• This topic has 23 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by birky.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Weekend riding and pics. The July 5-7 edition.
  • colournoise

Just a short, but glorious, 7km bimble tonight. Second ride out with Doug on his slow progress towards hopefully awesome trail dog. Still on a lead and still more of a walk on a bike than a trail dog ride, but he’s taken to trotting ahead of and away from the bike really well except when he saw a squirrel and then a deer…

Alex

Dog looks keen 🙂

‘Two Bridges’ ride for me from home. Over the Wye which was looking stunning. Blue skies, light winds, not in a rush. Mostly road, bit of dirt, found a new off road link on this loop. Perfect couple of hours.

rOcKeTdOg

Reached 33 degrees at one point, only managed 69 miles on the single speed, was hoping for more but it was too hot. Drank 5x bottles of water & a pint.
    2019-07-06_03-35-14

TiRed

OK, call me sad… (hint: you have to look at the laps) https://www.strava.com/activities/2509875227/overview

Just to go with last week’s testing too. Back training properly.

scc999

Headed over to a friend who lives in Wirkwirth and joined in with an afternoon on the trails around Black Rocks.  Good fun, roots were slippy and some of the lines were pretty steep!  Great fun with lots of falling off 🙂

Only got a couple of photos..

antigee

4pm Saturday gives evening light down under…

Friday afternoon with standard trail hazard

scotroutes

Bivvy at a very midgified Loch Morlich

DSC_0513 by Colin CaddenFlickr2BBcode

DSC_0512 by Colin CaddenFlickr2BBcode

Tracey

Ours has been two weeks riding some awesome trails in great conditions.
    170mm dropper was a god send for me

First week was in the Dolomites for the EWS at Canazei. Trails were fast and dusty with temps in the high 30s

Then is was across to Les Orres in the French Alps for the EWS
    Two nights of thunderstorms and torrential rain was made up by hot conditions and trails that quickly dried out.

Now ready for the long drive home and a rest 😎

carlos
    Free Member

No pics but had a great ride yesterday in The Lakes, starting at High Cross, Parkamoor, some other stuff, up and over Walna Scar, more stuff and back to High Cross. Met some Jenride riders and had a chat on, weather was hot and dry, hardly any breeze and pretty warm Caught the sun a touch on the arms and back of neck. Finished off the day with a fantastic BBQ and a great bunch of friends then rode home at 1am.

Been out today locally to sweat out the beer and take on some local jumps.

Just sat in the garden, taking in more sunshine with a couple of cold ones listening to R6 music
    #greatweekend

whitestone
    Free Member

Some shots from the Jennride

A few riders on the ferry!

ferry

Great views over Coniston Water from above Parkamoor

parkamoor

Unfortunately I went OTB shortly after this, at 0mph!! A few nice bruises and a gear shifter no longer attached to the bike – the bolt had come undone. Cobbled something together with zip-ties and electrical tape then managed to sort it out at Torver where I also bumped into MartinHutch.

Over to The Newfield Inn in Dunnerdale.

newfield

I didn’t want just to do the 70 miler and the above shot was taken at 3pm so way too early to start heading back. Equally I didn’t really fancy heading over to Wasdale so I compromised and went over Ulpha Fell but cut down by the trees to the left of my bike to Boot then picked up a BW in the valley floor that came out by The Woolpack. Then back on the actual route. I got back to the Newfield 3hrs after having been there.

ulpha

I spent nearly two hours in the pub, ahem, rehydrating honest guv and having something to eat. Eventually set off up Walna Scar and got to the top just as the sun set.

shadow

sunset

I bivvied down the far side of the pass. My wife joined me about an hour later – she’d got to the pub about fifteen minutes after I’d left.

bivy

This morning was a much steadier ride back to Staveley with a leisurely breakfast in Ambleside.

hawkshead

jennride

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

UberSchralp to teh maxxx.

Roads were quiet, trails dry and fast. Multo excellento.

jekkyl

Hui
    Peak District somewhere.
    Awesome pics and weather everyone. Remembering times in the winter with base layers and 2 scarfs on. Summer wins.

robbo1234biking

@whitestone Were your wife and you riding out of coniston about 7 this morning. If so I think you opened a number of gates for me on the climb? I was going very slowly in a red t shirt on a grey trek!

whitestone
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking – indeed we were.

Got a shot or two of you on the climb up from Yew Tree Farm.

jennride

I’d passed you on the long draggy climb from Stephenson Ground on Saturday and you looked to be struggling in the heat. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

robbo1234biking

Just too big to achieve for that amount of climbing really! Heat didn’t help mind. We rocked of the first 30 miles or so pretty quickly so maybe went out too quick and suffered later. Had an awful night for midges as well – we stayed at the campsite at the bottom of Walna Scar but got eaten alive by the midges!

Really enjoyed the descents though. We should maybe have tried the 70 for our first attempt though. We ended up doing 90 in total. 60 on the first day and 30 today.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Couple of hours in grizedale this morning and pootle along the side of Coniston this evening with the eldest, finished off with chips in the pub. Aye.

martinhutch

Jennride: Was a great weekend, although the 100 miler was a toughie.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gtr9yU]IMG_20190707_071622[/url] by hutchinson2017, on Flickr

Morning push up Walna Scar.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gtrrjJ]IMG_20190706_214642[/url] by hutchinson2017, on Flickr

My berth on Harter Fell

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gtr9i8]IMG_20190707_092223[/url] by hutchinson2017, on Flickr

Michelin starred bacon butty

Thanks again to Postierich off here for organising what must be one of the best riding events in the UK.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I’m on a bit of a roadtrip around Wales at mo so Friday eve was Afan Blade,Sat was Wall,Blade,whites and Penhydd.Today moved onto to Brechfa area and rode Cwm Rhaeder for the first time.

matt_outandabout

No bikes, just wanderings.

Kryton57

I’ve got a great pic, but Flickr seems to be down.  If it gets fixed I’ll post it.

No riding for me as I’ve got the plague, but I took Junior to Leighton Buzzard Triathlon on Saturday – which he won.

It was a dusty moment, because he was very determined after messing up a previous Tri, and if you’ve ever watched an athlete and you just know they are performing well, controlled and are likely to PB it was one of those.  I’m so very proud of how he handled, raced and paced himself for a 10yo.

3rd in the pool 1st out, determined bike leg and the run – his weakest area – he just controlled consistently always in 1st and ran equal laps sprinting off the last bend to literally be all out over the line.  Scary moment on the podiums as it was a joint 2nd/3rd announced of which he wasn’t in the names, so it there was going to be 1st or nothing.

scuttler

postierich
    Free Member

Getting hot  and sweaty zipping around the route  taking pics of the #jennriders 87 miles in total got far to comfortable in the Woolpack Inn 🙂

That bacon and egg sarnie was to die for at the Drunken Duck

Amazed at how many people had not ridden the BW down to the road 🙂

66073007_10157564826866474_6778595833571966976_n<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

66042702_10156005548046572_3990579678082498560_o<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

poah
    Free Member

Sophie got a new bike, Commencal Ramones 16, so we were trying it out

birky
    Free Member

Not a biking holiday but have managed to hire a bike a couple of times.

Cortina last week

Plamort above the Reschensee on saturday

Reschener Alm on saturday

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Weekend riding and pics. The July 5-7 edition.’ is closed to new replies.