• This topic has 44 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by scud.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Weekend riding plans (& pics)
  • jekkyl

It’s an absolute slop fest off road at the moment. I was out on Wenesday night and my local woods were atrocious with horrifically deep muddy paths, very slow going, couldn’t get any traction on the inclines. With this in mind I’m planning the route for tomorrow night to include a lot more road, well hard pack paths and just a little bit of slop. If I was nearer the dark peak I’d be up there every ride.
    What have you got planned for this coming weekend?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ll be out, normal for me though.
    Sadly no pics or letting on where because some don’t like seeing me enjoy myself.

jekkyl

a weekend on the ocean BB, riding waves rather than trails? 😛

mcnultycop

Something around Ambleside somewhere.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Keswick way on Saturday (as that’s local’ish) and Gisburn on Sunday

ahsat

It was a slop fest here too last week and my run yesterday suggests it has only got worse! Thinking of heading to a trail center as a result as my new CX had to go back to Rose for a dent in the frame.

We have moved a bit closer to the Peaks – what is this mystical riding you talk of in the dark Peaks? Is it never muddy?

jam-bo

dry your eyes princess. 😉

jekkyl

@asshat… well, less slop and more rocks. Thinking about Charity lane, Cumberland Clough, Potato alley & other around there. Those sorts of trails are mostly rocks and are pretty much unaffected by the weather.

ahsat

@asshat – thats a typo! Lol! Normally spelt it is Tasha backwards 🙂

Anyway, thanks. We have only ridden in the Peaks a couple of times as it was too far, but Google now tells me it is only 1.5 hours to Hope. Hummm….

**runs off to look at the Dark Peak guide book**

SaxonRider

I’ll be riding Conkwell neard Bradford-on-Avon with my brother.

Any word on what the conditions are like in the area?

pennine
    Free Member

Riding in the Yorkshire Dales on Wednesday. Ground conditions were very wet & draggy with slippery mud & poor traction. Just glad I fitted the mudguards otherwise I’d have been wetter still.

rocketman
    Free Member

Cannock tourist trails fine today. Elsewhere very wet where it’s usually wet but dry-ish in some places. Raining now.

Gilles

I’ll be riding Conkwell neard Bradford-on-Avon with my brother.

Any word on what the conditions are like in the area?

It will be fine, weatherproof area.

creagbhan

[/url]IMG_20170203_144201622_HDR by

Nice (briefly) above Balloch this afternoon

Alex

Rode BPW today. It started wet, quickly escalated to very wet, extremely windy and blooming cold. Then I managed to burp a tyre being a klutz.

But it was ace. And it means I won’t feel guilty if I don’t go out this weekend. Because after all this rain, it’s going to be horrible.

milky1980
    Free Member

Seeing as it’s been peeing it down here for a few days I’ll most likely head to a trail centre and do one of the long routes. Probably Afan.

Really getting bored of trail centres now 🙁

Trimix
    Free Member

Im riding round Area 51. Its been dry and brilliant fun the past 3 weekends. Not needed to clean the bike at all.

fathomer

Desperate to get out as haven’t done so for a couple of weekends due to not feeling well. Grumbly appendix apparently, still not great but you know 😀

Looking like the Dark Peak around Hayfield.

davosaurusrex

South Downs filth. Road for me. Although I do have to drop my eldest’s friend back to Dorking after a sleepover on Sunday morning….

prawny

Hosing down in Cannock at the minute sacking the weekend off again.

Also, my borrowed Fatty has started losing air out of the front tyre since my last ride, I’ve got no fat tubes so I’m out of action unless I drag the Bizango out of retirement.

I seem to be talking myself into an early ride here…

rickmeister

I’m told that we are going to IKEA.
    Pass the ketamine.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m hoping to round up 2-3 mates for a 40-50 mile road ride tomorrow morning. None of us have ridden for over a week. One of us will be hungover, if he makes it at all.

I’m hoping that I’ll be picking up a new to us bike for LittleMissMC on Sunday. Currently the highest bidder

shortcut

Had a lovely ride yesterday, see no reason why tomorrow’s race shouldn’t be similar. Must remember that Factor50.

Mackem

Random weekend away in Settle. Gonna ride up to Malham Tarn.

BoardinBob

About to go and break this in 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m shattered..
    0615 early splash, 1000 off the water. Surf was immense.

No pics….

CheesybeanZ

No pics but a very enjoyable 20ish mkles with Mr& Mrs Singlespeedstu today and plans for a local ride tomorrow . 8)

Mackem

Canny ride. Going up some of the grassy hills was like being on a turbo trainer. Had rain, snow, sunshine and good views.

mcnultycop

Loughrigg Loop off the Pedalnorth website. Ace but as I’m fat I pushed quite a bit of the ups. Managed to make their 18km route 26km somehow, also.

roverpig

Soggy, soggy, soggy up here too. For reasons even I don’t understand I decided to leave the fatbike (which would have floated on top of the mud) behind and alternated between sliding around and trying to plough through treacle on the skinny bike instead. Still, any ride beats no ride.

jekkyl

Out last night but my heart wasn’t in it. Cold & wet and it started raining so I binned it off after 8 miles and headed straight home, finished on 12 miles. Which is pitiful.

celticdragon

I finally talked myslef into going out, expcting a full slopfest as I live on an eluvial plain, but it wasn’t too bad. I got 6 miles into the ride when this happened!! 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

FTW.

hairyscary

After hacking up a fair amount of green stuff on Saturdays ride I decided to take it easy today and ride the least pointy hill in the area…..Kirkhill. It was an absolute bogfest, but it was surprisingly good fun. I think I’m finally getting confident at riding slippy, muddy, wet, rooty and rocky descents.
    The descents were sloppier than this!

colournoise

Just a bimble round the local woods for me today.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RN9xGu]2017 02 05 bike 10 01[/url] by Rob P, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RN9wys]2017 02 05 bike 10 02[/url] by Rob P, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/REShqr]2017 02 05 bike 10 03[/url] by Rob P, on Flickr

BoardinBob

matt_outandabout

Slippier than a shaved seal in an olive oil dressing.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Loop from Reigate hill. It was mainly mud but good fun!

danradyr1
    Free Member

40km Gap loop in the Brecon Beacons this morning. Fantastic ride and makes a change from the single track of the valleys. Loads of snow at the top and we climbed above the clouds. Quite impressive.

If I could be bothered to learn how to put a picture on here I would…

mutley

Usual slopfest on the Chilterns this morning, still good fun tho, even being chased by a tiny angry dog

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Weekend riding plans (& pics)’ is closed to new replies.