• This topic has 39 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by davros.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Weekend riding pics, early start 😁
  • Premier Icon iainc

A day off today so took advantage of the early sunshine and quiet local roads ..

Premier Icon roverpig

Not exactly the weekend but went to Skye for a couple of days (well someone had to). These are from a loop near Dunvegan

Premier Icon sirromj

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

no pics from todays 20 miles of singlespeeding, but I quite surprised how nice the going was ,though muddy, could still get good traction out of the saddle on worn racing ralphs even on the “steeper” climbs. All in All a nice mornings ride.

Premier Icon whitestone
    Free Member

No pictures yet but this morning I finished the BB200. Very roughly: Fforest Inn – Hay-on-Wye – Crickhowell – The Gap – eppynt hills – Builth Wells – Fforest Inn.

Took 22:45, was hoping for under twenty hours but time just seemed to slip away between the National Park centre and Builth.

Now waiting for my wife to finish 😄

Premier Icon martinhutch

Nice one Bob. Did you manage to sneak in past the border guards, or are you over in North Yorks with the Tier 1 crowd? Good luck getting out. πŸ™‚

Premier Icon whitestone
    Free Member

Headed down on Thursday afternoon, stopped in Ludlow then got the SAS to do a cross border insertion 🤗 Set off at 0830 yesterday morning so before the travel restrictions but we are tier one anyway.

Premier Icon stevedoc
    Free Member

Started my weekend Thursday

Premier Icon poah
    Free Member

took the boys to mugdock for a slip and slide ride

View this post on Instagram

Dropping at mugdock park. @oneupcomponents bar feeling great . #mtb #mtbscotland #mugdockmtb #mtblife #mountainbike #mbuk #transitionpatrol

A post shared by MTB Scotland (@mtbscotland1) on

Premier Icon Tracey

No riding for us this weekend. Spent the day walking in the Peak with the girls. Plenty of folk doing the same.

Premier Icon iainc

Even managed a quick local lockdown spin today too 😁

Premier Icon lucasshmucas

@poah which trail is that? Looks like fun.

Premier Icon poah
    Free Member

@lucasshmucas its on roundwood towards the end

Premier Icon lucasshmucas

Thanks @poah I am still exploring the trails round Mugdock but will give that a go today. Cheers!

Premier Icon ofked
    Free Member

An urban ride on Saturday but found some interesting signs. You might have to zoom in to see what Peterborough council consider to be β€œuneven”

Premier Icon cb200
    Free Member

Bit like riding on marbles. You can hear their tiny thuds all around in surround sound every two seconds or so

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg

PXL_20201018_091610146

PXL_20201018_091842958

Premier Icon pipiom
    Free Member

Belting day in the Manx hills. Slowly getting into this E-Bike thing. Possibly, giving me a few more years of mincing.

[url=https://banks-nearme.com/td-bank-near-me]td bank texas[/url]

Premier Icon pipiom
    Free Member

Oh, and seeing as Thursdays are allowed:

[url=https://thesawmillgrill.com/catering]drop off catering wilmington nc[/url]

Premier Icon jimmy748
    Free Member

Friday night Purbeck ride

Then a few hours pedalling up at Okeford hill bike park to hit 250,000 feet of elevation gain in just over 3000 miles for the year.

Premier Icon iainc

3rd ride in 3 days, I love ebikes 😁

Premier Icon scotroutes

Out for a bivvy last night.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jWzheU]IMG_20201018_103231_950[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

Premier Icon martinhutch

Bit of a drizzly grind in Swaledale. Managed to not find the descent I was aiming for on Harkerside Moor for about the fifth time in a row. Also had the most charming telling off from a friendly farmer. Nice bloke.

First time I’ve ridden Swaledale properly since it got flash-flooded. Some of the flood damage still in evidence was an eye-opener.

Premier Icon whitestone
    Free Member

Which descent was that Martin?

Agree about the damage, we went through last year about a month after it happened then again almost a year to the day from the floods. Stuff around buildings has, mostly, been sorted from what I’ve seen but elsewhere it’s obvious it will take time.

Premier Icon CheesybeanZ

No pictures today had a great time over at Pillowell in the fod .
    Grippy jumpy flowy trails
    😁

Premier Icon thelawman
    Free Member

Out for a bit of a bimble on the NW side of Cannock Chase today, first time on the bike for a few weeks due, mainly, to other commitments. And a minor case of Cantbearseditis

A slightly cheeky access onto Cannock Chase on the south side of Brocton

Bike propped on a stone embedded in the Spring Hill saucer barrow/burial mound
    Spring Hill saucer barrow

Premier Icon martinhutch

Which descent was that Martin?

Just some random gully descent heading toward Reeth. Not the pipeline, some other thing. Couldn’t find that for years either, though.

Premier Icon RichBowman

Fun on Pearson Gravel Route (Finding Common Ground)

Premier Icon whitestone
    Free Member

Some shots from Friday:

olchon valley

brecon way

brecons

Premier Icon martinhutch

Is that BB200 route worth a special trip? Looks excellent.

Premier Icon birky
    Free Member

Premier Icon white101

Borrowdale bash on Saturday morning for me.

Premier Icon whitestone
    Free Member

Like most BB200 routes there are good bits and, err, not so good bits. Stu’s asked that the details aren’t made public to those who didn’t enter until after the end of this month. Thus my ride on Strava is currently private.

Top photo is the Olchonn Valley from just below the really techy bit. Middle shot is Crug Mawr near Crickhowell. Bottom shot is from Cradle Rocks near Painscastle.

I did twelve hours riding in the dark, including The Gap. The section across the Eppynt hills would be much nicer in daylight!

Premier Icon roverpig

Left the gloriously sunny Skye behind and returned to a grey and rather damp North East Scotland, but there was the odd bit of watery sun to lighten the mood on this loop from Craigellachie.

Premier Icon colournoise

Premier Icon 13thfloormonk

Was supposed to be my first century road ride of the year but in my efforts to stick to local Covid restrictions I ended up with the prospect of a long day on my tod on unfamiliar roads.

So thought ‘screw it’ and went on a local CX/gravel smash. Bike is in CX race mode so 1kg lighter than it was, feels amazing. Spent a ridiculous amount ride spinning high revs through mud and getting sideways everywhere.

Met my match by the end, this segment has clogged wheels to a halt on three separate occasions now. Pals blame canti brakes but the front clogs worst and the clearance under fork is less than clearance under brakes… Think I’ll just run the segment next time…

Premier Icon postierich
    Free Member

Little ride around Coniston

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jWNk9D]121679165_10159082056846474_3510483709274876501_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jWJDR3]122092099_10223937951025853_7807801907642758373_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jWJDSL]122094386_10223937952025878_5407119470706823023_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Premier Icon DezB

Met some nice youngsters

Premier Icon davros

Sheepskulls

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.