Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Oct 25 to 27 weekend riding pics thread will be a short one?
  • colournoise

What with Rampage and some horrible looking weather on its way…

Dodged the showers earlier to get out with the dog and the BFe. Every so often the image stabilisation on the little Fuji goes a bit mental…

duncancallum

I’m about to head off to the lakes….

I’m gonna get very wet.

weeksy

2019-10-26_12-38-24

Mud, yes
    Rain, yes
    Fun, heck yes!

Oh, crash, yes.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I forgot to take my phone with me,so only a post ride photo

scotroutes

No interest in watching circus tricks on bicycles but one of my favourite wee cake/coffee shops is closing for the winter so there was an essential ride over there

DSC_0782 by Colin CaddenFlickr2BBcode

DSC_0783 by Colin CaddenFlickr2BBcode

Lovely autumn day.

thepurist

Is that syrup for pouring over cake or has the tin been misappropriated as a cutlery holder?

scotroutes

Ha. Cutlery. It’s orange drizzle already on the cake 🎂

hairyscary

Glorious weather on Deeside today. Rode the steep’ish trails on Birsemore Hill by Aboyne.
    I nearly ran into a teenage kid with his dad on one of the steeper sections of the trail.
    ‘He’s seen me coming so he’s going to get off the trail, nope, he’s just watching me ride straight at him, oh Crap, he really isn’t going to move!
    I managed to stop about 6” short of him in the end.

I also managed to do this to a 1 ride old XT 12 speed mech. I’m not sure if I want to carry on using it as it looks like a hook for anything on the side of the trail or will not keep the chain on the jockey wheel.

Poopscoop

^^ Blimey, what did you catch the mech on?😳

hairyscary

I’m not really sure, I heard it hit something and felt the bike hesitate a bit.

timidwheeler

It was like this.

For two and a half hours.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Dunkeld

Nothing to do with the weather cutting my ride short, crash and managed to loosen the front caliper connector. Dumping the entire contents of my front brake system all over the rotor and pads, its only when you dont have a working front brake you realise how much use they really are.

roverpig

Continuing to use my road bike to see if there are enough interesting bits of “gravel” nearby to make it worth buying a gravel bike.

Picture was taken just after I fixed my first puncture in years 😩 Also grabbed a KOM though 😀 A very rare feat for me, but does it really count if you are riding a road bike up an off-road climb!

birky
    Free Member

Tay loop … Dundee, Fife, Perth, Carse of Gowrie. Sunny, cold, windy.

null
    null
    null

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

It poured down around here yesterday,finally stopped raining mid afternoon so I went out on the road bike.The puddles were big…

weeksy

Glorious out there. Muddy as heck, but who cares.

2019-10-27_11-12-39

2019-10-27_11-12-45

2019-10-27_11-12-52

Kryton57

Very muddy and slippery now in that up London Town, yet very sunny:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hBaZou]20191027_131152[/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hBa3eL]20191027_132436[/url]

I discover the paintwork has sparkles, not sure if they are evident in the pic:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hBb1Qs]20191027_124945[/url]

Not sure what happened with the focus here…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hBb18v]20191027_135629[/url]

timidwheeler

I discover the paintwork has sparkles, not sure if they are evident in the pic:

Those little brown sparkles?
    That’s mud mate.

twonks

Decided against a trail centre as they will be heaving today and the horrible wet sandy paste is annoying.

Went local and just took where ever I fancied. Great riding.

hairyscary

Very autumnal feel to the hills around Ballater. There was a good dusting of snow on Lochnagar.

Unfortunately my rear mech ended up like this 😩

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Out in shorts and t-shirt

null

longsider
    Free Member

” alt=”null” />

scotroutes

I was trying to come up with a 100km route but as my wife was driving down to Edinburgh this morning I got a lift to Pitlochry and rode back home. Bugger was that I had an atypical (and very chilly)  NorthWesterly in my face the whole day!

DSC_0788 by Colin CaddenFlickr2BBcode

dawson

In Sedbergh for the weekend, so did  Sedbergh > Dentdale > Garsdale > Kirkby Stephen > Sedbergh.

The wind was a sod on the way back.

Also annoying click from BB, and a creak from the rear hub/cassette when climbing out of saddle in biggest sprocket. The bike is only 4 months old FFS. (Arkose D2)

JonEdwards
    Free Member

2 decent rides in. 3hr evening ride on the gravel bike once it stopped tipping it down.

Hope to Hayfield and back today. We’re on the ground but beautifully sunny.

matt_outandabout

Different riding.
    null

null

null

The overnight accommodation had ‘character’…

null

null

null

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Lost track of time doing house chores until 1500ish, thinking I still had two hours before sunset, except sunset was officially 1650 after the clocks went back last night.

By the time I would have bike off the turbo and be ready to go, I’d have less than 90mins of light, not even enough time to climb Beacon Hill once and head home…

So once again another road ride scuppered. 🙁

robbo1234biking

Short spin in the Lakes for me this morning before the rugby. No bikes in the shot though. Will have to try harder next time.

View this post on Instagram

Lakes MTB ride.

A post shared by Rob Belsom (@robbo1234biking) on

fathomer

As yesterday was a washout I almost sacked it off today but glad I didn’t. The Peak was splendid, if a little moist.

chakaping
    Free Member

Looks lovely and dry there Sam, dunno what you’re moaning about.

One from my ride this afternoon…

colournoise

Normal service under the wheels resumed in the woods today. Welcome to the next 6 months… Was a beautiful day otherwise though.

fathomer

chakaping Subscriber
    Looks lovely and dry there Sam, dunno what you’re moaning about.

It does actually, though I assure you, there was plenty of water on the ground! Great pic by the way.

pipiom
    Free Member

Saturday morning in the sunny Manx hills.
    Sorry, not sure how to post multiple pics from “Post image”

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2805e7njy/

greencroft
    Free Member

Up in Inshriach near Aviemore (hope this works):

null

null

null

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Had a lovely ride Sunday old railway line to Marlbrough and through the Savernake Forest and back along canal and over to Flyfield common never got to muddy which was great after so much rain did plan route so I never got to muddy.

Beagleboy

Absolutely glorious day yesterday, so I went out for a quick ride after watching the rugby. I’m quite lucky in having a fairly technical and fun trail starting about 10 meters from my front door, heading up the river Carron, and that’s the one I took yesterday. I’ve ridden that trail in all weather, night and day for a couple of decades and yesterday it decided to give me a wee wake-up call! I’d climbed up a short but steep section and had started to contour along the side of ivery sheer drop of about 25 meters down to the boulders on the river bank below me. I’d just popped my front wheel over a couple of roots beside a tree when the rear of my bike just disappeared from underneath me. Thankfully, there was a rooty ledge that caught the bike and saved me from dropping to the river below with only a badly scraped shin and skint knee to show for it. Certainly got my heart rate up though!

Can I link photos from google on my phone? Let’s find out!
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/L6BtNLAKmrRfzH1o7

jimmy748

It wasn’t the weekend but I had today off so technically it’s still counts.

MacRide around the Moors Valley Play Trail

Then a solo night ride at Puddletown, the pumpkin was there when I arrived.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Oct 25 to 27 weekend riding pics thread will be a short one?’ is closed to new replies.