Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Weekend rides 21/22nd September 2019
  • matt_outandabout

Ballo for us. Lovely autumnal sunshine.

null

null

timidwheeler

Back home and all back to normal.
    But not quite; the Chilterns are properly dry and dusty.
    Its nearly October!!

null

rOcKeTdOg

MVIMG_20190920_140150

MVIMG_20190920_152732

Mister-P
    Free Member

An hour long gravel ride whilst my daughter was at her dance class late morning. Hardly anyone about, the sun shone and I got a KOM. Not a bad ride at all considering the time constraint.

weeksy

Marvellous day at FoD.

2019-09-21_09-11-02

Did my biggest drops ever! Scared myself a few times

davros

First ride on a gravel bike. Borrowed my dad’s. Bit small for me but I got the idea. I’ve never got on with road bikes and I struggled descending on the rougher stuff. Just felt sketchy so I was really slow. It felt nice on smoother stuff though. Don’t think my wrists/hands could take the punishment.

null

colournoise

So far, a couple of dog rides, a sprint round the woods that left both calves cramping, and a pootle today looking for kids from school doing their D of E bronze expedition (I never found them…). Another pootle planned for the morning and a dog ride tomorrow afternoon (assuming the rain holds off).

weeksy

Yesterday was the Forest of Dean Enduro for the little man.

It kinda went brilliantly, kinda went badly. Last time there we did the Intermediate course, which he found quite easy, still fun as it’s a swoopy jumpy blue… But wanted more of a challenge. So this time we entered ‘Advanced’

We got there and rode up the hill to practice, we’d invited his school mates who he plays with in the local woods but they’d entered Inters. So we did some practice runs on there and they all loved it.. So of course did me and my lad. He was about 5s quicker than his school buddies… (Which will come back to haunt us)

We then did a run down the Advanced course, which was Flatlands into Sheepskull. This was SO nothing like the other course (Launchpad) it was rooty, techy, slow and nadgery. Quite tough actually, some downhill off camber roots and stuff. Neither of us greatly enjoyed it… it was good, but not ‘fun’ as such in the same as the jumpy swoopy one.

So we went down for cake and viewing of all the demo bikes, it was an open day so Orange, Whyte and a few others were there. We asked if he could change Cat to the Inters. Sadly we were blown out of that idea due to the timing equipment being setup to the number boards and the complexity of changing. Bummer. My lad was actually quite disappointed with the news and it kinda sucked all the fun out of him. I was nearly in tears for him.

Anyway we went up again for the race and I came down first before his races started and sat for 15-20 mins waiting. He came down and actually really enjoyed it. So all was good with the world.

We then scooted down the 2nd half of Sheepskull which was a bit bloody techincal !!!! jumps, roots and drops (my most hated trail feature) LOL. But somehow we managed to get down ! Phew.

After that we had an hour to kill so spent time in the skils area doing jumps and drops, i was really pleased after this as it really helped with my fear of drops, i attacked more than i expected and came away really happy.

Onto the presentation and sadly for my lad he never made it into the top 3 in his Cat. However both his school mates did, one got a WIN ! (Year below him) and his classmate got a 2nd, he was only 0.5s behind the winner.. (Which using dad logic means my lad would have walked it.)

That was the disappointing bit, but the rest of the day was absolutely excellent !

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hiKetV]2019-09-21_09-11-02[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

This morning brought 2 hours of spannering, cleaning and sorting on both his bike and all of mine, replaced a spoke in the CX bike, fitted new grips to his, cleaned them all, prepped them all, great stuff.

Tracey

Glad both of you enjoyed it.

Beggars can’t be chooses and what should have been our first day in Finale was a pootle around some of the area in Pizzo
    Borrowed bikes and back to front brakes but at least we were out for a couple of hours

thestabiliser
    Free Member

[url=https://gasstation-nearme.com/]closest fuel[/url]

Eschewed all that ridiculous sunshine yesterday in favour of DIY 🙄. So went out for a refreshing soaking this morning instead. Autumn has arrived!

tetrode
    Free Member

Did The Gap for the first time yesterday, it was awesome. Such good scenery and some ridiculous loose, rocky descents. A lovely day out on the bike.

birky
    Free Member

From Killin to Crianlarich to join the WHW. Under the railway at Auch and on to Loch Lyon then over the Hydro road to Glen Lochay and back to Killin

null

null

null

null

andyr
    Free Member

Did one of my favourites yesterday. Edmundbyers/Blanchland/Bolt’s Law loop (the classic ride in issue 122). Conditions were nigh on perfect, cake in Blanchland was excellent and the enduro riders (motorbike variety) were keeping to the legal trails for a change. Top day out.

Top of Bolts Law https://imgur.com/gallery/3aKjk5l

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Forest of Dean yesterday was great fair bit of rain around today.

weeksy

2019-09-22_06-20-32 by Steve WeeksFlickr2BBcode
    undefined, undefined@undefined, fundefined, undefineds, ISOundefined

2019-09-22_06-20-44 by Steve WeeksFlickr2BBcode
    undefined, undefined@undefined, fundefined, undefineds, ISOundefined

matt_outandabout

@birky – it was a tad wetter yesterday… We were back visiting my old work for bosses retirement. I miss living there.

lowey

Glorious weather on Friday and Saturday.

Went for a local leg stretcher on Saturday.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hjkrfu]20190921_125445[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hjkqij]20190921_133041[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr
    Ripped to shreds by Brambles though.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hjocpX]IMG-20190921-WA0014[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

roverpig

About once a year I’ll pull the road bike off the turbo and take it for a spin. This usually serves to remind me why I hardly ever ride on the road these days, but yesterday’s bimble was quite good fun. Probably just more evidence that a nice sunny day makes any ride fun though.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Guided ride around the Quantocks. 34k and 1100m vertical which is a lot for me.

Still feeling a bit sore and risk adverse from going OTB on the Gap a few weeks ago so I was mostly cruising, but had a great time. Lunch at the Foxy Bean, couldn’t tell you where it is specifically but it’s very nice.

Marin
    Free Member

Late start in Staveley up Gatescarth, bivvied on Nan Bield lovely sunny day. Got up at 6 and road back to Staveley in heavy rain which was great as saw absolutely no one.

stewartc
    Free Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2qNtK2Hcen71qvcD_Q76OXT6zSYqVeQp9bejs0/

Finaly got the MegaTower dirty this weekend…but it was shortlived as I then busted the front brakes.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Weekend rides 21/22nd September 2019’ is closed to new replies.