Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • weekend riding thread with images 20-21/10/18
  • Klunk
    Free Member

looks like it’s going to be dry for me so a few hours singlespeeding for me saturday and a walk to the boozer sunday

managed to get out today on the road bike beautiful autumnal day for riding just warm enough for bare knees and hands

matt_outandabout

My youngest and LD’s eldest are off to the Abernethy Enduro coaching weekend with Ben Cathro, so I decided it was rude to not go via a lap of Mabie Red today.

Tomorrow sees us up in Perth so eldest can recce with pal for the Enduro.

Yesterday also saw a lap of Bute. Very mellow (and cold). Ace.

ton

just got back from a weeks tour of the North yorks moors.

set off on sunday, via selby, york, helmsley, osmotheley, castleton, whitby, boggle hole and scarborough.

no rain after sunday dinner. loads or offroad easy tracks (panniers and wife).

bloody fantastic. loads of pics to download.

birky
    Free Member

Glen Tilt loop yesterday

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s that ride by memory season, i know there’s a trail somewhere here 🙂

still very dry for the time of year, just one muddy wet section where a lot of farm traffic had chewed up the surface otherwise hard dry trails with a bit of early morning greasy dew.

matt_outandabout

Pre-enduro inspection of Enduro trails, brah. Moar goggles and colour needed for full schralpage.

nairnster
    Free Member

Quick ride after work today to The Green Loch, near Glenmore.

matt_outandabout

Lovely.

sofaking
    Free Member

Local pootle for me

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

A total of 11km cycled today but we had a berm slappingly good time

robbo1234biking

Great photo sofaking

gallowayboy

Working this weekend, but got out on Thursday, not a cloud in the sky

bruneep

Klunk
    Free Member

not a cloud in the sky

you are Donald Trump and I claim my £5!

colournoise

Spin out on the road bike today.

Back on the MTB in the morning.

colp

Off the DH bike for a bit after a big smash at Revs so took the bellendmobile up one of the local ski mountains here in Austria.

sofaking
    Free Member

Thanks Robbo 1234

k1100t
    Free Member

Somehow, I managed to contrive a few hours off this arvo, so headed out to try and link up a load of byways and bridleways that I don’t have time to fit into my usual early morning pre-work rides.

There were two lovely tilled fields to bounce across…

A beautiful sunset to watch…

And a lot of wishing that I had a better / another front light.

Off to that there London tomorrow, so no riding, or repairing holes in tyres from massive thorn removal.

sofaking great photo by the way! 👍

colournoise

sofaking great photo by the way!

+1. Can’t help but love a bit of playing with reflections.

sofaking
    Free Member

thanks k1100t , colournosie

kiwijohn

Building tracks. I did ride there & back down the rowdiest track on the mountain.

jekkyl

Pic of the month there sofa king? The year?

I was out local Fri and Saturday night 29ering it across Road, gravel, mud and leaves. Lots of fun and surprisingly warm. Lights on from the start and with the clocks going back it’s time to lock down in the darkness until the spring. Get the winter gloves out and look out scarves and helmet beanies! Bahhh

bruneep

Up and out before the sunrise, never made home before the rain  ☹

chakaping
    Free Member

Practicing steep ruts in the sunshine yesterday, lovely…

Not always easy to spot the trail under all the leaves though…

pipiom
    Free Member

Epic in the Northern Manx hills

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1f9ibdsb6/

Tracey

No riding for me this weekend. Cleaned and fettled 5 bikes yesterday after four weeks grime. Stripped the Chameleon down ready to sell. Today was tidying up the garden after a month of neglect.

Managed to take Fin to the beach. Finished up with fish and chips on the sea front.

colournoise

Heavy-legged bimble round the woods this morning. Amazing weather and trails still dry.

Still plenty of ‘shrooms around too,

roverpig

Up on Mona Gowan looking towards Morven in Aberdeenshire.

matt_outandabout

I had forgotten how much fun Ae is. Solo trip to pick up youngest_oab from Cathro/Abernethy coaching weekend. Found myself giggling all alone in the middle of the forest.

So sad to see forest being torn out due to Larch disease 🙁

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I got out on the road bike this morning.Lovely & autumnal with some mist,unfortunately the mist was followed by drizzle.I got home before it poured down.

I was sorting out & rearranging the garage earlier,now I can get to the mountain bike I’ll probably dig it out for a spin soon.

agnik1
    Free Member

Carn an Tuirc yesterday

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2bboJsb]2018-10-21_06-11-10[/url] by gregormtb, on Flickr

pipiom
    Free Member

Fab pic roverpig….on another note, is that an SDG saddle?…..if so, how is it for, erm🤔….”numbness” …..been using Adamo Peaks for years, but fancied a change and bought a Duster.

colp

Quick blast today into the mountains this morning, 2000ft of climbing and 10 miles in just over an hour.

For alpine riding without lifts ebikes are fantastic.

jaketurbo
    Free Member

Local ride... About to head down wormstones

Ride cut short but good fun… More of an xc loop than I’d usually do but some good local descents – mill hill in high peak, lantern pike, shooting cabins in edale and wormstones.

roverpig

Fab pic roverpig….on another note, is that an SDG saddle?…..if so, how is it for, erm….”numbness” …..been using Adamo Peaks for years, but fancied a change and bought a Duster.

Thanks.

It is indeed an SDG of some sort. Picked it up from NormalMan of this parish because it matched the colour scheme of another build I was doing (and matches this one even better). I think I’m right in saying that he didn’t get on with it. I find it OK though. Still get the odd bit on numbness on a long climb, but I’ve yet to find a saddle that doesn’t cause a bit. Natures way of telling me to stand up I guess.

scuttler

Hooning in the woods.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘weekend riding thread with images 20-21/10/18’ is closed to new replies.