• This topic has 24 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by colp.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Weekend riding pics.
  • colournoise

Haven’t seen a thread this weekend yet?

I’m on school holidays so Friday counts as the weekend. Local spin with a really annoying click from my front brake rotor. Came across a kid’s bike abandoned on the trail with no shock and a busted derailleur.

Different ride this morning. Thought I’d explore some of the trails I normally ride past. Lots of dead ends and pointless bits, but did find a couple of nuggets that are ripe for further exploration and ‘maintenance’.

Trails round here are still ridiculously dry…

Poopscoop

I need closure.

What did you do with the kids bike and what was causing the ticking noise on the rotor? 😃

nairnster
    Free Member

Explored some trails around Inverness . Some nice short sections which then just end in a mess of branches and no trail

takisawa2

No pics but a pootle along the canal with the dog. There may have been a pint involved.

colournoise

What did you do with the kids bike and what was causing the ticking noise on the rotor?

Bike. Propped it up against a tree and left it. Speaking to some riding mates it had been there a couple of days already.

Rotor. Buggered if I know. Thought I had maybe warped it trying to burn off some crud but swapped it for one off one of my other bikes and it was still rubbing. Resorted to an adjustable spanner and some persuasion.

Tracey

Had an early ride up and over Cutgate and back from Langsett yesterday. Done some fettling today

Its still very dry up on the top. Best year I’ve ever ridden it in 30 years

ta11pau1

Tried some bunny hops for the first time ever today, started out barely being able to clear a 10cm/4inch log, then found a perfect location for practice – a few minutes away, deserted on Sundays, perfect. Managed to clear some blocks of wood at 18cm/7inches high, which for me was a big deal :D

https://youtu.be/jNM6Pjg1GvA

I need to work on the getting the rear wheel up, I know I’m not standing up enough and I’m trying to pull up with my legs too much. Manualling I’m fine with, and getting the front wheel up – OK I can’t hold a manual but I can get it up there for long enough ;):D Just need more practice, and some more blocks soon!

jekkyl

I was lucky enough to get 3 rides over this weekend.

Friday afternoon: quick 7 mile gravel blast near Chrome Hill at the edge of the White Peak.

Friday evening: more gravel round the flat lanes of Cheshire.

Sunday afternoon: rural Staffordshire lanes. Home in time for beer and pork dinner.

porter_jamie

a

matt_outandabout

Still waiting for brakes to come back from warranty ..  a little road pootle was nice.

martinhutch

Everywhere looks nice and dry still. Is it only the Dales which has gone a bit sloppy?

25 damp miles out from Clapham on Saturday for me.

lowey

Local run out on Saturday as didnt feel up to going to the lakes. Had a look around the damage caused by the Winter Hill Fire.

Local trail destruction on an industrial basis….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ac2DTU]20180818_134110[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

Pissing off the local militant ramblers.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2agha4V]20180818_150105[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

roverpig

Continuing my mission to ride at least one new bit of trail each week. This one went nowhere on the map, just ended on the side of a hill with the word “meml”. Intruiging. Turned out to be a memorial (obviously) erected by his friends and co-workers to commemorate an estate worker (Charles Grassick) who died at that spot in January 1961. Doesn’t say how, but presumably he was a popular chap and it’s not a bad place to go.

mcnultycop

Urban road ride round Manchester on Saturday, followed by what was supposed to be my first ride out with a new club my local ale place has recently started.  The rain was biblical and the ride was cancelled, however I’m not on Facebook so didn’t get the memo.  I therefore turned up and when no one else arrived I did a nice 40km on roads that were like rivers.  I really enjoyed it.

whitestone
    Free Member

We spent the last week touring “voies verts” (best translated as “eco routes”) in Brittany. This  bit followed an old water supply channel for the Nantes-Brest canal

steve_b77
    Free Member

Went out on Sunday afternoon, rattled off a century round Cheshire and nudging the Welsh Borders, was very nice, sunny, dray and warm 🙂

Barrow to South Shields C2C for me next weekend, nice.

hodgynd
    Free Member

No pics for once . but a nice pootle around the Sidwood area of Kielder Forest with friends ..and back for the toon match …

Wish I had stayed out riding tbh

bazhall
    Free Member

Evans Cycles RideIt on Saturday, did the short route. Had an off while going over Kinder Scout, no idea what happened, ended up riding through the Heather and then hitting the path, got some nice bits of gravel rash and some bruises. Bike is fine.

Marin
    Free Member

Riding round Loughrigg on Saturday testing out bikepacking gear and on flats for first time in years for upcoming trip. Started off crappy weather but was good in the end. Loads of tourists moaning about no parking being available by 3 Shires pub as we happily bumbled past on bikes.

colp

Saalbach/Hinterglemm, hitting the X-line road gap

robbo1234biking

Gravel/Road loop along Tissington and high Peak trails today (assuming that counts as a long weekend). Lunch stop at Carsington Water visitor centre for good measure.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/28UgTKB]Untitled[/url] by Rob Belsom, on Flickr

Route write up here:

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tissington-and-high-peak-trail/

tomaso
    Free Member

Elterwater and Coniston was super wet on Sunday morning. All weather trails running as good as ever even when submerged!

jekkyl

colp wins this week’s pics. Top work that lad 👌

colp

Cheers mate! The day went slightly downhill when my lad cracked his rear Enve rim on Pro-line there.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Weekend riding pics.’ is closed to new replies.