Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Weekend rides 22/23rd September 2018
  • matt_outandabout

More local rides here around Dunblane and BofA the morning around woods with half of clan_oab and random stranger called Paul from Norfolk out trying to find trails. He tagged along, sorry if things got a bit steep…! Eldest_oab has built a new trail down from just above Mine woods bomb hole, youngest_oab then rode bomb hole for first time and mrs_oab went OTB in the bombhole.

Then an afternoon over Sherrifmuir and back on Glen Road with middle son on road.

All in glorious autumnal sunshine.

I think there’s a cold 🍺 with tonight’s curry… 😎

trail_rat
    Free Member

I bombed out from the office yesterday. Nipped round to singlespeeddans and we headed to my gaff, swapped my commuter pannier for the ones with my bothy gear in and picked up Mrs t-r

Headed first to ballater for fish and chips from the phoenix and then up to Glas alt shiel for the night.

Arrived at22:45 to find the stove in full swing and a group of students with some quality relaxing tunes on. Had a good natter + beer and whisky with them slept then rode back this morning via spider on a bicycle

200k round trip.

View this post on Instagram

No filter required. Loch muick with a tail wind.with @jayne.davidson @d_b_hall #lochmuick #glasaltshiel #touring #fridaynightdash #cairngormnationalpark #visitscotland #touringbikes #shandcycles #genisisbikes

A post shared by Terry Davidson (@trail.rat) on

View this post on Instagram

Downhill and tailwinds to Ballater ….a far cry from the grovel uphill into a headwind last night. With @jayne.davidson and @d_b_hall #lochmuick #ballater #lochnagar #cairngormnationalpark #ridingbikes #touring

A post shared by Terry Davidson (@trail.rat) on

Tracey

Ours started early this week as we are taking in the trails in and around Ainsa. Trails are dry and dusty. The heat makes the climbing hard. It also makes the beer taste better at the end of the ride

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coomber
    Free Member

First trip to BPW tomorrow. Currently showing >95% chance of rain. Going to be fun and wet.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Got blown to new PBs for most segments heading up Harvesting Lane yesterday, fought nasty crosswind gusts down North Lane and then a brutal headwind heading back across Old Winchester Hill plateau. And my Lezyne Super GPS froze ~55mins into ride (still a brick) and so rest in this Relive was done on the mobile.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve broken my dirt jumping cherry this week. I am no longer confined to the ground!!

I’ve gone from can’t jump, won’t jump (anything at all) to sessioning some small 12 inch kickers.. and over the course of three days I’ve managed to roll in on the local trails (never thought I would do this) progressed to clearing a couple of small humps on the beginners line, but was initially too scared to hit the 4 foot table that followed..

The next day I hit it a few times but couldn’t clear it..

The next day I learned to clear it every time, but the next jump in the line was very dilapidated and I couldn’t get far with it.. so i moved on and hit a couple of bigger step ups and drops.

Massive progress, massive confidence boost which transformed my ride home popping off everything I could find… Still a long way to go  and I’ve run out of tabletops at the local spot and am not ready to hit doubles, but I’m totally inspired to ride and obsessing about my next ride in a way that I haven’t done for years 🙂

More sessioning stuff tomorrow

colp

I reckon a spade purchase is in order there Yunki.

jekkyl

got a tiny bit lost and panicky on the Chase last night, was entertaining. Twilight!

the moon

hodgynd
    Free Member

We finally got four of our little group of mates together for a ride yesterday for the first time in what seems like ages ..two are long term crocked( one a shoulder injury .the other having had a nasty lung infection ) ..speedy recovery wishes Ant & Colin..while Dave was still a bit under the weather yesterday …from a heavy cold .

We did what we would call” The Chimmneys ” ride ..high on the moors above Allendale which involves three tough climbs and what seems like only one descent !

Some pics…

20180922_115441 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Dave & Jean

20180922_115529 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Jaco..no he ain’t doing what you think he is ..

20180922_115535 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Weather beaten on the other side ..but with very few stones lying around..they must be part of someone’s dry stone wall somewhere…?

20180922_115723 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

20180922_115738 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

The history bit …

20180922_120512 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

It was a tad moist in places ..but then this moorland descent always is !

20180922_122304 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE..

Unfortunately we were a couple of months too late ..not that we would have stood much chance 😁

20180922_135518 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Great to be out with mates again …crackin ride

manmurray

At home in Brighton for Rule 5 Bikes’ summer sendoff ride yesterday. Great 70k gravel loop up/down/around the Downs – some brutal climbs (looking at you, Streat Bostal), many punctures and lots of friendly faces. Really need to sort out some lower gearing on the gravel bike.
    Top day out for @rule5bikes Summer Sendoff. Literally the only photo I took...that climb was a sod! #onemoregearneeded
    Oh and there was beer…lots of beer. Excellent day out 🙂

whitestone
    Free Member

Went for a ride around the top end of Nidderdale. Unusually for the Dales there wasn’t much road to link things up, just the climb up to Middlesmoor.

The descent down to Scar House reservoir had supposedly been sanitised but most of it didn’t seem any different to previous times I’ve done it just a couple of sections low down. I managed to clean the climb out of Woo Gill for the first time, 25% concrete with a coating of gravel that has the traction of ball bearings.

colournoise

Autumn’s here…

postierich
    Free Member

Ride and Bivi Saturday to the ODG

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PedQX9]42337882_10156843495611474_326728139415748608_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PedQP3]42218121_10156845199376474_4832138374674382848_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/29YB9fZ]42365561_10156845199246474_2361838516486275072_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/29YB8Xz]42317177_10156845209866474_3460260283426013184_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Explore ride on Sunday

https://www.relive.cc/view/1861132253

[url=https://flic.kr/p/29YB8ER]42345119_10156845774061474_163576067146121216_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/29YB8Sp]42460493_10156845774861474_2374413102692171776_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

hodgynd
    Free Member

Some great pics ..

How long has this been a feature on Viewranger?

I’ve never noticed it before …

Check out this 3D view I’ve created with ViewRanger! https://my.viewranger.com/viewranger3d/track/ODY2NTA4MA==?app=1&units=metric

birky
    Free Member

Borders and Dumfries on saturday

Local ride on sunday morning (Kinpurnie tower)

daern
    Free Member

70km of gravel around the Derbyshire Dales before breakfast on Sunday – out at 7am back at 10am. Not many pictures because, frankly, we were going flat out and it was all I could do to keep up with my friend without the camera in my hand, but here’s a post-ride bike shot and, despite it raining heavily on Friday, the bike still came back looking reasonably fresh:

Great fun – had expected rain all morning, but in the end we had dry trails. This was a “drawn on a map” route, so was pleasantly delighted to discover that it was 95% off-road and 100% rideable, not something I’ve always managed in the past 🙂

Tracey

We spent yesterday in the blistering heat, going between the EWS stages in Ainsa. Now on our way to Finale.

Great place to ride. Will definately be back

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Weekend rides 22/23rd September 2018’ is closed to new replies.