Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Weekend shenanigans photo thread
  • kayak23

Forest of Dean.
    Very atmospheric 😍

jimmy748

Sestri Lavante today, bright but breezy and a little chilly.

singlespeedstu

Only one ride for us this weekend and none in the week either due to having family illnesses. ☹

Didn’t go as far as we wanted due to sheet ice with water on top and it being a bit dicey. None the less it was still good to get out to clear my head.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ocQb5m]Frozen[/url] by StuartBrettle, on Flickr

sc-xc

Great ride to and round Clent with an old mate. Loads of sheet ice and sketchy corners….

The grown ups have wrecked the trail that descends from the top of Client (by the stump) by cutting all the trees so the branches make it unpassablem. Surely that kind of vandalism is worse than a few bikes riding through the woods.

Edit: @singlespeedstu 2 weeks in a row now 😂👊

[Img][/img]

Alex

@kayak23 – mates were riding there yesterday, similar pics.

We went out to Staunton/Yat/Meend – cold start, warming up (a bit!) so trails went from mostly frozen to mostly muddy in a period of about four hours!

Mostly frozen but increasingly muddy!

Mostly frozen but increasingly muddy!

Was good to get a decent length ride int tho. Needed a long shower and two cups of tea to warm up when I got back.

gallowayboy

Fantastic weather and riding conditions around Hebden on Saturday..

Gray and thawing today though

Bazz

Actually went out on the MTB this weekend, only because the roads were far to icy, just the localish woods which still require 20km of disused railway line to get there

davros

Awesome conditions yesterday, apart from the risk of ice but it was easy to avoid mostly. Timed it well with the inversion at sunset.

Inversion

rOcKeTdOg

2023-01-22_06-18-35

onehundredthidiot

Sketchy cold damp ride on the gravel today.

Great fun at Yair chucking the big bike around “dry” trails, unfortunately took a wrong turn and popped out half up a quarry, which led to a deep intake of breath.

weeksy

2023-01-22_06-44-58

jimmy748

Genoa today, that’s 7,200ft in a total of 44 miles for the weekend, day off the bike tomorrow I think.

Post ride snack before getting the train back.

longdog
    Free Member

Little shake down overnighter about 6 miles from home in Angus to check out my new hammock. Listening to owls as I type.

Vortexracing

Icy Austwick for us

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ocQVKN]Icy Austwick with Martin[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

phil5556

Some great photos on here from others 😎

I only took a couple, they’re not very good but we had fun.

I found out how far my new bike goes on a charge too…

matt_outandabout

You lucky lucky people. I’ve had a weekend in Warrington. #livingthedream

dawson

Saturday was minus 4 and freezing fog. 33miles

Sunday – brighter day, still struggled get above freezing. 41miles

Been waiting for weeks for the rain to stop. Perfect conditions this weekend in the Derbyshire Dales – cue stinking chesty cold scuppering plans 🙁

cp

I was lucky to get out riding Friday, Saturday and Sunday. All from the door, fantastic weekend riding.

DrP

Sat am I rode (most of the way with a mate) from Brighton to Yately, Hants…
    Then Rode back (hungover) on sunday!
    Was bloody chilly!!

Brrrr!

DrP

a11y

@DrP, Beard-icles!

No opportunity for riding over the weekend but temperature rise meant swapping my ice spikes off and going for an early morning hoon before work this morning. Better than nowt!

Kelpies

simonstilts

picEvening spin on Cannock Chase

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Quite nippy and a lot of fog that didn’t clear all day Saturday. I was out briefly to pedal to the gym but it made for a picturesque ride none the less.

Not sure if this is allowed but since there’s that pic up there…

Kelpies was last weekend with mrs brain for me

Shame the wheel wasn’t running but had a nice pootle out from the wheel to the Kelpies, then the pineapple and back via caddon.

@a11y
    are they normally lit up? I’ve passed them a few times in the dark on the motorway but I guess I’ve been looking at things like traffic and signage so not noticed. They’re very obvious in daylight though so somewhat surprised I haven’t seen them if they are!

thenorthwind

Stunning day up on the border ridge in the Cheviots. Conveniently coincided with the tail end of the Spine Race, which meant the Pennine Way was well packed down. Still pretty tough going, but would have been a lot tougher without that.

P1210716
    P1210723
    P1210740
    P1210756

toofarwest

a11y

@a11y are they normally lit up? I’ve passed them a few times in the dark on the motorway but I guess I’ve been looking at things like traffic and signage so not noticed. They’re very obvious in daylight though so somewhat surprised I haven’t seen them if they are!

@dangeourbrain
    yes, always lit at night – different colour most nights. More visible / less of a surprise travelling eastbound than westbound on the M9, although initially there wasn’t the screening along the hard shoulder partially blocking the view of them when westbound (erected because folk were stopping on the hard shoulder to take photos…).

jp-t853

https://i.postimg.cc/8Prs9zHs/ACD79-EEC-1-A86-4984-B1-C9-E899-BA69-A178.jpg

Cold wind on Sunday but nice hard ground for riding. Roads were a bit icy though

dukeduvet

Enjoying the wintery shots!

Wander round the Yorkshire Wolds for me. Icy but fair bit of mud too. Enjoyed a mid ride coffee and last of the Xmas cake.

gecko76

First BAM Saturday night, tick, the souterrain by Castle Law hillfort on the Pentlands, about an hour from home. Went over on a bad patch of ice getting there, but it was a good shout being warm and sheltered, if a bit Chinese water torture-y with the dripping ceiling.

thenorthwind

Enjoyed a mid ride coffee and last of the Xmas cake.

I finished the last of my stollen stash. It was a poor harvest this year (i.e. I didn’t get to Lidl/Aldi quick enough after Christmas before they skipped it all to make room for whatever comes next… Easter eggs probably.)

thelawman

@gecko76 – that’s a quality idea, bivvying in a souterrain, much kudos. It looks a lot larger/taller than the one I poked my head into near Elie a few years ago.
    Please tell me that graffiti isn’t inside it though?

gecko76

Please tell me that graffiti isn’t inside it though.

No worries. There’s a fair bit scratched into the plaster and it’s big enough to fit a bike, but the graffiti proper is near Straiton.

dukeduvet

@thenorthwind still a fair selection of stollen at our local Lidl, seems they overstocked by about a months worth.

thenorthwind

@dukeduvet ta, maybe I should try another one. One I went into between Christmas and NY was all out (though lebkuchen hearts at 75p a bag softened the blow). Stollen bites are the ideal riding snack though. Once ate two entire packets on a winter audax 😳

ampthill

Thursday afternoon ride was pretty

Lovely light on a ride

Saturday ride didn’t produce any photos

Sunday walk showed that being a swan can be tough

Tough day to be a swan

dukeduvet

@thenorthwind you were riding therefore burning it off so it’s OK 😀

cmadd
    Free Member

cmadd
    Free Member

null

cmadd
    Free Member

I give up !

kayak23

I give up !

If you know, you know.

Posting images on Singletrack forum using Postimage

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.