Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Weekend Riding Destination Late September
  • gribble
    Free Member

Hi,

I am looking to take my wife away for a dirty weekend in late September. We have two young kids so probably can’t get more than two nights away, so hoping to fly early  Friday and back Sunday pm.

I have some BA flight tokens and we are close to Heathrow, which helps with travel. I would like to try and combine nice trails (flowy and no more than medium techinical for the Mrs) with a decent hotel, but if in a warmer climate this will matter less.

Hive mind have any thoughts? I think Europe is possible but obviously need to have a short transfer. Had thought Edinburgh/Inverness and surrounds, but more risky with weather.

Happy to pay for guiding if worthwhile.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Edinburgh or Inverness? Don’t be daft.

Malaga, loads of good riding around you, have a couple of days with switchbacks or ciclo montana if you want to get up into the mountains.

gribble
    Free Member

Thanks no beer. Will investigate. The idea of sunshine does appeal

gribble
    Free Member

Could only get decent cheap flights into Geneva. So considering Verbier, as the Swiss season looks a bit longer than France.

So should I aslo be considering France? Verbier guide done by pinkbike has been helpful: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/verbier-switzerland-your-essential-guide-2016.html

However, any recommendations on Verbier for those who how have been would be appreciated. Considering train transfer. Any accommodation pointers?

Is a guide necessary? I am considering one seriously as we have such a short time, I want to make the most of it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding Destination Late September’ is closed to new replies.