• This topic has 45 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by ready.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Weekend riding pics thread
  • ta11pau1

Come on now, it’s Friday evening…

OK, I’ll start…

Drove up the to peak district from Kent on Thursday morning, and rode cut gate from Langsett end that evening.

As a peak first timer (I’ve done a few Welsh trail centres) that was a hell of an introduction to the Peak District! A double serving of tech, with a side of jank, smothered in big climbs and big descents!

With tired legs, my 28 mile, nearly 4000ft of climbing planned route for today may have been a misjudgement, but what the hell – legs heal, right?

First climb out from ladybower was a right bastard!

A stop in Castleton for some much needed sustenance before the big climb up to rushup edge/mam tor along the broken road

I made a shortcut and missed out the last but one big climb just south of Edale as I saw it and said to myself “f*** that!” and I’m glad I did, as the climb up to hope cross, then down the beast, and then the hike-a-bike out the other side finished me off completely. Did 26 miles and about 3700ft of climbing.

I was planning on doing a short trail run up North America tomorrow morning before I leave but I don’t think my legs will let me!

The Jeffsy 29er has been absolutely brilliant, some stuff I’ve ridden I fully expected to be stopped and flung off, but it rolled over everything I put in it’s path, it has not missed a beat. Glad I have my Hope V4’s as they were getting a lot of use (both ends!) down the descents. The ticking of the floating rotors as they cool down at the end of a long downhill is a great sound.

timidwheeler

Road ride up the Col d’allos.
    It was absolutely horrible on the way up. 39° and we were plagued by huge horseflies which the scare the shit out of me.
    I was knackered and didn’t have the power or stamina to keep continuously accelerating away from them. I have rarely been more miserable on a bike.

On the way down, it cooled down and they all vanished. The view was stunning, so here are some ‘roady’ photos of the tarmac and a very small Mr TW.

Mr TW on a bridge.

My bike

Mr TW and some tarmac.

Where’s Wally?

Where’s Wally 2.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Stunning scenery but why do people leave scrap bikes all over the place.LOL.

jekkyl

Great ride report tallPaul👍

iainc

A favourite of mine, early doors today

Tracey

Out in the Peak for the weekend in the camper. Did a loop over from Castleton to Derwent and back. Just got back as the rain came. Its great to be using the van again

matt_outandabout

Teith to Forth, happy Osprey fishing and proper grumpy other fisherman.

Tracey

I hope you shifted the gravel first 😉

whitestone
    Free Member

No piccies I’m afraid, ’twas a bit dreich. Did the North Peak 100km loop https://my.viewranger.com/route/details/MzA5NTk1Ng== starting and finishing at Castle Hill near Huddersfield. Total distance – 104km , 2250m of climbing. Took 6hrs51mins including one deliberate detour to pick up a VV explorer square and a few nav errors.

The vast majority of this was new riding to me, just done the Don Valley Trail before.

rOcKeTdOg

anyone else really want a sausage roll now?

roverpig

I thought I’d be itching to get back on the MTB once lockdown was relaxed, but I still keep opting for the gravel thing for some reason. At least this time I drove to start somewhere different, so I’m getting there 😀

A gentle loop from Craigellachie. Along the Speyside way then up to the wind farm and back though the now deforested forest.

flyingmonkeycorps
    ta11pau1

anyone else really want a sausage roll now?

It did not touch the sides, I tell ya. All manner of peanut butter sandwiches, flapjacks, cookies and bananas were also consumed that day, along with 3l of water, a large coffee and 2 bottles of orange lucozade. Scoffed down a massive haddock and chips when I got back too. I still reckon I was a few thousand calories down over the course of the 2 days.

@Tracey
    that looks like Lockerbrook descent down onto the road that runs alongside derwent? That was my final descent of the ride, just after the soul sapping hike up from the bottom of the beast…

Although it also looks like about 5 or 6 other climbs/descents I did yesterday…

Cutthroat ridge is probably one of the best bits of descending I’ve ever done, followed by the chunky descent which spits you out at the ladybower inn much to the amusement off all the people sitting there having a drink 😀

birky
    Free Member

Around the East Neuk today

Crail Harbour

Tracey

Yes its near the bottom,last lefthander.
    Only photo of today as we were late setting off out and on a mission to miss the rain

reluctantjumper

Spent today at Tidworth Freeride with two riding mates, making the most of it being dry and being allowed out of Wales to go play! Was tiring but fun jumping over and whizzing past all of these little guys:

There used to be loads more of them but I guess some have been victims of crossing the trail incidents over the years.

Alex

A ride ending in the pub!

Back in the pub!

Back in the pub!

A proper 4 pint celebration of our triumphant return 🙂 Amazing day in the Yat. Rode all our favourite trails and they were mint. 60km, 1200m of climbing, post ride beers in the pub. Simple things done well 🙂

jedi

I’ve been playing with the 360 gopro
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CCzAK0NndcN/?igshid=da9dmyzinto7

weeksy

No cycles. But Mrs Weeksy being stalked by me.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jnFZ52]silverstone1[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Alex

Like that Tony but that 360 footage hurts my head 🙂

I’ve finally ‘finished’ my Ripley after about a 1000km. When I get a sec, I’m going to start a thread entitled ‘Beware the perils of the budget build’ 🙂

Ibis Ripley v4 at 1000km

Anyway it’s done now and it’s fab.

matt_outandabout

A full Lap of Balqhidder to inspect all trails. Youngest_oab ripped my legs off.

Tracey

I always blame the bike when I cant keep up. 😅

nstpaul

A wee push/carry up Sgor Gaoith, weather was interesting…..

Great view!

matt_outandabout

Oh dear @nstpaul

fooman

Moors

Alex

Mini Rippers! Impressive stuff…

matt_outandabout

👌

13thfloormonk

A nice loop of the forth taking in some minor roads above Linlithgow and Falkirk before crossing over to Denny and descending/time-trialling down through Plean to Airth. Just really really really… nice roads for the most part, and the winding minor road climb out of Denny has been relaid to a bizarrely high standard, wished I was descending it as it has a great surface, great visibility and even a mini Laguna SECA style corkscrew set of corners, lovely!

Coming back along the well beaten route from Kincardine to the Forth Road Bridge but detoured up some lovely looking cobbles in Culross, reminded me of a description I’d read of the Arenberg Trench ‘like riding over broken halves of bowling balls’. Was too early to give it beans (would have woken residents on street) so tried to ride up it quietly whilst not losing traction, tricky!

Pictures stolen from google, I can never be bothered digging my phone out, need to fix it to bars in future…

hairyscary

Headed out past Braemar and did the out and back up Beinn a Bhuird’s North Top. A wee note to myself, the thinnest of summer gloves are not much use at nearly 4000ft 😳
    Things were much more pleasant down in Glen Quoich.

metalheart
    Free Member

big_scot_nanny

Getting out and about in Stirlingshire and the Ochils, great to have a biking neighbour though its hard when he’s on a Levo, and I’m fat and definitely only self powered.

First ride up and down Dumyat, then touring around uni woods, Mine woods, stuff above Dunblane – I was knackered, and most of the time had absolutely no idea where I was.

Superb fun!

Also, after various question on here, first time out to use my new Dominion A4s properly. Glorious!

matt_outandabout

Cracking ride there big_scott_nanny…

theboatman
    Free Member

Out o Curber Edge this afternoon.

davros

Cracking xc ride today including cafe stop and pint at the end ☀️🍻😀

Chapel gate

matt_outandabout

What a superb weekend we’re having! Really enjoying the pics this weekend.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Hmm can’t post photo!

colournoise

Tracey

Another one from this weekends trip to the Peak. Can’t remember a time when it was so busy. Not sure where everyone was managing to park.

davros

Another one from this weekends trip to the Peak. Can’t remember a time when it was so busy. Not sure where everyone was managing to park

Agreed Tracey. It was absolutely heaving today. Huge numbers parked along edale road. And other side of mam tor towards the cavern. Will it be like this all summer?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Weekend riding pics thread’ is closed to new replies.