledbob
    Free Member

A couple from some local fellas.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Having been laid up off the bike with a bad back for two weeks I decided to bite the bullet & ride through the pain barrier to take part in this weeks competition.

Thanks to Graham for starting this again & inspiring people to get out there on their bikes.

Anyway I didn’t go far incase I had to get off & push back home so here is my effort which is part of the Callington Town mural trail a nice thing for a small town.

Shame some scrote has defaced it 😐

trying to line up my hoss in the mural

I agree with ‘your LBS’ for next weeks theme 🙂

GRAEMEJONES

Signwritten ice-breaker barge on the Trent and Mersey Canal at Elworth near Sandbach.

Well at least there is a proper painting in this one 😳

And well off topic but spotted this on the way home,bridge parapet 1-Passat 0 😯

Another suggestion for a topic next week, Tudor/Elizabethan / thatched buildings .

slugwash
    Free Member
    Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Ooooh, may have to alter tomorrow’s plans (a wee bit) to get a photo to suit now 😉

yunki
    Free Member

I went to great lengths this morning to get a pic for this week.. I even sacked off the gym and dug out my old bicycle from the back of the shed Les.. 😉

Unfortunately.. I don’t have time to sort out the photo’s til tomorra as I’m off to a big fat birthday rave-up

😀

OCB
    Free Member

Dartington Hall Estate:

Henry Moore.
    Memorial Figure 1945-46 (LH 262).

Peter Randall-Page.
    Jacob’s Pillow (from 2005).

This is such a fantastic garden … and the ground was so tender / waterlogged (hence the roped off upper-terrace in the Moore shot), that I actually carried the bike through the Estate grounds today, rather than [even] pushing.

Next week – I’ll support the ‘outside one’s LBS’ too I think (or ‘water’).

😉

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Silchester Roman wall, bike leaning against info boards with Artist impressions of what it would of looked like back in the day

Gravy
    Free Member

Pic taken @ Vicars Pond Clipstone, Notts.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

yunki
    Free Member

Yarner Wood, Dartmoor

I’m lodging a formal complaint about the LBS topic for next week.. I could take a photo of the private residence that used to house my LBS if that counts.. 🙁

Pickers

RSC Theatre, Stratford upon Avon

STW 27-1-13 by ricpic1964, on Flickr

DeeJay
    Free Member

‘Threshold, forms an archway entrance that guides visitors to the Arts Centre building, . . . . The sculpture is made of 12 brushed stainless steel units (approx 18 ft high), which move up and down due to the changing weight of water. When water is discharged by one of the sculptures, it is guided down a waterfall and then disappears to be recycled.’

’Threshold’ – Darlington Arts Centre by Dee P Jay, on Flickr

The Arts Centre closed last year due to budget cuts . . . .

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member
    ton

usefull street furniture art?

arty 27.01.13 011 by 20ston, on Flickr

modern mosaic art?

arty 27.01.13 002 by 20ston, on Flickr

pop art?

arty 27.01.13 004 by 20ston, on Flickr

art?

arty 27.01.13 010 by 20ston, on Flickr

shall i continue…got loads more.

andytherocketeer

U-Boat:

More here (but you’ll probably want to stick it in to google translate). This is one of the longer lasting pieces of nearby forest “art”, and actually got rebuilt a few years back. The rest just rot and/or disappear eventually.
    http://2004.waldkunst.com/de/artists/Rigorth.html

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Weekly photo challenge. 21.1.13 – 27.1.13 – Art’ is closed to new replies.