Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Weekend Riding Plans & pics 22.03 – 24.03
  • jekkyl

U

I was out on Wednesday night for a rough ride in the White Peak and I’m riding with my mate at Cannock on Sunday evening. Looks to be a lot drier than of late as no rain yesterday or today and none forecast for tomorrow…so I reckon the weekends shaping up for the rest of the country for a very nice time for riding..get to it. 🚲🤩

robbo1234biking

Up at 5.30 in the morning for a spin around Cannock. Busy family weekend so an early sat morning start is ideal and the trails are quiet. I normally get up at 5.30 for the work commute anyway so not a big difference. Hoping for dry trails.

hodgynd
    Free Member

First free Saturday in ages ..off down to Hamsterley where I’m meeting up with mates..
    Really looking forward to seeing everyone again ..the riding comes a close second ..

porter_jamie

im off to black mountain this morning if i cam drag my sorry arse out of the bed. hopefully the weather will be kind:)

Marin
    Free Member

None.Limping round kitchen. Hopefully fixed for next week as got a weeks bikepacking planned.

martinhutch

Drove to Lakes. Managed four miles before shredding my rear tyre on some slate (thanks, National Trust and Lake District National Park*), discovered mini pump didn’t fancy playing this year. Limped back to Coniston with a tube and approximately 5psi. Drove home.

*see this thread:

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/another-trail-in-the-lake-district-giving-the-treatment/

My first time on this one since the ‘upgrade’. Not only have they carved out all the lovely bedrock and left a boring motorway, they decided to fill it with sharp slate fragments. Two separate massive slashes in about 10 yards of riding.

Give it a miss would be my heartfelt advice.

GolfChick
    Free Member

First road ride with the fella today, 41 miler around the roads with a mega cafe stop.

We’re hitting Forest of Dean tomorrow for some offpiste fun with mboy plus others.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

North America to Langsett

hodgynd
    Free Member

Great day out at Hamsterley ..everything was so dry and running fast ..especially accelerator ..unreal !
    Cheers Dave Jean & Jacko ..

dumbbot
    Free Member

Forest of Ae, .. haven’t been for years, did the red line plus some other bits. To much jumpy bike parky stuff on the official trails, not my cup of tea.

Some nice off piste stuff but I don’t know it well enough to navigate a proper loop and been decimated by forestry work, nearly ended myself when a trail abruptly with a drop off.

colournoise

Just time for a quick outside world version of today’s scheduled TR workout this afternoon after we got back from picking the new van up. Hopefully something more relaxed and playful tomorrow. Still enjoying the BFe while the Rocket’s out of action but not enough to stop me having ordered one of those cheap Transmitter frames tonight as my new do-it-all HT backup.

roverpig

Sunny, but the wind was cold, so decided to explore a few bits of woodland that I hadn’t visited before. Nothing too exciting, but the combination of “right to roam” and an active forestry industry means that there are always some new trails to explore.

Woods

weeksy

2 hours if getting lost/exploring. Still impresses me that I can find d routes I don’t actually know locally.

Confused how I ended up where I did though.

2019-03-24_11-02-46

Klunk
    Free Member

managed to get out for 3 hrs yesterday with mrsklunk, no photos, very dry for the most part. Solo pre breakfast road ride this morning, tad chilly but so gorgeous apart from the the sunday morning crazies (van overtook me on a blind corner and forced a group of other cyclist off the road ! and van overtook me while i was making room for some geese in the road (i looked behind and signaled in good time) so it was me, startled birds taking flight and a van swerving across the road)

pipiom
    Free Member
    WildHunter2009

Old Midhurst Tunnel

Bit of an explore from the new house in Chichester. Its certainly prettier than Croydon!!

bruneep

local trails, always makes me titter when I see this tree with its knob out

WildHunter2009

Whereabouts is that picture Weeksy? Your not too far from my old riding patch and that looks vaguely familiar?

rOcKeTdOg

wyre forest Friday, still a bit muddy.
    2019-03-24_05-18-06

FoD today, absolutely dry as a bone including the off piste stuff we did.
    FOD

postierich
    Free Member

70 mile loop in the lakes HT550 training full of cold so struggled and the wind tried to destroy the tent!
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2dUMkBZ]55620991_10157284371296474_8449040152654774272_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2dUMkDT]55551960_10157284371231474_3050810270730420224_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2dUMkR6]53785473_10157282412246474_5321568022815571968_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Some days are diamonds…

matt_outandabout

Comrie was in a grumpy mood today.
    Really slippery rocks, two snake bikes for me (I’m normally pretty smooth), a large group of riders going wrong way round red route, hoofing wind between sun.
    Then a hail storm with wind so strong it blew me off the bike then ripped the bike from my hands as I got up.
    Top red slab now has added Marin paint… 😲

notlocal
    Free Member

Took a mates eldest out on a local trail, The Rollercoaster, while he took youngest son trampolining. Cake and hot chocolate for afters (well, it’s my birthday). 😊🍰
    Top of Cnoc Dubh

ta11pau1

2 laps of Bedgebury, very dry with just a tiny bit of moisture in one place.

Perfect conditions, hopefully this is the start of spring/summer.

Had a random dog on the trail (one of the fastest bits, emergency avoidance required), then 2nd time round a family who’s son had done a runner, also walking back up the trail, the wrong way, along a downhill section…

notlocal
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Weekend in between 2 long work weeks so zero plans or expectations 🙂

Run out each day on the gravel bike nothing too hard or stressful apart from the run through the city centre where people kept trying to step out on me!!

CheesybeanZ

Fod today , Mallards was riding brilliantly . The bikes got a thin coating of dust 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Just an hour over to rusland for the spring show, proper good little razz out though. Tail wind all the way and the trails to myself. Nice.

Tracey

Made the most of the good weather and rode local. Sat up most of the night watching the live results coming from the EWS.

whitestone
    Free Member

Pennine Bridleway down to Hebden Bridge (well Widdop then various bit of MTL and other bridleways to get there) came back via Top o’ Stair, Keighley and the Leeds-Liverpool canal. Very windy.

Above Wycoller

descending from Top o' Stair

sri16v
    Free Member

40km ride in Elan Valley this afternoon featuring 3400ft of climbing, how I wish I had taken some food and not just orange squash!

Was on whatever reserve fuel my body had for the last 5km and 2 big climbs😴

weeksy

Whereabouts is that picture Weeksy? Your not too far from my old riding patch and that looks vaguely familiar

The lane that goes from World’s end to Oare. Left just past world’s end under bridge of a34 and down to M4 at chievely

windysurfer
    Free Member

Weekend in the Lakes for me

Couple of rides and a bit of walking.

colournoise

Sunny Sunday morning womble around some local stuff I forget to ride most weeks. And then I finally replaced the rear axle in the Rocket. My back will thank me… Much as I love my old XS BFe, it ain’t half stiff on the back end.

razorrazoo

Bike Park Wales for the first time on Saturday. Had a great time until the last run demons got me, went back for another go on the jumps and overshot one on Popty Ping and went down hard on my shoulder.

timbog160

Parked at Yorkshire Bridge – then over the dam, up to Hope Cross down Potato Alley, over t’road, down Lockerbrook, then up again for the Hagg Descent. Sunny and dry but v windy!

Also didn’t realise I was one space outside the markings so got a 35 quid parking ticket as it’s a clearway – doh! Still a good day though!

timidwheeler

Road ride.

Spot the marsupial competition.

wallaby

Spot the bike competition (this one is easier).

lowey

Had a spin in the Dales on Saturday. Not ridden round here is ages, despite it being only an hour away. Last time I rode this route was ten years ago with some fine chaps from here.

Sadly one of them no longer with us.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/24G937p]20190323_141253[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2ecNSQW]20190323_125125[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding Plans & pics 22.03 – 24.03’ is closed to new replies.