Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Weekend rides 15/16 Sep 2018
  • matt_outandabout

Local ride with friend here. Lovely autumnal weather, mrs_oab rode a lot of steep stuff for first time on shiny new bike…. All part of kid free weekend. Happy days.

Klunk
    Free Member

beautiful late summers day trails dry and dusty nettles weak and puny fun 3hrs singlespeeding

colournoise

Not ridden yet this weekend (that’s for tomorrow morning – my usual mashup of local trails), but have spent some last night and this morning scratching in some new stuff in a deserted corner of the woods. When finished should make my ride home a bit less fireroady. Despite his love of digging stuff, Doug the dog has been no real help.

kelron
    Free Member

Only my 2nd MTB ride this summer (?), I’m glad the dry weather’s come back in time for the new bike.

singlespeedstu

No strictly speaking the weekend but Thursday so close enough.

Geometron in the mountains.

colp

Revs yesterday, another great day of riding.

Marin
    Free Member

No riding for me but going Nepal on Tuesday for 4 weeks of riding and pushing and panting. Yehaa.

hodgynd
    Free Member

SSStu ..

If you are going to get caught short the least you can do is bag it afterwards ..😁

Tracey

No riding for me this weekend unless you count the waterslides into the pool last night. Travelling down through France to Ainsa for the EWS, calling of in Vallnord after on the way to Finale for the last round.

Plenty of riding and exploring new trails in the next couple of weeks.

Its hot and sunny so making the most of it

singlespeedstu

hodgynd.

Some time you’ve just got to let it all out.😂

I’d have picked it up but I didn’t have a bag big enough.

weeksy

Saw a neighbour yesterday and he invited me to do to a Sportive, roadie jobbie. Why not I thought.
    Short route was only 30 miles which suited me, so off we went.

They let us out 20 at a time into it so we were in group 7, a lot of riders in front.

Took it easy for 3 miles then we were in a group or 5-6 roadies and going well, so I left my mate and his other buddy and buggered off with the roadies. It was actually really good fun with 30s turns on the front and plenty of sitting on wheels.
    Got a few funny comments and reactions when overtaking and hanging with roadies about me being on the Parkwood.

Finished in 1hr 47 which came in at 27kph. Considering the bike and the wind today, I was pretty happy. First time I’ve done an event and given it a good go in ages, a couple of others I’ve gone too hard too early and paid the price, but at 30 miles I was never going to bonk so could keep a decent pace.

Got me thinking about that PlanetX bike again now !

theboatman
    Free Member

Some cross country bimbling around the white peak with my brother 😁

Beagleboy

Didn’t take any pictures as I was too flipping knackered! My poor mate agreed to go exploring with me so I took her on a route that I’ve been oogling at from the summit of Dumyat for a couple of years now. We climbed up towards the summit of Myreton hill (Dumyat’s next door neighbour), along a steep series of switchbacks. Then, from near the summit, we followed the track up along the spine of the hill heading towards Sherrifmuir. We continued climbing…and climbing…and climbing. I’m not sure how that worked, but we only dropped down at the every end of the route, and it wasn’t a very long descent. We were robbed, seriously mugged and done over by that hill. I reckon we’re owed a good 300 metres of descent!

singlespeedstu

Not that many posts on this so i’ll boost it up a bit with pics from last week.

Heading up to the top of the bikepark.

Take a chair.

One of the bikepark trails.

Got wood.

Almost at the top of one of the trails.

New Ride.

Traverse before the last climb to a mega descent.

Alpine singletrack.

Back home for a huge feed in the garden.

Garden View.

nairnster
    Free Member

Short ride after work

matt_outandabout

Beagleboy – I’ve done that route. It’s an acquired taste, typical of some of the Ochils riding…

colournoise

This morning.

hodgynd
    Free Member

First ride for two weeks yesterday afternoon ..a localish ride up at Kielder ..a bit of a mix up on the Lonesome Pine Trail & Deadwater ..which after really having to gee myself up to get my arse in gear didn’t disappoint with some great maintenance work on the Bewshaugh section by Russell..which had it running better than I can ever remember ..

I was also able to lend a guide book which I had in the car to Russell for the forthcoming Torridon trip ..which once again I’m missing out on .

It’s a book by Sean Benz ” West & North West Scotland ” which I picked up in the shop at Inverewe Gardens , Poolewe on our recent family holiday ..

While the book features lots of rides which I have done ..equally there are a good few which I have not ..and as this is the first time in a decade that I have missed out on at least one Scottish riding trip ..I’m hoping they can put it to good use .

Next Year though ..!!

Only one pic taken ..which seems to be missing a few zillion pixels ..so I won’t bother posting !

forge197
    Free Member

Saturday supposed to have 1-2-1 skills training but trainer forgot and didn’t turn up at meet point, so took a ride around the monkey and dog at Cannock ended with Bacon a Roll and Cake at the excellent cafe by the railway between monkey and dog

Mate got demo Specialized e-bike, so we went for a ride up and over a few times Long Mynd which was a great fun.

A good bikey weekend e and non-e.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@singlespeedstu where is that? looks grand  especially the trail in the fourth pic.

Autumn is here in sweden for real. Great long commute home on friday , left the office early for 40km of gravel radness

bike park on sunday. 1c at the top with snow. only two weeks left of uplfits 🙁

matt_outandabout

Sweden looks fine 😎

SSTU – where dat?

daviek

Nairnster, how is Glenlivet at the minute?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Hey ..my missing pixels have appeared ..

20180916_164049 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

vmgscot

Been away for the past 3 weekends so missed a few but had a great (road) trip to the USA including biking in a few places including Lake Tahoe, the Tetons, St George, Hurricane, Santa Cruz and a few others as well as plenty of sightseeing.

South Lake Tahoe

Teton Pass

Hurricane

Las vegas

It all fits!

Idaho

singlespeedstu

For those asking all the pics are in and around the Verbier area.

Another top week’s riding from the Bike Verbier boys and girls.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Weekend rides 15/16 Sep 2018’ is closed to new replies.