Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Weekend riding pics, what you done 😁
  • Tracey

We set off on Friday night to do our trip from last year when the gearbox went on the camper

Arrived yesterday afternoon at Lake Annecy for a couple of days, managed to get on a lake side campsite halfway down the lake, Annecy was heaving as we drove through with no social distancing in sight

Scorching day today so decided to just pedal around the lake.

Early start tomorrow for the second leg in Sospel

kingofthetoys

Looks nice!

I’m nursing an injured thigh but couldn’t resist going out with the weather as it is. 31miles of steady xc was bliss!

hope these pics work…

shedbrewed
    Free Member

200k perm Audax yesterday on the Crockett. Obligatory Greggsfast to get a depart receipt.
    I’m old gregg

20 mile loop today on the tern GSD to have a brew and bun with the boy and his grandma (who is triathlon training)

stevextc
    Free Member

Spent most of yesterday digging in a berm and jump then waiting for the ambulance for/with a random teenager (not off or jump) before we got to do any riding.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Very autumnal now here in Sweden. Dirt is great mind , but getting windier and a tlich colder. Winter is on the way

[img]https://i.ibb.co/yh1GqnC/20200913-125739.jpg[/img]

martinhutch

Drizzly start in the Dales, heading towards the light!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jGbw5x]thieves[/url] by hutchinson2017, on Flickr

weeksy

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jGbASZ]2020-09-13_05-00-36[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

iainc

Blowing a gale here in west of Scotland – went for a wander round local windfarm on foot 😀

matt_outandabout

Tracey wins this week…!

A rather stressful ride with 10 BB’s lads around the roads here – clearly a few have very low levels of road sense so took some careful managing. *

All went swimmingly well until we meet mr_road_warrior, which ended up in pushes, shoves and a swing at me to the tune of “e’s not worth it Gary, leaaave it…..!,” From the passenger seat. Thankfully the car behind had it all on video and police Scotland are are on it already.

* For those wondering, a formallyn organised meet for youth with track n trace, distancing and risk assessment is allowed.

teethgrinder

Two days mucking about in Hamsterley. Day 1 with lads from work, today with Chopwell regulars.

There’d been just enough rain to make it grippy without being muddy.
    Oddsox was still shite, though.

ahsat

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFCrU_KnU58/?igshid=1w1qrbzbmyqb1

Went for a spin with my folks. Just messing about tbh – was great to ride without any pressure. My poor Mum weighs about 30% less than my Dad so I tried my best to act as a wind break for her on the way home as she just kept going backwards.

Very much a case of smiles, not miles, and it was great.

Kryton57

Tracey wins this week…!

+1. She does seem to get a lot out of life.    No pics but 3hrs constant zone 3 on the turbo yesterday followed by 3hrs of constant zone 2 in the Essex lanes today.  I enjoyed today more than I thought I would after I awoke with aching legs, a lovely ride in the sun.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

stevedoc
    Free Member

A big Dales day around Pen-y-ghent up

doomanic

LLandegla today, with those superslow descending ebikes that everyone complains about. I guess the complainers were riding elsewhere today though as nobody needed to pass us all day…

northernsoul

Gunnerside Gill today – “a good day for drying”! There was some actual sunshine and the air was clear enough to get good views, but boy was it windy on the tops.

mcnultycop

No pics, but 115km round Cheshire on the road bike on Saturday in an annoying wind.

Nothing today due to a massive margarita hangover.

kayak23

No riding this weekend as I was test-walking the new dog.

euain

Plans went a bit awry. Fort William uplift was thwarted by the Gondola not running (high winds). Then the rain caused some puddles in the campsite.

Camping

Despite all that we had an awesome time. Just had to pedal rather than sit in the gondola.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Spent the weekend at Glentress with wife, daughter and sister in law. Smiles all round, wife and daughter graduated to the blue, sister in law happy riding a bike with actual tyre treads and still vanishing up hills on a singlespeed.

matt_outandabout

By ‘eck euain – is that your tent?

colournoise

Quick spin Friday evening after work. Short dog ride yesterday afternoon. Local old school XC spin this morning.

colp

Last day riding Leogang for me today for the year probably. My lad actually offered to take some shots of me.

doomanic

@colournoise what are those booties on your dog?

ta11pau1

Just got back from a long (guided) weekend in the south Lakes.

Picture overload incoming…

Day one started out moist and turned properly wet, so not many pictures.

Day 2 started out promising, as the view from the tent first thing was this:

It turned out to be the most epic of days, topped off with, without a doubt, the best descent I’ve done so far, from the saddle of walna scar down to the road above Coniston, about 1400ft of descending.

Third and last day was again fairly moist, so not many pics. Typically, an hour south on the drive home and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky!!

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Out for a bit of a gravel ride.

kinesis ATR

Kinesis ATR

water

trail_rat
    Free Member

7 weeks of building work finished so did 40k towing jnr to the park and back yesterday.

Today did 75k on the propel.

Tonight I am tired. After 7weeks of no biking and a very different sort of working out(digging , shoving wheel barrows and. Lifting /carrying materials

fathomer

First proper Lakes riding of the year, it was ace but so windy I got blown off the bike day one and blown over day two 🙂

snaps
    Free Member

Had to visit a mate on the coast – watched the RNLI returning to shore on the way

As the tide was out I took in some tricky foreshore riding on my return

But had an unfortunate issue with a left/front 9 speed XTR M970 shifter – I’d place a wanted ad for one if the classifieds were not borked again.

Alex

Great pics as ever. Always improved by added dog 🙂 I really want to go and ride Quantocks or Long Mynd now having seen the colour of that heather.

Local riding is stunning at the moment. 60km on the new hardtail. I’ll spare you the pic of my pedal/skills failure I posted on my new bike thread 🙂

Bardino first ride

Bardino first ride

Bardino first ride

Bardino is a properly fast bike. I spent most of the day looking for somewhere interesting to crash!

MoreCashThanDash

Sadly no pics but after 15 months of crashes and injuries got out for an imperial century with a mate on the road bikes.

Misjudged the headwind on the 40 mile outward leg to the first cafe stop and was too burnt out to enjoy the tailwind sections on the way back.

Commented to each other about how good the driving standards had been as we rode through bits of Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and Staffordshire, then 3 very close calls as we got back into Derbyshire. Including one driver who didn’t like our assessment of his driving, got out and started shouting the odds. Luckily it’s hard to turn a distinctive supercar round on a singletrack lane. Strangely, when we’ve met him along there previously, he’s pulled over to let us through rather than speeding towards us.

BenjiM

Away at the Quiet Site near Ullswater for the weekend staying in a Hobbit Hole. Rode from the camp site in the early hours and went up Great Dodd with a plan to go to Helvellyn, but it was slow going as the ground was so wet so I gave Helvellyn a miss and headed down Sticks Pass and along the brdleway on the other side of Ullswater towards Howtown. A reasonably enjoyable ride (not been to the Lakes riding for ages) and I can certainly recommend a Hobbit Hole to stay in!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Weekend riding pics, what you done 😁’ is closed to new replies.