Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Weekend Riding Thread 24-26th May
  • poah
    Free Member

Did the Pentland 5 peaks today. Started off from Flotterstone heading round the back of the peaks to Kips by-pass before climbing up west kip – east kip – scald law – Carnethy Hill – Turnhouse Hill. Had an off on Scald law when the front wheel hit a rut. Some bruised ribs and ego but managed to carry on with the pain only hitting me after the drive home.

At the Start

Heading up the Kips by-pass

View down the kips by-pass

Start of the climb up East Kip

ment to show how steep the climb is up East kip

View from East Kip looking towards West kip

Clip of Crash – YT being an ass processing it.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Nice ride out on the Saxon Shoreway along the Thames in Kent for me .

ta11pau1

25 miles along Kent gravel/byway/pilgrims way on Thursday evening

And then 10 miles on the MTB this morning on a shop ride, through heavy showers, then baking sunshine 20 minutes later!

Deciding where to ride tomorrow at the moment (and which bike!) at the moment, Monday will probably be a day off as I’m commuting to work all week on the bike, 20 miles each day.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Looks like you may of been heading up into Ranscombe Farm Reserve there ta11Pau1 ?

Tracey

We parked up at the war memorial up Derwent Valley. Up onto the top and down Hagg Farm. Up the beast and down to Hope. Up the back of Win Hill and along the top and down Potato Alley. Back up the other side and down Lockerbrook. Climb back up to the top on the forest trail and a big blast down to the van.
    Got back and took the dog for a local 5 miles.

ta11pau1

Looks like you may of been heading up into Ranscombe Farm Reserve there ta11Pau1 ?

Yeah I did, a bit of cheeky gravel fire road footpath, I picked up pilgrims way after that.

MoreCashThanDash

Home alone with my 12 year old daughter, who yesterday conceded she ought to ride her bike for the first time in ages. Leisurely 9 mile tootle round the local country park, big bacon and sausage cob for her, sausage and mushroom for me, just the two of us, no phones, just chatting away together for an hour or so.

Possibly one of the best rides of my year so far.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Belter of a day at the Golfie, mint conditions and beat the rain. Repeat offender, New Wolf, Boner, Feed the Pony…Boner was quite steep for me but I rode it, dont think i could have it if it wasn’t so dry.

What an amazing trail feed the Pony is, although the push up after Boner wasn’t fun…is there a better way to access it? Is the access trail better than pushing up the trail its self?

rOcKeTdOg

IMG_20190524_095503_487

IMG_20190524_141231

ta11pau1

A short lunchtime bimble today

matt_outandabout

Superb day at Comrie Croft Bikes demo day. It was packed, some fabulous Niels to try.
    I’ve never been to a demo day before, and to be able to back to back try bikes is eye opening. Both major geometry things, tyres and brakes particularly, some suspension.
    I realised that it’s not just my Yari that is sh*t, Revalation’s and Yari’s just are, whereas Fox 36 and Ohlins are lush…
    SRAM brakes I don’t like, Shimano are brutal and Magura MT5 and Sport ace.

Youngest_oab now wants Factory spec Orange Four, I want a Starling Murmur with Ohlins shocks and Magura’s…
    The Merida 120 was fast and nicely balanced, the Kona was too small and badly set up for me to tell it’s ride quality – and it had sh*tty Revelation’s on..

What a great day, thanks CCB

poah
    Free Member

I was considering going but my fall above has hurt me more than initially thought

matt_outandabout

Oh eh, heal quick…

poah
    Free Member

gives me an excuse to work slowly ha ha ha

really fancied trying that Starling Murmur as well 🙁

towzer

A good week, on Sat a 20 mile river, canal, town, city loop round Reading, Pangbourne and Theale and on the previous Wednesday I followed my nose and discovered a fab wild flower meadow just about behind chieveley services, so good that I popped back later with the good lady – crimson clover purchase to follow

senorj

Hertfordshire cheek today.
    Came across a rave in Trent park!
    Dj was playing some excellent techno whilst I was riding by. Aces.

jonm81

Rode around Dorset

colp

Cracking day at Revolution Bike Park

Me getting the bike over by about 1 degree I reckon on one of the freeride hips

Young ColP hitting the moon booter on 50:01

colournoise

First stretch for the legs after Boltby last weekend. Local woods loop. Got wet, but had a laugh and got a few PRs. Also bumped into some riders riding the ‘wrong’ way up a blind steep chute – I discovered an interesting new line down it pretty rapidly!

ahsat

Longest mountain bike ride for me for a very (2 years!) time. 28.5 miles sticking together Bingley Bash with Baildon loop. Weather was awful at times 😂

Vortexracing

Salter fell today (Witches road) – 35 miles and 4250 feet 🙁

Thought I would try the Tripster on 40mm tyres again, probably the wrong decision, it was very rocky in places

and to top it off we got an absolute soaking dropping into the café at Slaidburn

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2g3GUSU]Untitled[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2g3GKa8]Untitled[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2g3GN33]Untitled[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2g3GTQ8]Untitled[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2g3GUsk]Untitled[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2g3GKiK]Untitled[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

sargey

Hopton Woods for me this morning, I really like the trail.

lowey

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2g45cgk]20190526_141306[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

Quick ride around Settle dodging showers. really windy too.

BillOddie

Took my boys to Cannock on Sunday, which was eerily quiet.

A good time was had despite of a few trail diversions.

Trails are so dusty they are almost blown out in places, plenty of big ((even bigger than normal) braking bumps too.

weeksy

2019-05-28_03-23-21 by Steve WeeksFlickr2BBcode
    H8216, undefined@4.4 mm, f2.0, 1/200s, ISO40

Still the weekend there as it’s half term. My 10 year old messing about at Swinley

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Maximal schralp on teh gnarmacz

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding Thread 24-26th May’ is closed to new replies.