• This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by ahsat.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Weekend rides. Fine malt edition
  • matt_outandabout

Oh yes.

davros
    Alex

@matt_outandabout – definitely the best transport option to visit a distillery 🙂

Day off with a mate to ride Black Mountains classic loop. Obviously that was the day it rained for 4hr45 of the 5 hour ride. Still it’s a classic route in any conditions.

Classic Black Mountains

Classic Black Mountains

Classic Black Mountains

Classic Black Mountains

It’d have been dusty until about midday yesterday!

cb200
    Free Member

Tracey

So far this weekend the riding has been of a different kind, let’s see what tomorrow brings

rOcKeTdOg

PXL_20210911_090259643

PXL_20210911_091436586

roverpig

A bit of a soggy local loop. But I guess that’s autumn for you.

matt_outandabout

Broken down ferry (apparently major  hull issues….!) meant no Colonsay and Oronsay today.

Jura however was excellent compensation.

We think the old Caol Ila stills, currently the distillery is being renovated.

matt_outandabout

@Tracey – did the gin cause the break, or riding bikes  😉

Tracey

Gin is my advent calendar. It was a front wheel washout at the end of dirt jumps so she’s a bit annoyed about it.
    Next couple of months will be hard as she had just started a new job to get some more cash saved for Canada

hairyscary

Lapped a twisty trail at Aboyne yesterday to try and improve my cornering technique. Seemed to work as I got Pb’s each run 👍

Went to watch the start of the Tour of Britain in Stonehaven this morning and will probably sit on the turbo for a few hours later.

sirromj

I’m a bit time constrained at the moment, and without a functioning mountain bike, which leaves me an old 10 speed road bike and a 24″ street trials bike. I’d rather ride in the garden for an hour than go out on the road bike so photo of the lawn again 😉

trials-weekend-riding

I realized earlier this week I had barely practised any trials lines that involved any sort of difficult turns in them so that’s what that layout had me practising.

My 4yo boy also enjoyed naked balance bike trials on there too.

birky
    Free Member

Saturday, Dundee/Perth Tay loop

Sunday, watched Tour of Britain at Cairn O’Mount

trail_rat
    Free Member

Snap was there too. Came over from the north with Jnr in the trailer.

Raised more than a few eyebrows playing how fast can this thing go (35lb touring bike + 65lb of trailer and human plus daddy) on the way down.

Then to the beach for the finish.

Good racing . Good atmosphere. Bit cold on the top of cairn.

matt_outandabout

Another fine Islay day…

colournoise

Only ride #24 so far this year – less than 1/3 of what I’d normally have done by now…

No spirits, just spirit. Fitness all gone and legs weak but those will (hopefully) come back.

2021 09 12 ride 024 01

2021 09 12 ride 024 03b

halifaxpete

Bimbling round Calderfornia today.

CheesybeanZ

Forest beastys

tomhoward

Playing about in the same woods I started MTBing in 25 odd years ago, in the (Private 😎) woods behind my parents house, forgot how much fun they were.

Also took some pics of my bike, post spray tan.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mpk3Nv]SteamPunk Highlander[/url] by tom.howard.562, on Flickr

vmgscot

Friends ride around the Big Country loop…

jimmy748

It’s not quite the weekend, and it’s not much of a ride, but considering it’s not yet 6 weeks since having my elbow lock wired back together, I’m over the moon.

matt_outandabout

@jimmy748 – excellent. Bikes are great. 👌

ahsat

We did the Rapha Women’s 100. My first long ride for 15+ months due to long COVID, and my Mums first 100k ride ever! @p20 came with us (also his first long ride since having COVID), as it was him who laid down the challenge to us. Yes it wasn’t quick but who cares. We did it 🙂 My Mum was so so delighted. She has a new ebike as she has a lot of health complications and it just showed her what she could achieve as a result. Wonderful.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Weekend rides. Fine malt edition’ is closed to new replies.