• This topic has 26 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by momo.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Weekend rides – bit nippy then
  • matt_outandabout

First frost of the year and arrival at top Gondala in -1 made for a chilly start.

sheck

I had a mega Lakeland loop involving High Street and Beda Fell but lost my phone en route so no pics, despite having taken the best pics I’ve ever taken on a stunning day with so much time spent above 2000’

poah
    Free Member

Went up Conic Hill with the family yesterday. Took the hard tail for an outing but forgot to check it over properly. Back brake was shocking bad for lever pull, semi slick on the rear offered no grip and the damping in my fork is abominable (pike with charger 1). Good afternoon outing though.

nickjb
    Free Member

Still t-shirt weather down south. Did have to put my windproof on for the lunch stop though.

fazzini

Rather glorious in Northumberland yesterday.

fazzini

Glorious day out in Northumberland.
    " alt="" />

How can posting images be so bloody difficult?

StirlingCrispin

Colsnaur yesterday.

Stunning morning out. Panorama stretched from the Cobbler across to the Queensferry Crossing. Patches of ice on the ground and soggy under wheel.

Colsnaur

Chuff it – the photo is here: https://imgur.com/a/gLeb1cF

stevie750

Took the new bike up to cathkin for it’s debut outing , ws great fun. Was cold though, bin was frozen shut when I took the rubbish out earlier Friday cathkin

jimmy748

Purbecks last night after a week working in Estonia.

Then Puddletown today and the first time getting airborne since snapping my elbow off, back in July.

jobro
    Free Member

Rode in Wareham Forest (Dorset) this morning. Started off in a down jacket, ended up in just a T-shirt! Proper warm still.

matt_outandabout

Today I went full roadie. Sorry. Not sorry as my toes stayed warm.

Picnic up Scotland’s longest, loneliest and loveliest glen. Lovely.

kayak23

Glorious day out at Woburn. The world ending really does produce some nice weather for the time of year.

Footpegs fell off the motorbike

Insane amount of work the sand artists have been doing in the bike park

eskay

Aint cold here (Fuerteventura)!

reluctantjumper

Had a day on the uplift at Cwmcarn, perfect weather for it. Not hot and no chilly wind. Trails were lovely and grippy too!

[url=https://postimages.org/]pic for upload[/url]

Was really good to see Darrell happy and running again after a tough 18 months, Cwmcarn’s not the same without his uplift bus running around!

jam-bo

T-shirt weather and hero dirt in Devon.

hairyscary

That night riding footage is ace.

Ballo woods for me today for multiple winch and plummet laps. It was as greasy in the morning and got grippier as the day went on, as it always does.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I glanced at this thread and the weather forecast this morning and packed accordingly, ie long gloves.

In the end I rode without gloves and just the shirt and shorts for most of the day.

Almost managed to string together the VB Graphics Top 10 Descents in the Dark Peak. Did the eastern nine but couldn’t face doing Roych Clough twice that late in the day so I jumped in the van and drove to Hayfield to pick off number 10.

Was cogitating whether the wooded bit of Stanage Plantation might be harder than cavedale….
    Until I got to Cavedale, when I discivered the shear stupidity of my theory as I lay spreadeagled in the stream with a sore wrist, on my own at around 10pm in the pitch black.

jimmy748

@hairyscary cheers, everything to the right of those bushes is pretty much the Sea.

https://strava.app.link/SUj7J9i7pkb

jimmy748

The elbow felt good yesterday at Puddletown, so 4 days short of 3 months after doing this.

I Was back at Okeford bike park for a few laps of Devils Dyke, there’s a new version of the line there after rooty corner, and both version we’re running beautifully today, shame the weathers set to turn tomorrow.

The new version

The Original

rOcKeTdOg

15° shirt sleeve weather here
    PXL_20211017_140449263

PXL_20211011_120913471~2

roverpig

A ride and then a bit of a hike on a less popular bit of the Glenfiddich estate. Not that any of it is popular really.

colournoise

Another local Sunday. Still weirdly dry under wheel, but the shrooms are out in force.

2021 10 17 bike 028 04b

2021 10 17 bike 028 05b

2021 10 17 bike 028 01

2021 10 17 Fungi 02

2021 10 17 Fungi 03

birky
    Free Member

First night ride in about 3 years round Tentsmuir forest on friday evening.
    Road ride to Birnam on saturday.
    Nae photies.

Ambrose

Shorts and tees here today for an evening ride around Cwmyrhaidr with the pooch. The light and the views were amazing. Loads of mushrooms too. Planning a foraging ride to collect some parasol mushrooms next week if anyone wants to join me around the Ystradfellte area one day. Drop me a PM.

vmgscot

Drumlanrig fun

momo

Saturday wa spent riding the National champs sportive, despite riding Michaelgate reasonably frequently, it feels so much harder with 90 miles in the legs!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mCKm58]1002-0235-C-LGPS08[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

Sunday was watching the pros do it much better!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mCKqVq]Untitled[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Weekend rides – bit nippy then’ is closed to new replies.