• This topic has 59 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by poah.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Weekend Riding Plans + Pics (16.3.18)
  • jekkyl

SNOW!!
    I feel like it should be on a Starwars rolling title. Flipping snow and flipping cold is the outlook for the weekend. I was fancying Cannock at dawn on Sunday but it’s forecast double snowdrop overnight sat/sun and -3 (feels like -9) So I might man up and just go out local.

Where you off?

Klunk
    Free Member

40km road ride today (lovely and warm btw 🙂 )….. watching milan san remo tomorrow and if the frost is hard enough sunday morning a couple of local hours on the singlespeed followed by a walk to the pub while the meat balls cook in the oven then watch some FA cup.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Waiting to see what exactly ” overnight ” brings ..nothing organised with mates so probably something local ..if conditions allow ..

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Local Friday night ride tonight in the slop and I’m anticipating getting the plus tyres out on Sunday to get through the snow (if I make it home from the mother in law’s birthday bash on Saturday night).

lowey

Scotland for the weekend.  Rode AE today. . Glentress tomorrow and Golfie Sunday.

vmgscot

Looking forward to it.. Saturday biking with the GF then Sunday is out with some mates I first started biking with in the early 90’s and haven’t biked with in years. Back then our bikes were an Orange Clockwork, Kona Explosif and a Cannondale SM Chameleon

oldnpastit

Was going to go to Cannock, not so sure now.

sirromj

Caught the child’s baby flu but obviously it’s going to turn to man flu for the weekend. Planning on staying in unless it miraculously clears up.

milky1980
    Free Member

Did a quick lap of Cwmcarn this afternoon.

Going to Cotic for a demo ride tomorrow 🙂

milky1980
    Free Member

Just checked the weather forecast, might check my emails in the morning in case they cancel it!

carlos
    Free Member

Playing it safe this weekend and heading too CYB for some man made fun for a change

postierich
    Free Member

Weekend Bivi looking at a 100 miler we will see 🙂

Poopscoop

<div>postierich
    <div>
    <div>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Weekend Bivi looking at a 100 miler we will see

That’s a real man’s weekend right there! 😃

</div>

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Outdoors, probably nothing besides the commutes each way today.

Indoors, Watopia awaits!

jonostevens
    Free Member

20mph easterly on the main hills tomorrow, going to feel like -9 according to the Beeb. Think I’ll hide in the woods for a couple of hours. Hopefully the temperatures will freeze the slop if I’m there early.

theboatman
    Free Member

Road ride in before the mini beast in Derbyshire this morning.

nairnster
    Free Member

15 to 20 mile XC on Saturday, with probably a turbo trainer session whilst watching sport/film tomorrow.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Nope, this winter schtick is starting to wear me down…spring please, now.

monksie
    Free Member

At some point over this weekend I have it get a minimum of a metric century road ride if not an imperial century road ride in. I am massively behind on my training.

roverpig
    chakaping
    Free Member

Nice and spring-like up Rivington yesterday late afternoon, I was wearing just a l/s top…

Until a cold mist blew in and we felt like we’d ridden into a freezer…

whitestone
    Free Member

A wintry ride around Mastiles Lane. The weather was very much: lovely when the sun was out, dire when the snow and hail showers came through on the very stiff easterly.

At the top of Mastiles Lane.

When the showers hit, it wasn’t pleasant!

Heading away from Bordley Farm.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Strong wind & snow flurries from early morning put paid to riding ..out tomorrow though come what may !

jekkyl

I’m thinking the same Hodgy but I may very well find when I step out the house I’d rather not be pummeled in the face with a freezing biting wind. Those pics above don’t look pleasant.

MoreCashThanDash

Was meant to be leading a FLAB ride today and the club runs tomorrow were finishing at a pop up tea rooms raising funds for our Scouts – all cancelled check the weather.

But the ice Spikers are still on from a couple of weeks ago so I’m hoping to have play on local tracks tomorrow

Klunk
    Free Member

frost this morning wasn’t quite as hard as one would have liked (plus the insulating effect of snow) meaning getting singlespeed traction with racing ralphs on a blancmange a tad tricky, good fun 2 and half hours though 🙂

poah
    Free Member

Headed to Ae for a bit of exploring.  Phone died and got lost lol  Bumped into Ben Cathro teaching a load of highly skilled kids.  Fell off a few times and minced down the off piste trails very slowly.

jekkyl

I did get out local. Very nice too, I prayed but not a hint of sunshine. The mud wasn’t a frozen as I would have liked so it turned into a slog in parts, but still a cracking ride.

Tracey

Went up to Gisburn Forest on Friday night for the PMBA Enduro. Yesterday was snow flurries through out the day and strong winds making the -2 feel alot colder. Trails were rutted and frozen, plenty of riders out. Got up this morning to even colder temps along with snow and wind.

The call to cancel the event was the right decision, the 10 miles back to the A road was bad in places.

It was lovely and snug in the camper all weekend despite the weather.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Well I never got out for a ride ..the weather has been extremely cold again today so me and the missus got togged up with a lot of layers and went for a walk out of our village up Hareshaw Linn..

Have a few pics though ..

20180318_141029 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

20180318_143344 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

20180318_143555 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Just to give the pics a little bit of perspective in terms of height ..my missus is pictured in this in her very glam Musto padded jacket & waterproof leggings !

20180318_143621 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

I’ve always wanted to ride my bike up here ..but have been faithful to the fact that it’s designated as an area of special scientific interest..and have only ever walked .

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Just a local bimble around the South Lakes today – first time out on the bike for ages!

Only about 6 miles at most, but with a lot of up and down with no one else out and about.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23Vjioi]18th March 2018[/url] by Rob Sutherland, on Flickr

(Just down the valley and over the hill from Grizedale)

nairnster
    Free Member

17 miles on surprisingly dry trails

Trimix
    Free Member

Wind chill was a killer.

Camelbak hose froze, snow build up on the rear mech + a puddle turned my bike into a Singlespeeder.

But at least I got out and had fun. (till my fingers started to warm back up)

grebcrelien
    Free Member

Grim above Sadgill in theLakes!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FCtDTa]IMG_20180318_111828[/url] by NeilH1954, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Ha1seE]IMG_20180318_111552[/url] by NeilH1954, on Flickr

stevedoc
    Free Member

After climbing the walls yesterday with  cancelled plans to ride the Peaks due to weather and then re planned Kentmere riding scrapped too there was no going back this afternoon. 30mph winds gusting even stronger over the moors my Lake 303s and Rab jacket were a called into action .£$%$ IT im going out  I may be some time .A nice 19 miles over Saddleworth followed by the strongest cup of tea ever made when I returned  ..well worth it  Apart from the 4foot show road and SPDs 🙂

Image may contain: bicycle and outdoor

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Good Saturday in the Cotswolds cold wind though then all this wet snow came Sunday and turned it all wet and YUK.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Dug half a tonne of rubble, rat shit and dead spiders from the loft and lagged it. Bag o shite. 😬

cyclesouthwest
    Free Member

35km ish. Should have been 50-60 but cut short by snow. Been a while since my buffalo froze solid!

postierich
    Free Member

Ok I did not manage 100  but 87 with the Camp out obviously the wind was pretty severe and the return leg was plagued with snow drifts!

Outward

https://www.strava.com/activities/1459936119

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Haf2MW]29365931_10156350085466474_5730635379694895104_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Camp at Mickledon

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25ed9vb]29339447_10156350088241474_2323879896171937792_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Leave no trace fail

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25ed9S3]29340214_10156350089846474_4916153720305090560_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Homeward

https://www.strava.com/activities/1459936168?message=ODG+Bivi+return

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25ed9pj]29314401_10156350875311474_3346033257366945792_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25edag9]29027683_10156351606761474_6386166595881795584_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

hodgynd
    Free Member

Hats off Rich..you are one hardy bloke !

I don’t mind admitting that I’m way to windy to actually camp out like that on my own ..dont mind the camping bit but the first strange noise and I would be off like a shot ..😱

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding Plans + Pics (16.3.18)’ is closed to new replies.